Government College Mananthavady, Wayanad was established in the year 1981 in the state of Kerala. It is affiliated with Kannur University and accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It is a government college that offers one of the finest graduation and post-graduation courses for arts, commerce, and science in the state of Kerala.
The college has a well-structured campus, facilitating all the necessary amenities and infrastructure. Admissions to the college are done on the basis of merit. Candidates can fill the application form for the desired course through offline mode.
Government College Mananthavady Highlights
|Established/ Type||1981/ Public|
|Affiliated to||Kannur University|
|Courses||UG and PG|
|Facilities||Labs, Library, Hostel, Cafeteria|
Government College Mananthavady Courses
The Government College Mananthavady offers 5 different courses at both undergraduate as well as postgraduate level. The details of the courses offered at Government College Mananthavady is given below.
|B.Com.||Finance||Duration: 3 year
|B. A||English with World History & Philosophy||Duration: 3 year
|Development Economics with Foreign Trade & Econometrics|
|B.Sc.||Electronics with Physics||Duration: 3 yea
|M.Com||Finance||Duration: 2 year
|M.A.||Developmental Economics||Duration: 2 year
Government College Mananthavady Admission Guidelines
Admissions at Government College Mananthavady are done purely on the basis of merit. Applications for admission are accepted only through offline mode. As such candidates who want to apply for the admission need to personally visit the campus.
How to apply?
To apply for admission at Government College Mananthavady, follow the given steps.
- Visit the college campus
- Take an application form from the admission department
- Fill the application form as required
- Submit the application form along with the requisite documents and fee
Applicants should note that the admission procedure and rules can be changed any time without notice as per the convenience of the University and College.
Government College Mananthavady Facilities
Govt. College Mananthavady has a good mix of modern infrastructure and facilities along with a rich green eco-friendly campus available for students. The students at the college enjoy the following facilities.
- Classroom: The college has air-conditioned classrooms which are well equipped with modern equipment such as LCD projectors and audio systems.
- EDUSAT: The college has an EDUSAT facility. EDUSAT is the first Indian satellite built exclusively for the educational sector. It was built to support an interactive satellite-based distance education system in the country.
- Auditorium: Well structured and spacious auditoriums for academic and cultural events.
- Library: The college has a well-equipped library with academic books to help the students pursue their studies.
- Labs: There are digital language labs for developing communication skills, electronics lab, and physics labs with advanced instruments.
- Computer Centers: Hi-tech computer labs available with projectors.
- Conference Hall: The college has a well designed and spacious conference hall on the campus.
- Full Wi-Fi campus: There is a pan 24*7 Wi-Fi availability on the campus to make students avail of all the necessary academic contents.
- Hostel: The college also has a hostel for both boys and girls.
- Transportations: Well-connected and convenient transport facilities for students living nearby at a very affordable price.
- Cafeteria: Spacious and well-capacitated canteen/mess for students, which provides hygienic food at a minimal price.
Government College Mananthavady Faculty
The college has a good mix of teachers and academic experts. Most of the faculty is well experienced and is very approachable. Guest lecturers also visit the college frequently and provide the students with an extra edge.
A total of 36 faculty members teach the courses headed by Prof. Beena Sadasivan who is also the Principal of the institution.
- Assistant Professors: 26
- Guest Assistant Professors: 8
Read More: Govt. College Mananthavady, Wayanad Faculty
Government College Mananthavady Scholarships
The college provides scholarships and fee reduction programs like the Scholar support program (SSP) to aid financially backward students and students who show spectacular academic performances.
Some of the scholarships are also given to students who have a good academic background in their higher secondary education along with a good entrance score. Special scholarships are also given to students depending upon the caste category of the students. In total, the college provides 8 scholarship schemes which are mentioned below:
- Higher Education Scholarship
- Central sector scholarship
- Suvarna jubilee merit scholarship
- Post matric Scholarship
- State merit scholarship
- Muslim Girls scholarship
- Blind/PH scholarship
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. Does Government College Mananthavady provide reservations?
Ans. Yes, the college has provisions of reservation for backward classes. The reservation for different sections is as given below.
|SI. No||Category||Percentage of reservation|
|A||SC/ST||20 (5 for SC, 15 for ST)|
|C||Forward caste BPL||10|
|E||Sports quota||1 seat|
|F||The quota for students from Lakshadweep||1 seat|
Ques. What is the faculty to student ratio at Government College Mananthavady?
Ans. Government College Mananthavady has a student strength of 507 students and a faculty strength of 36 professors. Thus the faculty to student ratio is 1: 14, which is very good and ensures proper attention to all students.
Ques. What steps are taken by Government College Mananthavady for providing placements to studentsHow are the placements at?
Ans. Government College Mananthavady has a career guidance and placement cell which started functioning in 2010. It acts as a centre for identifying jobs in different sectors. The college makes sure that the students apply for all government competitive exams and conduct career orientation seminars.
Ques. What is the annual fee of the courses offered by Government College Mananthavady?
Ans. The fee structure of Government College Mananthavady is given below.
Ques. Does Government College Mananthavady have an Anti Ragging cell?
Ans. Yes, Government College Mananthavady has a dedicated Anti-Ragging cell in the college. The cell makes sure that no ragging takes place on the college campus so that each and every student feels safe and secure at the college.