Updated On - July 29th 2019 by SURBHI
Stella Maris College is a Public Catholic institution of higher education for women located in the capital city of Indian Tamilnadu state - Chennai. It is an autonomous college affiliated to University of Madras established on 15th August 1947. The college is a Catholic minority institution established and run by the Society of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary from the Missionaries form an International religious congregation of women representing 79 nationalities spread over 75 countries on five continents. The college offers a number of UG, PG and Research Courses. Admission to same is done on the basis of merit of the qualifying exam.
Stella Maris College Highlights
Public (Autonomous) College
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
University Grants Commission (UGC)
University of Madras, Chennai
Number of Faculty members
17, Cathedral Road Chennai - 600086 Tamil Nadu, India
Stella Maris College Courses
The college offers a number of Undergraduate, Postgraduate programs along with M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses in specialized fields of study. The duration of undergraduate and postgraduate courses is varied.
Also Check Stella Maris College Fees
Stella Maris College Departments
- Department of Bioinformatics
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Botany
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of English
- Department of English and Communication
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of History
- Department of International Studies
- Department of Languages
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Public Relations
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Value Education
- Department of Vocational
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Sports and Games
- Department of Social Awareness Program
Stella Maris College Admission
The registration for all courses is done through online mode. Applicants who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the college.
The basic eligibility for UG courses is 10+2 in relevant discipline with minimum required marks. For PG courses, applicants must have a graduate degree in relevant discipline with required marks.
Candidates are selected on the basis of merit of the qualifying exam. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks are called for interview round. The final selection is based on the overall performance of candidates.
Click Here Stella Maris College Chennai Admission
Stella Maris College Placements
There is an eminent Placement Cell at the college which invites all possible elite companies and firms to the campus recruiting sessions in order to give maximum job opportunities to the college students. The cell takes care of all the interests of its students for their all-round development. Some of the companies that recruited its students are Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, KPMG, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, World Bank, Wipro Cognizant Technology Solutions, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sutherland, Zoho, Zifo RnD, Verizon, Google, TNQ, Scientific Publishing, Velammal Schools and NTrust, etc.
Below are some stats for the past 3-year placement session gone successfully on the campus.
UG Placement Sessions
No. of students Placed
Median Salary Offered
INR 2.40 Lacs Per Annum
INR 2.30 Lacs Per Annum
INR 2.18 Lacs Per Annum
PG Placement Sessions
No. of students Placed
Median Salary Offered
INR 3.25 Lacs Per Annum
INR 2.10 Lacs Per Annum
INR 3.00 Lacs Per Annum
Read More Stella Maris College Placements
Stella Maris College Scholarship
The college also provides Scholarships Programs to deserving and meritorious candidates on the following basis:
- Scholarship for Merit cum need basis
- Scholarship for SC/ST and OBC Students.
Stella Maris College Collaboration
- National Foundation for CSR (NFCSR) of Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi
- Pivot Animation, Chennai
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), UK
- Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool, U.K
- Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai
- IESEG School of Management, Lille Catholic University
- Catholique d' Etudes Superieures, Nantes, France
Stella Maris College Facilities
- Institute has five hostels for girls and each hostel room is single-seated and double-seated types.
- Hostel name - Our Lady’s Hostel, St. Joseph’s Hostel, Nava Nirmana Hostel, Klemens Hostel, and Senahalaya Hostel in the institute.
- Institute has 20 computers, 1 server, 6 UPS units, 1 printer, and MATHCAD 24 software
- The College provided the lab with internet connections and four additional computers.
Stella Maris College Extracurricular Activities
- NSS – National Service Scheme
- NCC – National Cadet Corps
- Social Awareness Program