St. Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce was established in the year 1983 by the Archbishop of Bombay Simon Pimenta with 194 students. It was inaugurated by Mother Teresa as one of the Christian Roman Catholic institutes in Mumbai. St. Andrews offers various undergraduate and postgraduate regular and self-financing courses in disciplines of Arts. Science and Commerce. It has been accredited with an 'A' grade by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and Maharashtra Board. Their goal is to develop the intellect and inspire their students to act righteously. St. Andrews College is one of the best minority Catholic Institutions in India and its result and performance have been proving it so far. As per the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) it has been ranked 'A' class with a CGPA of 3.14 on a four-point scale.
St. Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce Highlights
|Established | Type||1983 | Private|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and postgraduate|
St. Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce Courses
Various Undergraduate and postgraduate courses are offered at St. Andrews under Arts, Science and Commerce stream. Many diploma courses are also offered by the college. Below given is the list of courses offered.
|B.A.||Economics, English, History, Psychology, and Sociology||Eligibility: Intermediate passed or equivalent exam with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate
Duration: 3 years
|B.Com.||Accounts & Finance and Banking & Insurance|
|B.A. (BMM)||Mass Media and Mass communication|
|B.Sc.||Information Technology and Hospitality Studies|
|M.Com.||Commerce||Eligibility: Graduation passed from commerce stream or equivalent and secured not less than 40% marks in aggregate
St. Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce Admission
Admission is done as per the University of Mumbai Guidelines and college norms. Students seeking admission to St. Andrews College will have to follow a two-way process of admission. First is the online procedure for registration, and the second is the offline procedure at the institute level. Below given is the process of admission.
How to Apply?
- Students may visit the official website of the University of Mumbai and fill the online registration form by creating a username and password. Complete the form filling procedure online.
- Submission copy should be submitted to the St. Andrews College campus at the time of the offline process and student copy has to be retained by the students for future correspondence.
- Students seeking admission from outside-Maharashtra Boards will have to fill in a provisional eligibility form in the institute office before payment of fees.
St. Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce Placement
St Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce has a placement cell which helps its students interact with working professionals and accordingly gain an understanding of how to conduct themselves in the workplace. Various MNCs like TATA, IndiaNivesh, L&T Infotech, ICICI, Tech Mahindra, etc. have been recruiting meritorious students from the placement drives.
|Academic Year||UG Students placed||Average annual salary - INR|
St. Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce Scholarship
Over 50 scholarships, prizes, and awards are offered by St. Andrews College. Minority students eligible for government scholarships and freeships are advised to apply for the same. St. Andrews College also offers Freeships for Economically Needy Students. Below given is a list of a few Scholarships, Prize, and Freeships that students can avail.
- Prof. Mavis Dias Endowment Scholarship: It grants a total of Rs 1,00,000 (Rs. 1 Lakh) spread over three years to the meritorious students
- Late Sultan Nathani Scholarship: For students scoring highest marks in Psychology.
- Lawrence and Maria D’Abreo Scholarship for a deserving Catholic student for consistent all-round Academic excellence in FY, SY, and TYBCom.
- Swavalamban Helfta Vikas Mandal Awards: It is in memory of Mrs. Elfreda D’Almei is awarded to outstanding qualities in leadership and social awareness (NSS)
- Clifford Athaide Memorial Scholarship: for best Sportsman of the Year in the college who has performed outstandingly in sports events.
The following graph shows the number of students who received scholarships in 2018-19:
St. Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce Facilities
Various facilities like Library, Laboratories, conference hall, auditorium, gym, playground, etc. are provided to the students at the St. Andrews College of Arts, Science, and Commerce. Students can enhance their extracurricular activities by participating in events organized by the college. The participation of teachers and students creates an overwhelming cooperative environment in the college campus. Below given is the list of facilities provided by the St. Andrews College of Arts, Science, and Commerce.
- Library: It was opened in 1983 with 200 books and currently it has a collection of more than 30,000 books for the readers and students. It is fully automated with SLIM 21 Library Management Software which makes it convenient for students to issue books.
- Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension (DLLE): This was established in 2018 to enhance the students’ leadership and employability skills. DLLE conducts many activities such as Essay writing, Poster making, elocution competition, quiz competition, etc. for students.
- NSS Unit: It is in the St. Andrews College develops a sense of nationalism amongst the participating students. It helps the student to grow individually and also as a group in unity.
- Foreign University Cell: It promotes students a global perspective of their future field, the opportunity to learn about other cultures. International Universities have liaised with St. Andrew College which consults information about Study abroad options such as Study abroad programs, diplomas, and postgraduate degrees to the students.
- Entrepreneurship Cell: It helps enhance students’ skills in the field of entrepreneurship. Alumni and ex-students also are known as Andreans of St. Andrews helps in shaping the mind of new generation entrepreneurs.
St. Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce Faculty
Under the Principal Dr. Marie Fernandes, St. Andrews College has an esteemed faculty of over 60 Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff. Dedicated staff and supportive management make it one of the best minority catholic colleges in India. Dr. Desiree Gonsalves and Ms. Melanie Andrade is the vice-principal of St. Andrew College of Arts, Science and Commerce.
There are 44 faculty members, 9 of whom are Associate members and 34 are Assistant Professors. Ms. Marie Fernandes is the Dean of the college.
St. Andrew's College of Arts Science and Commerce FAQs
Ques. How many students can take admission every year?
Ques. Is St. Andrews College of Arts, Science, and Commerce only for catholic minorities?
Ques. Do they provide scholarships?
Ques. Is St. Andrews College of Arts, Science, and Commerce a private college or government?
Ques. Is attendance compulsory here?