Thakur College of Engineering and Technology was founded in 2001 in Mumbai. The Institute offers 6 UG, 3 PG, and Ph.D. (Technology) programs, these include B.E., M.E., and Ph.D. Admission to the courses are conducted on the basis of both Merit and Entrance. Applicants to the B.E. course must have a valid CET score, while M.E. admission will consider the GATE score. TCET bagged the 193rd position in the NIRF ranking of 2019.
Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology Highlights 2020
|Established in||2001- 2002|
|Recognized by||AICTE, Government of Maharashtra|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Application Criterion||Entrance based / Merit-based|
|Entrance Exam||M.Tech - GATE, B.Tech - CET|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, IBM, Zycus, Infosys, Accenture, Byjus|
Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology Ranking
|Body / Magazine||Rank||Year|
Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology Courses Offered
|B.E.||Specializations: Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering.
Eligibility: Physics and Mathematics as compulsory along with Chemistry or Biotechnology, Biology or Technical Vocational subjects or Diploma in Engineering and Technology with 50% marks
Duration: 4 years
|M.E.||Specializations: Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Eligibility: Graduation in the concerned subject or Pharmacy, Architecture from AICTE at least 50% Marks and GATE
Duration: 2 years
|Ph.D.||Specializations: Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Eligibility: Teacher with 2 years’ experience in Degree College or 5 years in junior college
Read More: TCET Courses & Fees
Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology Fees Structure
|Bachelor of Engineering||1,46,326|
|Masters of Engineering||1,52,445|
Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology Admission
- The admission to the UG course offering by TCET is based on scores obtained in MHT-CET conducted by Maharashtra DTE.
- Preference will give to JEE Main score holders.
- Aspirants must clear 10+2 from the authorized exam board. Personal Interview is also conducted.
- A valid score in GATE is a must for the admission of M.Tech.
- Those who cleared the graduation in concerned subjects can apply for PG. The final selection will be depended upon the performance in HD and PI.
- Admission to doctoral programs is based on merit score which is followed by a college-level interview.
How to apply?
The application process to UG and PG is the same:
- Collect the prospectus from the college by paying application fees
- Fill in the required details.
- Submit the form on time.
- Make sure that the following documents are attached while submitting:
- Scorecard of 10th and 10+2
- Graduation certificate [for M.Tech only]
- Nationality Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Aadhar copy
- Score Card of MHT-CET and GATE
- Anti-Ragging Certificate issued by AICTE
- Passport size Photographs
Read More: TCET Admissions
Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology Placement
TCET is guarantees good Placement for students. The institute is visited by major companies like Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Accenture, i-Gate, and Tech Mahindra. Most of the eligible students are placed through the institute itself. More than 90 companies are visiting for campus recruitment. Around 320 students get placed in 2019 and 368 in 2018 respectively.
Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology Faculty
TCET is offering the faculty development program to faculties according to the new techniques. The courses to faculties enhancing the teaching ability of each. They are helping the students to up bring their talents and molding future engineers.
The details of faculties are as given:
- Professor: 12
- Adjunct Professor: 2
- Associate Professor: 13
- Incumbent Professor: 4
- Assistant Professor: 105
Thakur College Of Engineering And Technology Facilities
- Library: Central Library of TCET is offering a wide resource of books. Textbooks, Reference books, Magazine, Journals, etc. It contains a general reading room and faculty reading room.
- Lab: A well-equipped and highly maintained lab for students.
- Physician: A general physician is available at TCET on Tuesday and Friday. The registration facility is available to consult the doctor.
- Counselor: A professional counselor available at TCET on Thursday from 9:30 am to 11:30 pm.
- Extra-curricular activities: NSS, Women Empowerment Cell, Youth Empowerment, Zephyr 13, IC – The Future Project Exhibition, WEBZINE, EZINE competition for students, Wakopedia Seminar, etc.
Ques. Are there any new courses started in TCET?
Ans.Yes, TCET has started a new course in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Internet of Things.
Ques. What are the documents required during the application at TCET?
Ans. Scorecard of 10th and 10+2, Graduation certificate [for M.Tech only], Nationality Certificate, Transfer Certificate, Physical Fitness Certificate, Domicile Certificate, Migration Certificate, Aadhar copy, Score Card of MHT-CET and GATE, Anti-Ragging Certificate issued by AICTE, Passport size Photographs.
Ques. What is the highest salary package offered by companies?
Ans. The institution is visited by so many recruiters in every year. The highest salary package was ten lakhs and most of the students are placed from the college itself.
Ques. Is there any international placement in TCET?
Ans. Yes, abroad companies like Microsoft, USA, and Japan-based Company Works Application also visited the institution for recruiting the students. Few of the alumni are working in these companies.
Ques. What are the important training activities offered by TCET?
Ans. Student development program, Pre placed training, Industry oriented training, Corporate training, Internship or OutHouse project and Industry oriented workshop. These kinds of trainings will help in the growth of a TCET student to place easily.