Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi, located at North Campus of the university. It has been accredited by NAAC with Grade ‘A’. Khalsa College is a co-educational institution that offers education in Commerce, Arts, and Science graduation programs. The college also offers language courses such as French, German and Spanish. The college is not only educationally skilled but is an active center for co-curricular activities. SGTB Khalsa College is best known for its Sports facilities and Dramatic society.
SGTB Khalsa College Courses
The college offers the following academic courses under various disciplines at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
B.A.(Hons) English/ Hindi/ Economics/ History/ Political Science
B.Sc (Hons) Botany/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Electronics/ Zoology
B.Sc Life Science
M.A. Hindi/ English/ History/ Political Science/ Economics/
M.Sc Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics
Sports Economics & Marketing
Apart from these courses, the college also offers certificate courses in 7 foreign languages and Diploma in 2 languages with certification from the University of Delhi.
Know more SGTB Khalsa College Courses
SGTB Khalsa College Admissions
The college conducts both online and offline admission process. The selection of the candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination from the best four subjects.
- The basic eligibility criteria for taking admission in UG courses is that candidates must have passed 10+2 examination.
- Admissions in PG courses require a candidate to have a graduate degree in relevant subjects.
- For Add-on certificate courses, the candidates should be pursuing a graduate degree.
- Admission in PG Diploma courses requires a graduate degree in science with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Candidates seeking admission in the language certificate courses must fulfill the requisite cut-off released by the college.
Click here SGTB Khalsa College Admissions 2020
Of the total intake in each course, 50% of the seats are reserved for Sikh Candidates. Being a minority institution, the college also provides reservation to minority candidates along with Sports and ECA on the basis of the relevant certificates. The applicants shall fill in the prescribed application form for admission and attach the following documents in original along with a self-attested copy of each:
- Provisional Certificate of the last public examination passed, i.e. Senior Secondary or equivalent.
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by the School Examination Board (X class)
- Detailed Marks-statement of Senior Secondary or equivalent Examination
- Character Certificate issued by the Principal of the School last attended
- Two latest unattested color photographs (passport size)
The college offers 4% (40 seats) under sports quota for Cricket, Basketball, Handball, Hockey, Volleyball, Athletics, Badminton and many more. The candidates will be required to fill an online application form available on the website of the University of Delhi. It is necessary to upload a self-attested copy of the highest sports certificate in the game the candidate wishes to apply for.
The admission under sports quota will be based on (a) with sports trial and (b) super-category direct admission without sports trial as per information mentioned in Information bulletin of the University of Delhi.
A small number of students are offered admission on the basis of exceptional skills exhibited in the field of theatre, drama, creative writing, debate, digital media, music, fine arts, and quiz. Applicants seeking admissions under ECA category must be registered online on DU Admission Portal after paying the prescribed fee. The applicants are required to upload only one certificate in each activity they wish to apply as a proof of their involvement. The trials for admission under the ECA category shall be conducted by the ECA Admission committee.
For more details, candidates can refer to either to the official website of the college or the University of Delhi.
SGTB Khalsa College Cut-Off
Below mentioned is the cut-off released by the college for UG courses.
B.A.(Hons) Political Science
B.A.(Prog) Mathematics+Political Science
SGTB Khalsa College Scholarships
The college various scholarships to deserving and meritorious students to encourage them to perform better. The categories involved are academics, sports, and ECA. Below mentioned are some of the scholarships offered by the college:
- Gagandeep Singh Anand Memorial Award
- Sdn. Parkash Kaur Sahni Memorial Award
- S.Tarlochan Singh Sarna Memorial Award
- S. Rajinder Singh Sachdev Memorial Award
- S. Tara Singh Jassal Memorial Scholarship
- S. Pritam Singh Narang Memorial Scholarship
- S. Gurbaksh Singh Bhasin Memorial Scholarship
Check here SGTB Khalsa College Scholarships