Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development, Mysuru, Karnataka is also known as V-Lead was established in 2002 and is an international research and training organization. The college offers a Master’s degree i.e MA in Development Management. Admissions are done on the basis of admission rules framed by the college and on the basis of the merit of the students in the qualifying exam. Candidates can apply online from the official website of the college.
Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development Highlights
The Institute offers a full-time Master of Arts program in Development Management, the details are tabulated below:
|Established | Institute Type||2002 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Mysore|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Auditorium, Sports, Lab, etc|
Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development Courses
|MA||Specializations: Development Management
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation Selection Criteria: Merit and as per college rules
Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development Admission
Candidates have to visit the official website of the university and have to register as a new user and fill the application form. Admission to the programs will be based on the marks secured in the previous examination merit and college rules.
How to Apply?
- Visit the college office and college application form.
- Fill the form and attach the relevant documents.
- Pay the fee and submit the form.
Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development Scholarship
- Eligible students are getting Scholarships from the Social Welfare Board.
- Students are also assisted by the Institution in obtaining Bank Loans.
- Canara Bank, under their CSR initiative, has sponsored five MDM students (Canara Bank Scholars) to pursue the course, whereas SVYM also facilitates students with scholarships.
Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development Facilities
- Hostel: The Institute provides a well-furnished hostel facility to candidates coming outstation areas in which Students will be allowed. There are separate hostels for Boys and Girls.
- Library: The college library is well equipped with a great collection of books, dissertations, reference books, magazines.
- Other Facilities: Canteen, Medical, Classroom, PlayGround, Auditorium
Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development FAQs
Ques. How is Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development faculty?
Ans. The faculty members at V-LEAD are academicians and research professionals with vast knowledge and experience in the development sector. The Institution has on roll 24 faculty members drawn from various departments & Institutions of SVYM who serve as full-time/part-time faculty along with the Director, V-LEAD.
Ques. Can the course fee be paid in installments per year at Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development?
Ans. The College has provided an option to pay the fee for every year during its beginning as per the college fee structure or university norms.
Ques. Does Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development offer Placement?
Ans. Campus placement at V-LEAD is largely managed by a body of students with each outgoing batch electing its own Recruitment Co-ordination Committee. A blend of social work, management component, and the integrated fieldwork component within the course has enabled students to get adequate exposure and ample placement opportunities in the social sector
Ques. Are there any extracurricular activities in Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development?
Ans. College also organizes Community Based programs in different sectors like Health, Education, Social Empowerment, and Campaign. The approach of the health program is to follow up with all the registered pregnant women and their exposed babies until the babies reach 18 months of age, to shield them from HIV.
Ques. What are the documents required for admission at Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development?
Ans. Following documents are required at the time of admission:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Scanned copy of the signature
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Graduation Certificate
- Date of Birth Proof
- Aadhaar Card