Karuna College of Pharmacy, Palakkad, Kerala was established in the year 2010, is a unit of the National Medical Educational Charitable Trust. The college is affiliated with the Kerala University of Health Sciences and is approved by AICTE and PCI. The two bachelor courses offered at this college are Bachelor of Pharmacy and Bachelor of Pharmacy Lateral Entry.
Candidates wanting to pursue the B.Pharm course at Karuna College of Pharmacy can do so by applying online at the KSSBCMA portal. The selection criterion for this university is on a merit-basis.
The Karuna College of Pharmacy campus is spread across an area of 5 acres. Students have access to facilities like classrooms with LCD projectors, central library, information center, fully equipped machine and instrumentation rooms, hostel facility for girls, outdoor gaming, and transportation facilities among others. Assistance is provided in securing scholarships like Merit-cum-Means, Minority, and Pragati.
Karuna College of Pharmacy, Palakkad Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2010 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated To||Kerala University of Health Sciences|
|Courses Offered||2 Courses across 1 stream|
|Popular Courses||B. Pharm|
|Campus Area||5 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Instrumentation & Machine Rooms|
Karuna College of Pharmacy, Palakkad Courses Offered
|B. Pharm||Duration: 4 years (8 Semesters) - 100 working days + 150 training hours
Eligibility: Passed English medium Higher Secondary Examination of Govt. of Kerala with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks. Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects. Biology/Mathematics as optional subjects.
|B. Pharm Lateral (Direct Admission to Second Year)||Duration: 3 years (6 Semesters) - 100 working days + 150 training hours
Eligibility: Passed the Diploma in Pharmacy Course of Educational Regulations under the Pharmacy Act of 1948 with a minimum 50% marks scored in the final year of examination. Candidates must have completed 500 hours of practical training with registered qualification with the Pharmacy Council of India.
Karuna College of Pharmacy, Palakkad Admission Process
- For B. Pharm degree, candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Examination of Govt. of Kerala in English medium, with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and either Biology or Mathematics. The candidate must have obtained an aggregate of 50% in the above-mentioned subjects.
- For B. Pharm Lateral (Direct Second Year Admission), candidates must have passed a Diploma in Pharmacy from an institution recognized by the Pharmacy Council of India with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and any of the optional subjects from Biology, Biotechnology, Mathematics or Computer Science, with a minimum of 50%. Candidates must have their qualification registered and also have completed 500 hours of practical training.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website
- Link for applying to B. Pharm course will be available on the homepage.
- Fill in required details, along with the column for Demand Draft number.
- A DD of Rs.1000/- needs to be paid to KSSBCMA.
Note: Online Application will only be considered if the original DD or online payment is submitted at the college in person.
Karuna College of Pharmacy, Palakkad Facilities
- Labs: Students and faculty have access to a range of devices like High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), colorimetry, potentiometry equipment, dissolution and disintegration apparatus, rotary tablet, and other required equipment.
- Library: Karuna College of Pharmacy has a well-stocked central library facility with a total of 4489 books and 20 national and international journals along with an Information Centre that has 20 computers. Students and faculty can also access resources through the National Digital Library, SWAYAM, and NPTEL.
- Hostel: This facility is available for girl students studying at Karuna College of Pharmacy. Girls are provided with spacious, well-ventilated rooms for their accommodation requirements.
Karuna College of Pharmacy, Palakkad Faculty
The faculty at Karuna College of Pharmacy is both qualified and experienced in terms of academic excellence and industrial and clinical practice. Dr. Krishnakumar K L is the Principal of Karuna College of Pharmacy, holds a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. All professors have an M. Pharm degree with some having a Ph.D. as well. Faculty details are as follows:
- Associate Professor: 2- Both having PhDs
- Assistant Professor: 14 - 1 Professor having a PhD
Read More: Karuna College of Pharmacy, Palakkad Faculty
Karuna College of Pharmacy, Palakkad FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure for the B.Pharm course at Karuna College of Pharmacy?
Ans. The year-wise fees for the B.Pharm course at Karuna College of Pharmacy is around 1 lakh INR. That fees is excluding expenses such as a hostel, transportation, examination fees, books, and uniform.
Ques. Where is the Karuna College of Pharmacy located?
Ans. Karuna College of Pharmacy is located at Iringuttoor a mere 5 km from Koottupatha, Pattambi. Being conveniently located on the Ponnani- Cheruthuruthi Road, the college is easily reachable by both roadways and railways from nearby towns such as Pattambi, and Shoranur.
Ques. What does the syllabus of the B.Pharm course at Karuna College of Pharmacy involve?
Ans. Students pursuing the B.Pharm course at Karuna College of Pharmacy are trained in different aspects of pharmacy, right from manufacturing, analysis, diagnosis, laws to the appropriate use of medicines. The different subjects covered are Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Drug Design and Discovery, Pharmacy law, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Microbiology, and Anatomy among others.
Ques. What are the different criteria to be fulfilled before applying for University exams from Karuna College of Pharmacy?
Ans. Students need to strictly adhere to the 80% attendance criteria along with ensuring they receive a minimum of 50% marks in Internal Assessment. Students will be allowed to attend University exams only in meeting these two conditions.
Ques. What are the extracurricular facilities available at Karuna College of Pharmacy?
Ans. Karuna College of Pharmacy holds Annual Sports Day and Annual Arts Day. Students can also participate in outdoor gaming activities like football, cricket, volleyball, and more.