Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College, established in 1967, is situated in the village Irampuram, 30 km from Cochin City. It was named after the great saint Sree Sankaracharya and accredited with a grade ‘A’ by NAAC with a score of 3.1 in 2006.
SSV College, Ernakulam offers admission in various UG and PG programs like BA, B.Com, B.Sc., MA, M.Com, and M.Sc. and is approved by UGC. The college is managed by The Sree Sankara Trust is owned and affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU).
The minimum eligibility to apply for UG and PG courses offered at SVV College is 10+2 and a graduation degree respectively. The selection of candidates is purely merit-based.
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV), Ernakulam, Kerala Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1967| Private|
|Affiliated to||MGU, Kottayam|
|Courses Offered||BA, MA, B.SC, M.SC, B.COM, M.COM|
|Campus Area||18 acres|
|Facilities||AV Lab, Canteen, ATM, AC, Transport, Smart Classroom, Cafeteria, Computer Lab, Conference Hall, Swimming Pool, Hostel, Parking, Playground|
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV), Ernakulam, Kerala Courses Offered
SSV offers both UG and PG courses in all three courses i.e. arts, science, and commerce in various streams as well as diploma courses. There are various streams to choose from of which details are tabulated below:
|BA||Economics, English, History, Hindi||Duration: 3 years Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognized board|
|B.Sc.||Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science|
|B.Com||Taxation and Finance, Computer Applications|
|MA||History||Duration: 2 years Eligibility: A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University|
|M.Sc.||Chemistry, Computer Science|
|M.Com||International Business & Finance, Finance|
|Diploma in Computer Application [DCA]||Information Technology or Computer Science||Duration: 1 year Eligibility: Pass in 10+2|
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV), Ernakulam, Kerala Admissions
The selection of the candidates to the courses offered at SVV, Ernakulam is done on the basis of merit score. Admissions take place through CAP or Centralized Allotment Process conducted by MGU, Kottayam.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of SVV, Ernakulam @ssvcollege.ac.in.
- Fill in the online application form thoroughly and mention all the details.
- Upload the mandatory documents and submit the application form fee through online payment means.
- Submit the form and take a printout of the filled application form for future references.
The following original documents are to be presented before the Principal/Head of the college/institution at the time of admission:
- The Allotment Memo received online
- Receipt of fee remitted in the bank
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer Certificate (TC) and Conduct Certificate
- All 10+2 or equivalent mark sheets
- Migration Certificate (if applicable).
- Caste Certificate ( SC/ST candidates)
- Income certificate (as per Government rules) and Community Certificate.
- Community Certificate
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV), Ernakulam Placements
An active and dedicated placement and career guidance cell are available which focuses on providing proper guidance to students in order to enhance their prospects. Many MNCs visit the college for on-campus placements.
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV), Ernakulam Scholarships
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV), Ernakulam provides scholarship facilities to the meritorious students and those who are in need if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
|SC Scholarship||Entitlement card income limit Rs.25,000|
|State Merit Scholarship||Minimum 50% marks IDC-10,000/-P.G.-12,000/- Per annum|
|Full fees concession to O.B.C. Students||Annual income limit INR 25,000/- Per year for a degree|
|Scholarship for physically handicapped||Monthly income should not be more than INR 750/-|
|Full fees concession to socially and educationally backward class (as per Kumara Pillai Commission report)||Annual income per year Degree Rs.25,000/-|
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV), Ernakulam Facilities
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV) has a spacious campus of prime land in the sylvan plain with lush greenery and various indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Hostel: The college has a large hostel building with well-structured accommodation for students.
- Library: The college has a well-stocked library constituting numerous books, magazines, journals, and research books.
- Canteen: The college has a hygienic canteen where a variety of meals are available at reasonable prices.
- Transport: A transport facility for both students and teachers via buses is available which covers even locations far off from the college.
- Sports complex: Both indoor and outdoor sports are available for recreation.
- Other Facilities: Well-equipped Computer Labs, Gym, Smart Classroom, AC, AV Lab, ATM facility, Conference Hall, Swimming Pool, Parking
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV), Ernakulam Faculty
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV) has educated and qualified faculty members that aim to provide quality education to the students.
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: M.A., B.Ed
Dr. Manusankar C
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, Ph.D
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: B.Tech, M.Tech
Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV), Ernakulam FAQs
Ques. What roles have SSV College graduates and postgraduates been offered?
Ques. Is there a cut-off score for the entrance exam for SSV College?
Ques. Where is Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV) located?
Ques. What is the reservation policy of Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV)?
Ans. Sree Sankara Vidyapeetom College (SSV) has the following reservation criteria:
- Open Quota: 50% of seats
- SC/ST Quota: 20% seats
- Management Quota: 20% of seats
- 10% Seats: Namboothiri community
Ques. What are the requirements to avail SSV College reservation under EBFC?