A.V.S. College of Arts & Science is a trustee college affiliated to Periyar University. The college offers various courses in the field of Art, Science, Commerce, Business Administration and Computer Application. It is a self-financing co-educational arts and science college.
- The college is ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution. The college is also approved by AICTE.
- The college provides a unique learning environment with all basic amenities through mutual love and respect, and the efficiency to cater the needs of the student community.
- The prime aim is to produce graduates through enriched learning, academic brilliance, professional training and enabling corporate exposure.
- Placement cell is available to help the students in matters regarding placement.
- The college is situated at Ramalingapuram 12 km away from Salem on the Salem – Attur district road.
Extracurricular: When it comes to extracurricular activities, the students take active participation in these activities. There are various groups in college which are involved in several activities. Some of the groups are-
- Consumer Club
- Feminine Federation Club
- Literacy Missions
- It has 3 well stocked Libraries with 45,000 volumes of books, National and International Journals, Magazines, Audios & videos.The library receives several magazines on a weekly basis
- The labs are well furnished with modern equipments
- Training by professionals on soft skills, Aptitude, Personality development, Interview techniques and technical skills like C, C++, Java, .Net etc.
- International, National and State Level Seminars and Symposiums
- Intensive Training by Experts on Personality Development, Communicative skills, Group Discussion etc.
Festivals/Events: The following events are celebrated-
- Freshers Day
- Friendship day
- New year
- Albatross (College Day)
- Futtakka (Game Show)
- Women’s Day
- Fare well
Achievements: The following achievements have been received recently-
- Two “Budding Innovators” awards received from Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Former President of India.
- Best service State award received from H.E. Dr. K. Rosaiah, Governor of Tamil Nadu, President of St. John Ambulance (India), Tamil Nadu state.
- The Institution is taking tremendous steps to place the students in esteemed industries and companies.