Bapujee College, Saraswata Nagar has been established in 1976-77 with the mission to provide higher education to all the peoples from all the sections of the community, even the people from backward society.The aim of the institution is to remove all sort of ignorance and superstitions from the mind of people by providing them with quality education and caarying them ahead with the goal of national goal of all-round development and bringing all classes of the under-privilaged people
- Bapujee college is based under the rural area college and is a seat of higher learning
- It is located 40km away from the district headquarters of Angul state in Orrisa.
- It was established with the goal to provide quality education for the backward people
Vision and Mission:
- To provide Higher education at affordable price to rural youth.
- Thrive to manage the scare resources in a prudent manner for maximum output in all spheres of life.
- To encourage integrated development of personality of the students which may generate a sense of pride and inculcate self-confidence in them for nation-building endeavour.
- To provide education on great human values rich heritage of our composite culture and entity.
- To create awareness for improvement of physical and social environment.
- To raise the capacity and capability of youths for gainful employment.
- To nurture leadership qualities among the students.
National Service Scheme(NSS):
The NSS wing started working in college since 1979 with a single unit and second unit was founded in 2006. The following days were observed as part of NSS activities in college:
- NSS Day (24 September)
- Communal Harmony Week (3rd week of November)
- World AIDS Day (1st December)
- World Environment Day (5 June)
- World Alcohol Abuses Day (26 June)
- Besides the above observances, the NSS wings
National Cadet Corps:
- There is one National Cadet Corps Company in the college with an intake strength of 55 cadets.
- Students interested to join NCC shall have to fill in an application in the prescribed form available with NCC officer during July-August.
Youth Red Cross(YRC) activities:
There were various red cross activities that were held in the college:
- Blood donation camps
- Mega health camps
- Aids awareness
Social Service Guild:
- It is a unit in the college which helps the poor students by providing them with the financial aid
- The government of orrisa helps the students of SC/ST with financial help
The college has very good record in sports activities.
- Volleyball- The college has very good volleyball team in this academic year
- Athletics- The college is good in atheletics. Five students were selected best in college
The aim of the Cultural Association is to encourage students to stimulate their literary talent through debates, discussion and meetings. The Society also arranges competition in Essays, Plays etc. both in English and Oriya.
The college has its dramtics society. The aim of the society is to sitmulate the talemts of the students
- Medical facilities