Bareilly College is one of the premier colleges established in the year 1837 at Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. It is affiliated to the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University. The college offers a variety of Undergraduate, Post-graduate & Professional courses in the field of Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, Library Science, Management different specializations. The college imparts good quality education with highly qualified faculties.
Bareilly College Highlights
|Courses offered||UG & PG|
|Basic admission criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
Bareilly College Courses
The institute offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate & Professional courses in various disciplines:
|Department||Undergraduate Courses||Postgraduate Courses|
-BA (Computer Applications)
-BA (Drawing & Painting)
-BA (English Literature)
-BA (Environmental Science)
-BA (Functional Hindi)
-BA (Functional Sanskrit)
-BA (General English)
-BA (Hindi Language)
-BA (Hindi Literature)
-BA (Home Science)
-BA (Music) -BA (Persian)
-BA (Political Science)
-BA (Sports & Physical Education)
-BA (Military Studies)
-MA (Home Science)
-MA (Political Science)
-MA (Military Studies)
-MA (Drawing & Painting)
|Science||-B.Sc. (Computer Applications)
-B.Sc. (Environmental Science)
-B.Sc. (Military Studies)
-B.Sc.( Sports & Physical Education)
-M.Sc. (Environmental Science)
-M.Sc. (Military Studies)
|Commerce||-B.Com -B.Com (Hons)||-M.Com|
- Diploma in Photography
- Diploma in Sculpture
- Diploma in Text Designing
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Interior Designing
PG Diploma Courses:
- PG Diploma in Computer Applications
- PG Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management
- PG Diploma in Office Management
- PG Diploma in Environment Management
- PG Diploma in Biotechnology
- PG Diploma in JMC
- PG Diploma in Modern Arabic
Read more: Bareilly College Courses & Fees
Bareilly College Admissions
Diploma & PG Diploma Admission: For Diploma courses, candidates need to pass the 10th exam with 45% marks whereas, for PG Diploma courses, graduation with 45% marks is the basic requirement. Final selection is done based on marks in the qualifying exam
UG Admission: For all the UG courses (Except B.Ed. & LLB), 10+2 with 45% marks is the basic requirement. Admission is granted based on marks in the qualifying exam
For B.Ed. & LLB, candidates must have done Graduation with 45% marks. Admission is granted on the basis of entrance exam conducted by the university.
PG Admission: Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline with 45% marks is the basic requirement to be eligible for the PG courses. Admission is done based on the scores secured in the entrance exam conducted by university followed by merit in the qualifying exam.
How to apply?
- Collect the form of application from the college office.
- Candidates can also download it from the official website of the college.
- Pay the fee of INR 150 which can be paid online or through Demand Draft.
- Send the filled form to the admission office of the college.
- The merit list will be displayed with the names of selected candidates on the official website.
- Selected candidates need to visit the college for physical counselling on a prescribed date and time along with the required documents and application form.
Read more: Bareilly College Admission
Bareilly College Placements
The college has a special placement cell for career counseling of students. This cell provides students with the required information for the different jobs as well as organizes campus interviews for the selection of the candidates. The average salary package is INR 1.5 LPA. Some of the top recruiting companies are as follows:
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
Read more: Bareilly College Placements
Bareilly College Facilities
- Common rooms: The College offers common rooms for students to access during leisure time. The common rooms have various newspapers and magazines.
- Sports facilities: There is a gymnasium for students. Along with this, there are large playgrounds for Hockey, Football, Badminton, Volleyball, and other games.
- Library: The College has a modern central library equipped with audio-visual aids. The library has a large collection of books, a good number of magazines and 450 periodicals for research.
- Other Facilities:
- Swimming Pool
Read more: Bareilly College Hostel
Bareilly College FAQs
Ques. How much education gap is allowed for admission in UG courses?
Ans. Candidates must not have an education gap of more than 3 years at the time of taking the admission
Ques. Is there any relaxation in marks for SC/ST?
Ans. Yes, there is 5% relaxation in marks
Ques. Does the college offer an MBA program?
Ans. No, MBA course is not available in this college
Ques. Is there any subject requirement for admission to the BCA course?
Ans. Candidates must have studied mathematics at the intermediate level for admission to BCA
Ques. How are the faculties of this college?
Ans. The faculties of every department are highly qualified, dedicated and committed to provide excellent education and also help the students in every possible way