Behala College, Kolkata is an art and science college established in the year 1963. It is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. The college has re-accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC and is recognized by UGC. Presently, the college is running General and Honors programs in Science and Humanities disciplines at the UG & PG level. It has excellent facilities for a better learning environment of students.
|Established | Institute Type||1963 | Government Aided|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
Following are the courses offered by the college, under various specializations and levels:
|B.A (General)||Defence Studies, Physical Ed., Environmental Science||10+2 with 50% aggregate marks & 45% in the subject|
|BA (Hons.)||Bengali, English, History, Sanskrit, Journalism & Mass Com., Pol. Science, Philosophy, Education|
|B.Sc. (General)||Statistics, Botany|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Zoology, Computer Science, Geography, Environment Science, Economics, Electronics, Food & Nutrition|
|M.Sc.||Chemistry, Mathematics||Bachelor degree in the relevant subject with 50% marks|
Read more Behala College Courses and Fees
Candidates can apply online using the admission portal. Candidates applying for BA English and BA Bengali must appear for an entrance test. Admissions to all other UG courses are done based on merit in the 10+2 examination.
The selection of candidates for PG courses is on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam conducted by the institute.
How to Apply?
Read more:Behala College Admission
There is an official placement and training cell at this College. The cell encourages the students to take part in training programs, group discussions, aptitude tests, to achieve maximum possible placements for students.
There are also training programs within the campus for soft skills development to make the students ready-to-job professionals. Apart from improving the technical skills of students, the college also focuses on the personality development of students.
Different companies take part in the campus recruitment drive. Some of the recruiters are TCS, ICICI Prudential, Wipro, Bandhan Bank, JIO, Reliance and many more
Read moreBehala College Placements
The College offers various facilities to students like the following.
Ques. Can I apply offline for admission?
Ans. The college accepts only online applications through their official website. There are no other means of application
Ques. Does the Behala College provide accommodation facilities?
Ans. No, there are no hostels for students
Ques. Are there any scholarships for students?
Ans. The college provides financial aid to meritorious and economically weaker students. There are also government scholarships for SC/ST/OBC and Minority category students.
Ques. Are any seats reserved for state students?
Ans. 60% of the seats in postgraduate are reserved for CU students and the rest 40% are reserved for students from the non-CU background.
Ques. Is there any special course for weaker students?
Ans. Yes, there are remedial courses provided beyond regular college hours for students with weaker academic performance. The campus is kept under strict CCTV guidance at all times to maintain the moral code of conduct. Several newly installed smart classrooms are also available.