Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) is one of the fine concepts of providing education to students who are unable to get an education on regular purposes. DDE is affiliated to Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU)which is situated in Rohtak, Haryana. The institute is affiliated to National Council of Technical Education and Distance Education Bureau (DEB).
DDE offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Students Support Services Camps (SSSCs) is specially designed for distance learners. These services are not only for solving the learner’s problems but it also improves personality, inculcating soft-skills, and provides career counseling. The department of Distance Education follows an online application mode and admissions are purely done on the basis of merit scored in higher secondary examinations or graduation.
MDU Distance Education Admissions
Listed below is the step-wise application procedure that must be followed while applying for the courses:
Step 1: Visit the website of Maharishi Dayanand University and register yourself first. After registration, you will receive a number and password.
Step 2: Log in to the application portal with the credentials provided to you in the previous step.
Step 3: Fill up all the necessary details including personal details, academic qualifications, program desired, required documents and images.
Step 4: Click on “Make Payment Button” to get a print of Challan.
Step 5: Pay your program fee with challan in any branch of PNB or Axis Bank.
Step 6: After payment, you will receive a new password through SMS or email. Login into “Student Portal” with the new password.
Step 7: Click on Registration & Module Booking link on the left side of the screen. Select subjects and get a print copy of Application Form. Submit the copy in the office of Directorate of Distance Education, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
Instructions for Online Admission
Before applying for admission, you must have the following:
- Information Brochure
- Scanned copy of their Photograph and Signature
- Necessary documents like Matriculation, Senior Secondary, Degree
Candidates can pay the fee through e-challan at any branch of Punjab National bank or Axis bank. Apart from this, a printed application form with necessary documents should be submitted in the Directorate as per admission notification.
Check MDU Distance Education Admissions 2019
DDE MDU Courses and Eligibility
For admission in UG courses, the candidate must have completed 12th or diploma in any field with English as a compulsory subject.
Post Graduate Courses
PG courses such as M.Ain Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Political Science, Public Administration and Economics, M.Sc. in Mathematics and M.Com. is present in DDE of Maharishi Dayanand University.
For this, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in the respective field from Maharishi Dayanand University or any other recognized university.
MDU Distance Education Fee Structure
Mentioned below are the details regarding the fee structure of various courses:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – INR 6000 for General and INR 3750 for SC/ST/OBC/University employees/wards/spouse
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) – INR 6500 for General and INR 4250 for SC/ST/OBC/University employees/wards/spouse
- Masters of Arts (MA) – INR 7000 for General and INR 4250 for SC/ST/OBC/University employees/wards/spouse
- Master of Science (M.Sc) – INR 8000 for General and INR 4750 for SC/ST/OBC/University employees/wards/spouse
- Master of Commerce (M.Com) – INR 8000 for General and INR 4750 for SC/ST/OBC/University employees/wards/spouse
50% concession in total fee payable (except other charges) will be admissible to the following categories of students:
- Maharshi Dayanand University employee or his/her Ward/Spouse
- Working defense personnel up to the level of JCO who do not get any scholarship or fee concession and/or any financial assistance from their employer
- Scheduled Castes/Tribes of Haryana only on production of the required certificate
Check DDE MDU Fees
MDU Distance Education Facilities
Students Support Services Camps (SSSCs): Its service is specially designed for distance learners. These services are not only for solving the learner’s problems or interactive counseling, but it also improves personality, inculcating soft-skills, guidance & community education, and career counseling.
Grievances Redressal School: If students are facing any problem regarding curriculum or any other query towards the Distance Education Program, they can contact any official or officer in working hours.