School of Distance Education (SDE) of MGU commenced its activities in 1990. SDE aims to provide cost-effective quality education to the largest section of the population including those living in the remote areas.
- MG University SDE has 73 centers, 66 of them are in India and 7 in abroad.
- The Schools have tied-up with UGC, FIST, DRS, DST, ISRO, COSIST, CSIR, DAAD, STEC, ICMR, BARC, MOEF, ICCSR, ICHR and IED and taken up 70 Research Projects.
- Application fee of INR 500 is required to be paid through DD for centers located in India and US $50 for International centers.
- SDE offers various UG and PG programs in Arts, Science and Commerce and other programs in Law, Business Administration, Computer Application and Tourism Administration.
- A 10+2 pass is required for UG programs and a Bachelor’s degree for PG courses.
- Usually, all application forms can be obtained from the designated centers by producing a Bank Challan or Coupon.
- Duly filled application forms are required to be sent by post along with the copy of challan and self-attested documents.
- Selection is based on the marks scored in the SDE Entrance Examination conducted by the Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU).
- SC/ST students are exempted from the payment of exam fee for maximum 3 times within the period of 4 years from the day of their first appearance for the respective examination.
Note: Students will not be allowed to take admission in two courses at a time either in this University or outside except for Diploma/Certificate courses in German, Russian etc.
Check here MG University Admission
MG University, Kerala Admission Highlights:
|Name of the University||MG University, SDE|
|University Type||State University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Name of the Entrance||KMAT (for admission into Management courses)|