Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College, also known as Rastraguru Surendranath College, is a general degree college in Barrackpore. Established in 1953, the college is affiliated to West Bengal State University. The college is accredited with “A” grade by NAAC. It offers undergraduate courses in arts, commerce, and sciences. To cater to the need of the society and to increase higher education in the state, the college has started Post Graduate courses under Distance Learning Mode.
Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College Courses
To match the standards of the technologically advanced world, the college aims to equip the students with the best teaching methodology. Following are the courses offered by the college:
- UG: B.Sc, B.Com, BA and BBA
- PG: M.Sc, MA, M.Com
Click here BRSC College Courses
Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College Facilities
The college has a lush green and eco-friendly campus with adequate facilities for students. It aims to achieve world-class status. Following are some of the facilities that the college provides:
- Library: BRSN has a computerized library with almost 50,000 printed documents and 41 regular journals. The college is also a member of the National Library and Information Services where the students can access 6300+ e-journals and 1,00,000 e-books.
- Mentor-Mentee System: As a part of the regular monitoring of the students’ problem and resolving, the college runs the mentor-mentee system. A teacher is made available to a group of students and regular meetings are organized.
- Remedial & Counseling Classes: For academically weak students, remedial classes are organized in the college. The teachers take care of the students individually and make them understand the portion that they did not understand in classrooms.
- Laboratories: College provides well-equipped laboratories for different lab-based departments: Computer Science; Electronics; Physics; Microbiology; Zoology; Mathematics; Mass Communication and many more.
- Digital Classrooms: To expedite the curriculum, the college has arranged a good number of digital classrooms in both the campus. The Digital room has an LCD projector, Internet connectivity, Computer, Laptop and arrangement for the visual exhibition of hard copies. The college has a plan to connect these rooms through Wi-Fi connectivity
- Medical Facilities: There is a healthcare facility for the students on the campus. Students are entitled to receive services from Barrackpore unit and central unit of the Students’ Health Home.
- Auditorium: The auditorium is well equipped with sound system and LCD projector. Regular Programmes like (annual conference, career fair) are being held at this auditorium.
Check here Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath Courses
Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College Placements
In keeping with its growing reputation, the college has become a favored destination for some of the most high-profile names in the corporate world and has been regularly conducting campus interviews. BRSC runs a well-organized placement cell which helps in organizing campus recruitment programs. Various offers have been made from IT, ITES, pharmaceutical, financial and insurance companies.
Know more BRSC College Placements
Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College Achievements
The college has become Centre of Excellence and an institution of national acclaim with the following achievements:
- Awarded “Colleges with Potential for Excellence” by UGC
- Ranked 6th in All India by Grand Jury Award for IT Integration by Educational World
- Consultant Institution of Nadia Zila Parisad
- Ranked 4th in Kolkata by Educational World
Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College Scholarships
- Jayanta Chowdhury Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship of Rs. 2000
- Maitri Sangha Janakalyan Ashram- An annual scholarship of Rs. 2,000 (approx).
- Teachers’ Council provides six stipends to the poor and meritorious students.
- Stipends are awarded to eligible students such as Hindi Scholarship, National loan scholarship, National scholarship and stipend for the physically challenged.
- The Govt. of India also awards a few scholarships to students belonging to SC, ST, and OBC.
- Nearly 10% of the students are given financial assistance from the students’ Aid Fund yearly. The selection is made on the basis of merit, financial status, and attendance.
- Eleven Stipends are provided by the Alumni members of the college.
- State Government is providing the scholarship for both UG & PG students who scored more than 75% & 55% respectively in the previous final examination.