Updated On - July 24th 2019 by SURBHI
St. Xavier's College is an Autonomous College, started in the year 1869 under the name of Spanish Saint ’Francis Xavier’. The institute is designed in Indo-Gothic aesthetically designed architecture of more than 150 years old. It is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. St. Xavier’s boasts that it has been conferred with “Star College Award” by Govt. of India, Department of Biotechnology. The college offers UG, PG, Certificate and Diploma courses in the field of Arts, Science, Business and Commerce.
St Xavier's College Mumbai Highlights
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
over 2.94 acres
Both Online and Offline
5, Mahapalika Marg Mumbai - 400001 Maharashtra, India
St Xavier's College Mumbai Courses
The college offers various programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate and diploma courses in multiple specializations. The list of UG courses consists of BA, B.Sc., B.Sc.(IT), B.Voc, B.Com, BMS, and BMM, while MA and M.Sc. at postgraduate level. It also provides diploma and certificate courses in 6 disciplines.
Check St Xavier's College Mumbai Fee Structure
St Xavier's College Mumbai Admission
The registration for all programs is done through both online and offline mode. Those who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of college as well as they can download the same. Applicants are suggested to check eligibility criteria before applying for any program.
The basic eligibility is 10+2 for UG courses while for PG programs applicants must have a graduate degree in a relevant discipline from a well-recognized university or institute. The minimum marks required for admission is 50%.
Admission to all UG and PG courses is done through entrance exam. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in entrance exam are called for interview round.
Also, Check St Xavier's College Mumbai Admission
St Xavier's College Mumbai Placement
The college has a unique Training & Placement Cell to work on the interests of the students as per their desire to choose their career paths after the due academic courses. The college organizes on-campus recruitment sessions as well as off-campus internship programs by various elite and reputed industries. Every year, many prominent companies have been invited for the campus Placement sessions as the college provides the best placement opportunities to its students. Some of the prominent recruiting visitors of the college are such as Accenture, Axis Bank, Crisil, Mahindra & Mahindra, SAP and many more like them.
St. Xavier's College Facilities
- Hostel: College has a small hostel for senior male students which can accommodate 60 students.
- Library: College library consists of over 133489 books out of which half are reference books. College Library also subscribes to 62 national and 14 international journals and 6000 periodicals.
- Audio-Visual Centre: College has two audio-visual centers, the Smith Centre for Audio-Visual Instruction (SCAVI), with a seating capacity of 100, and the Multi-Media Room (MMR), with a seating capacity of 110.
- Classrooms: Classrooms have IT enabled accessories, fiberglass boards, and pull down screens.
- Counseling Centre: Counseling center was founded in the year 1954 in order to provide information on various studies, professions in India and abroad.
St Xavier's College Mumbai Extra-Curricular Activities
- Indian Music Group
- Economic Circle
- Xavier College Chorus
- Stats Society
- Sociology Academy