Founded in 1881, St. Stephens is the oldest college in Delhi. Established in the year 1922, the college is affiliated to University of Delhi. It has been accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade. It holds 2nd Rank in NIRF All India Ranking 2018 in college category. The motto of the college is “To the Glory of God.” The college offers degrees in liberal arts and sciences at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The courses offered by the college are mentioned below:
- B.A. (Hons) - Economics, English, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit.
- B.Sc. (Hons) - Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics
- B.Sc. Programme (Physical Science)
- B.A. Programme
Post Graduate courses
- M.A. - English, Economics, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit
- M.Sc. - Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research
Admission for UG courses in St. Stephen’s is based on the basis of merit list by calculating ‘Best Four’ - one language subject and three best academic/elective subjects. Shortlisted candidates on the basis on their marks will be considered for admission.
St. Stephens College’s Campus Placement Cell is run by the students and offers a plethora of opportunities that help in securing their bright futures. Top firms like McKinsey & Company, Bain Capability Centre, Parthenon - EY, A.T Kearney have been recruiting from the college.
The average package of INR 8.03 LPA has been extended to few students. The highest package offered for a domestic role was INR 14 LPA and for an international role INR 40 LPA. The students get offers in diverse roles from various top companies through the placement cell of the college.
- Sports Infrastructure: cardio Studio, cricket grounds, badminton hall, tennis arena, swimming pool
- Chapel available to all for worship and meditation
- Dining Hall
- Internet Resource Centre
- Medical Room
- Cafeteria with a variety of good food at reasonable cost
- Banking facility
The college offers a wide array of scholarships, academic prizes and freeships and aids to students. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Mukarji-Ram Behari Mathematics Prize
- The Late Shri Manmohan Lal Shrimali History Prize
- Rudra Economics Prize
- Stephenian Prize
- Cambridge Essay Prize
- Pandit Hazari Lal Scholarship
- Singapore Stephenian Scholarship
- Kesar Devi Scholarships
- Tokyo-Mitsubishi Scholarships
- Tiara Scholarship
- Commonwealth Essay Prize
- Religious Studies Prize
- M.M Bhalla Poetry Prize
- Sharp Jai Behari History Prize