Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi and was established in 1973. It is situated in Dev Nagar, New Delhi. The college has accredited by NAAC with a ‘B++’ grade. It was placed at 46th position out of 535 colleges in NIRF ranking 2017. The college always remains a step ahead in including the new pedagogical methods and technologies of the teaching-learning process. It offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs to students. The college also provides reservations for Sikh minorities. Admissions are done as per the rules of the University of Delhi i.e. Merit-based.
SGNDKC New Delhi Cutoffs 2020
|Courses||Cut off 1 (Gen)||Cut off 2 (Gen)||Cut off 3 (Gen)||Cut off 4 (Gen)||Cut off 5 (Gen)||Special Cut off (Gen)||Cut off 6 (Gen)|
|B.A (H) English||93.00||92.75||92.00||91.75||91.50||91.50||90.50|
|B.A (H) Hindi||80.00||78.00||77.75||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|B.A (H) Hindi Patrakarita||82.00||81.00||80.75||79.00||77.50||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) History||88.00||Closed||Closed||86.75||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|BA (H) Political Science||90.00||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|B.Sc (H) Mathematics||93.00||Closed||92.75||92.50||92.00||92.00||91.00|
|BA (H) Punjabi||58.00||56.00||55.00||53.00||50.00||50.00||45.00|
SGNDKC New Delhi Admission 2020 Dates
|Registration Begin for UG / PG Courses||20 Jun, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for PG Courses||18 Jul, 2020|
|Class XII Marks Updation Last Date||09 Aug, 2020 – 05 Oct, 2020|
|Last Date for UG Registration||31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Applications Available||20 Jun - 31 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Admit Card (Released)||29 Aug, 2020|
|DUET Exam Date||06 Sep - 11 Sep, 2020|
|UG / PG DUET 2020 Answer Key (Released)||26 Sep, 2020|
|DU JAT Exam Date||07 Sep, 2020|
|DU JAT Aanswer Key (Released)||27 Sep, 2020|
|DU JAT First Cutoff List||19 Oct, 2020|
|First Cutoff Release Date||10 Oct, 2020|
|Admission Against First Cutoff||12 Oct, 2020 – 14 Oct, 2020|
|Fee Payment Deadline (First List)||16 Oct, 2020 (Upto 11:59 p.m.)|
|Second Cutoff Released||17 Oct, 2020|
|Third Cutoff Released||24 Oct, 2020|
|DU JAT 1st Admission List (Out)||26 Oct, 2020|
|Admission Against 1st List (DU JAT)||28 Oct, 2020|
|Fourth Cutoff for UG Merit-based Admission||31 Oct, 2020|
|Fifth Cutoff Releases||7 Nov, 2020|
|1st Merit List for PG Admission Released||18 Nov, 2020|
|DU Special Cutoff (Released)||23 Nov, 2020|
|Admission in Special Cutoff||24 Nov, 2020 – 25 Nov, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||27 Nov, 2020|
|Sixth Cutoff Released||28 Nov, 2020|
|Admission Against Sixth Cutoff||29 Nov, 2020 – 2 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (6th Cutoff Admission)||4 Dec, 2020|
|Seventh Cutoff Released||5 Dec, 2020|
|Admission Against Seventh Cutoff||7 Dec, 2020 – 9 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (7th Cutoff Admission)||11 Dec, 2020|
|Second Special Cutoff Released||20 Dec, 2020|
SGNDKC New Delhi Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1973 | Public|
|Approved by||UGC and AICTE|
|Affiliation||University of Delhi|
|Courses Offered||13 courses over 5 streams|
|Popular Courses||B.A. and B.Com.|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance-based|
SGNDKC New Delhi Courses
The college offers 13 courses over 5 streams both at UG and PG levels. The details are as follows:
|BA (Hons.)||Hindi, Journalism and Mass Communication, English, Mathematics, Business Economics, History, Political Science, Punjabi, Hindi||3 years|
|B.Com. (Hons.)||-||3 years|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||Mathematics||3 years|
Read More SGNDKC New Delhi Courses and Fees
SGNDKC New Delhi Admission
The criteria for admission of the different courses are as follows:
- For UG courses, the candidates have to pass 10+2 in relevant streams with a minimum of 40% marks (for General degree) and 45% marks (for Hons. degree). The candidates are selected on the basis of the merit list prepared with marks in 10+2 and 3 best subjects.
- For PG courses, the candidates must hold a graduate degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 50% marks from University of Delhi or any other recognized University. One part of selection is done on the basis of candidates having a minimum of 65% marks or above in UG (Hons.) degree or 70% in UG (normal), while the rest of the candidates have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by Delhi University.
The applications could be applied in online and offline modes.
For online mode applications,
- Visit the official website of the Delhi University.
- Register by creating a login id and password.
- Sign in with the registered details to fill the online application form.
- Submit the form after filling it.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the Application Fees online by Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card.
For offline mode applications,
- The candidates should get the prospectus and the application form from the admission office of the college. The candidates can also download the application form from the University’s’ official website.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Affix the passport sized photographs on the form.
- Carefully sign the form wherever necessary and mentioned along with the signature of the parents/ guardian.
- Attach the required documents and submit the same at the admission office.
Read More SGNDKC New Delhi Admission
SGNDKC New Delhi Placements
The college has an active Career Counselling cum Placement Cell which helps the students in getting the internships and jobs. The packages offered to the students have been better in the past years. The companies coming for the recruitment drive in the college are:
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- University 18
- South Indian Bank
- AON Hewitt
- Ernst & Young
Read More SGNDKC New Delhi Placements
SGNDKC New Delhi Scholarships
The college provides financial aids and scholarships to the deserving students in the form of:
- Financial Assistance to the deserving and meritorious students in the form of fee concession and stipends.
- Student Aid fund for the deserving students to meet their tuition or examination fee or to purchase books.
- Scholarship for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes.
Read More SGNDKC New Delhi Scholarships
SGNDKC New Delhi Facilities
The college is located in the serene surroundings and beautiful natural environment providing all the necessary facilities to the students. The facilities offered are:
- Library- The college library houses 73,366 books to the students and gives them with subscription to more than fifty National & International journals and magazines.
- Hostel- The accommodation is provided for both boys and girls within the campus.
- Lab- The college has a well-equipped and properly established labs for conducting practical sessions for the students.
- Sports- The sports facilities are there to maintain proper physical and mental health of the students. The annual sports fest is also conducted every year.
Read More SGNDKC New Delhi Hostel
SGNDKC New Delhi Faculty
The college has experienced faculty members and guides over 14 departments. They are very talented. They not only teach the students but also serve as their mentors. They are approachable, helpful, and well learnt persons. The total number of faculty members including professors and lecturers in 14 different departments in the college is 95.
Read More SGNDKC New Delhi Faculty
SGNDKC New Delhi FAQs
Ques. What are the different departments in SGNDKC New Delhi?
Ans. The 14 different departments at the institution are:
- Business Economics
- Environmental Studies
- Hindi Journalism
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Hindi Patrakarita Evam Jansanchar
Ques. What academic societies are there at SGNDKC New Delhi to support students?
Ans. Several academic societies at the institution are:
- Asankh - The Mathematics Scoiety
- Udyamita - The Entrepreneurship Cell
- Vanaj- The Commerce Society
- Kirt- The Economics Society
- Sofica- Society for Financial Literacy & Consumer Awareness
- Vedang - debating and quizzing society
- Encore- The English Society
- Shodh- The History Society
- Civil Society - The Political Science Society
- Hindi Sahitya Sabha
- Punjabi Sahitya Sabha
Ques. Is there any extra-curricular society at SGNDKC New Delhi?
Ans. Yes, the college ensures academics along with extra-curricular activities governed by the following societies:
- AnC- The Arts & Culture Society
- Certatus- Model United Nations Society
- Photobug - The Photography and Videography Society
- Nepathya - The Dramatics Society
- Vedang- The Debating and Quizzing Society
- Sarbloh warriors - The Gatka Society
- Magus - The Western Dance Society
- Vijyant - The NCC Club
- NSS Wing
- Cyber Clan - The I.T. Society
- Musoc- The Music Society
- Impasto- The Fine Arts Society
- The Bhangra Society
Ques. What are the different provisions for the Sikh community minority students at SGNDKC New Delhi?
Ans. The provisions for Sikh Minority Students are as follows:
- The students who wish to avail the benefit of Sikh Minority Quota have to mark Sikh Minority in the registration form at the time of registering online through the University of Delhi UG admission portal.
- The students are required to get Sikh Minority Certificate from the office of Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DSGMC) and Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Sahib, New Delhi before the admission.
- Separate Cut-off percentages are announced for Sikh Minority Quota students for various courses offered by the college.
Ques. Is there any facility of online learning at SGNDKC New Delhi?
Ans. Yes, the college offers certain subjects out of all subjects in every semester in online mode. Few of them are:
- Vartalap tatha devnagari lipi
- Investing in stock market
- Indian economy
- Women empowerment
- Differential equations
- Gandhi and the contemporary world