Wilson College, Mumbai is one of the oldest colleges in the country with a Grade III heritage status. It was set up in 1832 at Mumbai’s Girgaum Chowpatty by John Adams in a domestic Victorian Gothic style. The institute has been affiliated to the University of Mumbai since the last 25 years. It was awarded an A rating by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2005.
Wilson College offers a variety of courses in the undergraduate level, which include University Aided courses for the Arts and the Sciences as well as self-financed courses such as Mass Media, Information Technology, Management Studies, Biotechnology and Computer Science. The intake details for each course can be found in the University of Mumbai website. Wilson College also has higher secondary level programs for eligible students.
- Candidates must register with the University of Maharashtra before applying at the institute level.
- The application fee can be paid via online payment modes such as credit/ debit card, net-banking etc.
- A pass is 10+2 or equivalent exam is essential for admission to any of the courses offered by Wilson College.
- B.Sc. candidates must have PCM/B at 10+2 level. Mathematics at 10+2 is compulsory for B.Sc. Candidates are selected on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2 qualifying exam.
- Seats are reserved as per norms set by the University of Mumbai.
Check Fee Structure of Wilson College
|Name of the University||Wilson College|
|University Type||Government Aided|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit|
|Last Date to Apply||Ongoing|
Wilson College Admission Schedule 2019 (Apply Now)
|Sale of Form for Undergraduate (UG) Courses||May 31, 2019 to June 15, 2019|
|Open Online Link and Submission of Online Pre-Admission Enrolment Form||June 1, 2019 to June 16, 2019|
|Submission of Filled Application with Pre-Admission Enrollment Form||June 16, 2019 to June 22, 2019|
|Date of Commencement of Online Registration||May 15, 2019|
Wilson College UG Admissions 2019
Wilson College, Mumbai, offers undergraduate level degree courses to eligible candidates in the disciplines of Arts, Commerce, Science, Mass Media and Management Studies. The institute conducts a B.Com course, a BA program in Psychology including a pass course, a Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) program, a Bachelor degree in Management Studies (BMS), and up to nine B.Sc. programs. The B.Sc. specializations include Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics, Zoology and Information Technology. Candidates applying for the aforesaid programs must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board in order to be eligible. Selection of candidates is done strictly on the basis of merit.
Aspiring candidates can apply to courses offered by Wilson College by visiting the University of Mumbai website and filling the online registration form. The candidates are also required to fill the admission form for Wilson College separately. The admission fee must be paid in full at the time of institute-level admission. The process of application is the same for all courses offered by Wilson College.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|B.Com.||Finance & Accounting||10+2/ PUC/ equivalent exam from a recognized board||Merit|
Wilson College Application Process 2019
The application process for admission to degree courses offered by Wilson College is as per University of Mumbai guidelines. Prospective candidates can register online through the University of Mumbai website by visiting mum.digitaluniversity.ac. The detailed process of application if as follows:
- Candidates must navigate to the online application page and create a Username and Password by hitting the “Register” button.
- All requisite particulars in the registration form must be filled correctly. The information entered must be in accordance with the details available in the XII std. mark-sheet.
- The applicant must choose Wilson College as the preferred choice of college in the registration form.
- After online submission of the application form, the candidate must take printouts of the Submission Copy and the Student Copy. The submission copy has to be attached to the admission from of Wilson College, and the Student Copy must be retained by the candidate for future correspondence.
- The admission form for Wilson College can be obtained by contacting the institute via post or in person. The candidate is required to enter valid phone number and email address for communication purpose.
- Candidates from outside-Maharashtra Boards will have to fill in provisional eligibility form in the institute office before payment of fees.
- Photocopies of 10th & 12th standard mark-sheets
- Photocopy of Christian Minority status (as applicable)
- Photocopy of Reserved Category status (if applicable)
- Submission Copy of registration with University of Mumbai
- 10th & 12th std. school leaving & passing certificates
- Migration Certificate (for students other than MH State Board)
- Transfer Certificate
- Any other document deemed necessary
Wilson College Reservation Criteria
The institute offers seat reservation as per the following seat matrix.
|Category||Reservation (in percentage)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||13|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7|
|De-notified Tribe (DT)||3|
|Nomadic Tribe-1 (NT-1)||2.5|
|Nomadic Tribe-2 (NT-2)||3.5|
|Nomadic Tribe-3 (NT-3)||2|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||19|
|Special Backward Class (SBC)||2|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||3|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College