Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences was established in the year of 2003. The institution is situated in the campus of Pariyaram Medical College. The college offers full time B.Pharma and M.Pharm courses. Admission to its courses are based on the candidates performance in the KEAM examination. To be eligible for admissions to its B.Pharm courses a candidate should have passed 10+2 from a recognised board with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology/ Mathematics/ Biotechnology/Computer Science, for the M.Pharm courses candidate should have passed B.Pharm examination of Kerala University of Health Sciences or an equivalent examination of any other university recognised by KUHS with at least 55% marks.
The college also has a dedicated placement cell. Some of the top healthcare companies like Ranbaxy, Zydus cadila, Ipca, etc have been in touch with college for recruiting students.
Read More: Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Reviews
Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Highlights
|Established | Type||2003 | Private|
|Affiliation||Kerala University of Health Sciences|
|Accreditations||All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)|
|Courses Offered||B.Pharm, M.Pharm|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Accepted Test Score||KEAM|
|Top Recruiters||Ranbaxy, Zydus cadila|
|Facilities Available||Library, Sports, Hostel, Canteen|
Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Courses
|B.Pharm||Eligibility: Candidate should have passed 10+2 from a recognised board with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology/ Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science.
Duration: 4 years
Seats : 40
|M.Pharm||Eligibility: Candidate should have passed B.Pharm examination of Kerala University of Health Sciences or an equivalent examination of any other university recognised by KUHS with at least 55% marks.
Duration: 2 years
Seats : 10
Read More: Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Fees
Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Admissions
Admission to its B.Pharma and M.Pharm courses are based on the candidate’s performance in the KEAM examination.
- The institute follows an offline mode of application procedure.
- Candidates have to visit the college and collect the application form by paying a nominal fee.
- Candidates need to fill the form and submit it again to the college authorities.
- On the basis of their marks in the last qualifying examination, a merit list will be prepared by the institute.
Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Placements
The college has its own Placement Cell which monitors and co-operates with many renowned companies to generate placement and internship opportunities for the students. Many top companies have approached college for the campus placement and internship drive. The college provides every opportunity to its students to acquire required skills. Students are trained at the largest pharmacy hospital of Kerala, Pariyaram Medical College & Hospital, along with its well- experienced clinical pharmacy department.
Topmost companies associated with healthcare are:
Read More: Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Placement
Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Facilities
- Library- The college has a library with huge numbers of essential books, journals, periodicals and research papers. The college is also associated with the Central Library of Academy of Medical Sciences which is one of the best medical college libraries in Kerala.
- Seminar & Workshops- Guest lectures and workshops related to medical sciences, personality development & communication skills are regularly held by Academy of Medical Sciences. These programmes give opportunity to students to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Cyber Centre- This Centre helps students to familiarise with computers and technology, it also provides courses in programming to students. This Cyber Centre also provides high speed Internet access to students at affordable rates.
- Laboratories- The college has spacious Laboratorios equipped with modern instruments. The college also has an animal house which caters all the animal requirements for all the coursework and research activities.
- Sports- The college has a huge sports complex spread over an area of 36,000 sq. meters with the facilities for football, volleyball, basketball, tennis and cricket at the same time. An athletic track of 8 lines is also available for students.
- Hostel- The college has a hostel which is in close proximity with college, hospital and playground. There are separate hostels for male and female. The hostel also has a mess with a seating capacity of 300.
Read More: Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Hostel
Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty FAQs
Ques. Where is the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences located?
Ans. The college is located in Government MC Kannur Campus Rd, Pariyaram, Kerala 670503
Ques. What documents are required to be submitted at the admission in the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences?
Ans. Candidates should keep the following documents handy at the time of admission:
- 10+2 Marks card
- UG Marks card (For PG courses)
- ID Proof (Aadhar/Pan Card/Birth Certificate/Driving License)
- Domicile Certificate
- Transfer/Migration Certificate
Ques. Does the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences provide scholarship opportunities to the students?
Ans. No, the college doesn’t provide any scholarship opportunities to the students, students can however opt for many governments sponsored scholarships.
Ques. What are the scopes after pursuing B.Pharm?
Ans. Students can opt for various job profiles after pursuing B.Pharma, such as:
- Community Pharmacist
- Drug Inspector
- Quality Control Associate
- Medical Representative
- Clinical Research Associate.
Students can also opt for higher studies such as M.Pharm, after the completion of a Pharmacy degree.
Ques. How good are the faculties of the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences?
Ans. The college has 34 faculty members. All the faculty members are well-qualified and majority of them hold M.Pharm. Two of the faculty members hold Ph.D., one in pharmaceutics and other in pharmacognosy. One of the faculties also holds MBA in Industrial Pharmaceutical Management.