St. Teresa’s College has introduced 2 new aided programmes: Integrated MA in Social Sciences-Economics and Master of Commerce & Management. Interested candidates can apply for these programmes till Dec 24, 2020.
St. Teresa’s College was established in 1925 and is situated in the Ernakulam district of Kerala. St. Teresa’s College offers 4 courses in different specializations at the UG level, 2 courses in different specializations at PG level, and Diploma courses. The college also offers M.Phil and other add on courses. The courses are accredited by NAAC. Moreover, the college is affiliated with Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. The college was ranked 47th in the NIRF 2020 Rankings. The admissions at St. Teresa’s College is sought through an aptitude test. In 2019, a total of 106 students got placed to various companies.
St. Teresa’s College Important Dates
|Last Date for Remittance of Application Fee for Integrated MA in Social Sciences-Economics and Master of Commerce & Management||24 Dec, 2020|
|Last Date of Application||24 Dec, 2020|
|Releasing of Allotment List||29 Dec, 2020|
|Admission based on Allotment List||04 Jan, 2021|
|Admission through Management Quota||04 Jan, 2021|
|Starting of Classes||06 Jan, 2021|
St. Teresa’s College Ernakulam Highlights
|Established | Type||1925 | Autonomous|
|Accredited to||NAAC ‘A++’ Grade|
|Affiliated to||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam|
|Courses Offered||4 UG, 2 PG, 3 PG Diploma, 2 M.Phil and 22 certificate courses|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based, Aptitude Based|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Auditorium, Language Lab|
St. Teresa’s College Ernakulam Courses
The table below gives details about the courses conducted at the college along with the eligibility and duration related details:
|B.A.||Economics, English, Communication English, French, History, Sociology, Bharatanatyam||Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognized board or its equivalent in any stream
Duration: 3 Years
|B.Sc.||Psychology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology, Botany, Computer Applications, Apparel & Fashion Designing|
|B.Com||Taxation, Capital Market|
|M.A.||Economics, English Literature, Sociology, History, Bharatanatyam||Eligibility: Graduation in related disciplines plus entrance exam marks
Duration: 2 Years
|M.Sc.||Child Development, Resource Management & Interior Design, Food Science & Nutrition|
|M.Phil||Botany, English, Physics|
St. Teresa’s College Ernakulam Admission
Admissions at St. Teresa’s College can be sought through filling an application form that is made available online on the official college website.
How to Apply?
- The candidate should register by filling the application form along with all the required details.
- Pay the application fee of Rs.200 for General candidates and Rs.100 for SC/ST candidates, along with the application form via online payment gateway or Challan at any bank.
- Submit two photocopies of the application form (One copy duly signed by the candidate) and a copy of challan along with the mark sheet of the qualifying exam.
- Candidates applying under Sports/Cultural/Physically Disabled Quota must submit their relevant certificates.
- Ph.D. candidates must pay the application fee of Rs. 500 for General candidate and Rs. 200 for SC/ST candidate via challan at any branch of South India Bank.
Check here St. Teresa’s College Admission
St. Teresa’s College Ernakulam Placement
Students are placed at various companies as per their interest with the help of Placement cell. The placement record of the previous three years at UG level is tabulated below:
|Year||Graduation level||Students placed||Average Package in INR|
Know more St. Teresa’s College Placement
St. Teresa’s College Ernakulam Scholarship
Some of the scholarship schemes offered at the college are Central Sector Scholarship, The Kerala State Higher Education Scholarship, Pratibha Scholarship, Minority Welfare Scholarship, Paloli Mohammed Kutty Scholarship to name a few. The table below mentions the number of students receiving scholarships in the last 3 years:
Read more St. Teresa’s College Scholarship
St. Teresa’s College Ernakulam Facilities
The college campus provides students with a lot of facilities to ease their college life. Some of the facilities available at the college campus for the students as well as staffs include:
- Hostel: Students can register themselves for hostel facilities available at the college campus at the time of admissions. There is a total of 3 hostels at the college campus.
- Library: The college library covers an area of 1679.25 Sq.m with a seating capacity of 500 students. The library at the college consists of a collection of more than 1,00,000 books and 200 journals & magazines.
- Auditorium: There are two auditoriums at the college campus with a total capacity of 3000 students. These are used for holding different programs, seminars, and other public functions.
- Language Lab: Students can make use of Language Lab to enhance their communication skills using computer-based exercises and activities.
St. Teresa’s College Ernakulam Faculty
The faculty at St. Teresa’s College consists of a team of professional teachers including 201 Assistant Professors. Many of the professors have achieved Ph.D. & M.Phil in their respective fields. Some of the faculty have also received awards for their contribution to society and technical faculty. Nirmala Padmanabhan has received the CIID Design Summer School Scholarship from the Startup Mission Government of Kerala. The faculty has also helped in publishing 1 patent, 23 sponsored pieces of research, and 66 consultancy projects in the past 3 years.
Check here St. Teresa’s College Faculty
St. Teresa’s College Ernakulam FAQs
Ques. Does St Teresa’s College have an auditorium?
Ques. Does St Teresa’s College have an active placement cell?
Ques. Can I apply for B.com now?
Ques. Are there canteen facilities available on the campus of St Teresa’s College?
Ques. What are the college library timings?
Ques. Are gym facilities available at St Teresa’s College?
Ques. Are First-Aid & Medical facilities available at St Teresa’s College?