Banwarilal Bhalotia College Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Banwarilal Bhalotia College, Asansol, was established in 1944 by the educationists of the region. The College imparts higher education to the students from West Bengal, Bihar and Jharkhand. The College has prime goal and objective of all round personality development of young citizens, changing in their living and thinking style and thereby placing them on the main stream of life. The College is making best efforts to realize the goal of education. The College is a government aided and recognised under 2f in 1978 and 12B in 1981.
- The College is affiliated to the University of Burdwan and has recently got the status of a constituent College
- Recently this institution has been accredited by NAAC and evaluated as ‘Grade A’ College
- This institution is expected to be declared soon as ‘Centre of Excellence
- The college has infrastructure of about 7.8 acres
- College has seprate wings for arts and science with total of 48 classrooms
- It has 26 laboratories and also accommodates principal’s chamber
- College has three galleries, seminar hall under construction, common rooms for girls and boys, central library, departmental seminar libraries, computer centre and sports complex with both indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Quarters for non-teaching staff are also located on the campus. The College has NSS and NCC wings
- College has a Botanical garden. The plantations are done very efficiently in the campus so as to make campus look so beautiful
- National Cardet Corp unit- At present NCC is running in BB college for both boys and girls. Students are participating in various activities, such as Republic Day Parades in New Delhi, Summer Training Camps etc.
- National Service Scheme- B.B college participates in the NSS under the university of burdwan. It includes development programmes in the rural sectors
- The college library has 50000 books
- Internet Facility is available in the library
- Boys hostel can accommodate 90 boys
- Girls hostel with capcity of 100 girls
- College has central computer lab
- It has 126 computers, 3 LCD projectors and 4 OHPs
- There is a sports ground for various sports like volleyball, football etc.