The Government T Romana college was established in June 1992 in Mizoram with a mission to promote and support weaker sections of society, especially the economically and Academically disadvantaged students.
The college offers a three-year degree course with various specializations in the field of Arts. The private institute was upgraded to grant-in-Aid status in 2003 and became provincialized in 2008.
Along with the regular courses, the college is an approved study center of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) under which the students can pursue undergraduate degrees in areas such as Social work, Human-Rights, and others.
UGC has enabled the college to offer certificate programs in Computer application and Mobile-phone repairing under the Career oriented course program. Admissions of the candidates to the college are done based on the academic results in the qualifying examination.
Govt. T.Romana College - [GTRC], Aizawl Highlights 2021
|Affiliated to||Mizoram University|
|Courses offered||UG (BA)|
|Facilities||Library, Aid clinic, women's hostel, canteen, Games, and Sports|
GTRC Aizawl Courses Offered
The following undergraduate course is offered by the college in various specializations. The courses include the assessment of 6 semesters.
|BA||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: The candidate must have passed the HSC qualifying examination or equivalent from the recognized board/university.
Specialization: English, Mizo, Economics, Education, History, Political science, Public administration, Sociology
Read More: GTRC Aizawl Courses & Fee
GTRC Aizawl Admissions
Admissions at the college are done based on the merit-list produced by the college as per the qualifying marks and reservation of seats.
Depending on the vacancy of seats, the college may also release the 2nd list of selected candidates.
How to Apply?
The college allows application forms in both online/offline forms.
Fresh application forms will be issued along with the prospectus on payment of INR 100/-.
- One can visit the official website of the college and can download the application form.
- Fill the application form and submit it on the portal.
- Send the relevant documents through the mail for verification.
- The candidate has to pay the admission fee through online/offline modes.
- The candidates who do the online payment have to send the transaction ID and deposit slip through the mail.
- One can visit the office counter of the college during working hours in person to obtain the prospectus and application form.
- Fill the application form and submit it.
- Pay the particular admission fee at the college office counter as described in the prospectus.
- HSLC mark sheet
- HSLC certificate
- HSSLC mark sheet
- HSSLC certificate
- Recent passport size photograph
- A valid certificate of PwD
Read More: GTRC Aizawl Reviews
GTRC Aizawl Scholarships
The college has introduced incentive schemes for meritorious students of the college and the cash awards are donated by the faculties of the college in the form of scholarships.
Following is the list of some of the awards:
- Tlangchuhthanga award: this award is given to the student who receives the highest overall score in university exams.
- L. V Zahnuna award: this award is given to the topper among the students of the college in the university exams.
- Lily Puii Award: This award is given to the candidate who receives the highest score in specialization Mizo.
Read More: GTRC Aizawl News & Articles
GTRC Aizawl Facilities
- Library: The college has the facility of the library which remains open during office hours on working days. The library has a huge collection of books, journals, periodicals, and other materials. It also consists of a reading room for both faculty and students of the college. exceptions are made for outsiders with special permission from the principal. E-resources are easily available to staff members and researchers through the INFLIBNET software. The students are provided internet access through the UGC network located at the library.
- Women's Hostel: The college runs the women's hostel which is sponsored by the UGC to provide easy accessibility of higher education to girls coming from remote areas or socially backward backgrounds or financial crises.
- Legal-Aid clinic: IN collaboration with Mizoram state legal services authority, the college provides a legal-Aid clinic twice a week to be accessed by all the students. legal assistance is provided to them on any matter by the law experts free of cost.
- Other facilities include College canteen, Equity cell and Welfare board, Alumni association, Well-equipped laboratories, and Webinars organized by the college.
Read More: GTRC Aizawl Gallery
GTRC Aizawl Faculty
The faculty members at the Government T Romana college are highly qualified with bachelor's and master's degrees and are very well-experienced. some of the faculty members also have doctorate level degrees in particulars. The faculty are categorized into associate professors and assistant professors.
The institute has a total of 38 faculty members who are categorized as associate professors and assistant professors. Each department has a head and the other faculties at different positions.
- Associate professors: 26
- Assistant professors:12
Read More: GTRC Aizawl Faculty
GTRC Aizawl FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide any skill development and capability enhancement program?
Ans. Yes, along with the regular studies, the college provides skill-enhancement and learning programs such as remedial coaching which is conducted after the usual college hours for the weak students in each department the college has a language lab where the spoken English and communication classes are held once in every year. The college also runs computer classes in collaboration with NIEIT which offers a CCC course to the students. Meditations sessions are held once a week for the interested students.
Ques. Does the college provide any study material for references to the students?
Ans. Yes, the college provides an ease to the students in their studies by offering them well-planned study materials in each area. the college also provides the material of previous year question papers to keep students aware of the exam pattern and important questions asked in exams.
Ques. What is the fee structure for the students admitted to the college at the time of admission?
Ans. Following is the fee-structure that the students need to pay at the time of admission. The following payment fee is not refundable:
|Admission fee||120 /- PA|
|Monthly tuition fee||1200 /- PA|
|Internal exam fee||400 /- PA|
|Student aid fund||50 /-|
|Enrolment fee||100 /-|
|Registration fee||200 /-|
|Identity card fee||100 /-|
|Library fee||300 /- PA|
|Student union fee||300 /- PA|
|Games fee||300 /- PA|
|Magazine fee||300 /-PA|
|College development fee||300 /- PA|
50% of the tuition and admission fees are conceded for differently-abled persons upon proof.
Ques. What are the assessment policies and study-system for the students in each course?
Ans. The college follows the choice-based credit system where the students are allowed to choose the elective subjects as per their choice. The academic progress is examined through Internal continuous Assessment which consists of 2 tests and an assessment of student's performance through assignments or seminars. The minimum attendance criteria are 75% for each semester and the college has the right to disallow students from appearing for university exams on failure in the attendance criteria.
Ques. Does the college conduct any co-curricular activities for the students?
Ans. Yes. continuous efforts are made by the college for the overall development of the students through organizing various co-curricular activities. different social activities are held through the NSS and NCC units for the students. different programs are conducted by the students and for the students through clubs such as King's Adventure club, Cultural club, Chess club, History club, and many more.