Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology (CCET), established in the year 2002, it is a private college under the administrative control of the UT Administration, Chandigarh and is affiliated to Panjab University (PU), Chandigarh for its degree courses, approved by AICTE and MHRD, Govt. of India and Punjab State Board of Technical Education for its Diploma courses.
- Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Chandigarh (CCET), formerly known as Central Polytechnic Chandigarh (CPC), (which offered Diploma Courses in Engineering).
- The college campus extends over an area of 46 acres (190,000 m2) of land situated close to Shivalik ranges and Sukhna Lake.
- The campus is divided into zones like administration blocks for Degree & Diploma stream, and hostels and residential complex for faculty & staff.
CCET Key Factors:
Type of College
Panjab University (PU), Chandigarh
AICTE, New Delhi
MHRD, Govt. of India
CCET Degree Wing,
Sector-26, Chandigarh – 160019,
Under CCET Admission 2020, the college offers numerous programs in various disciplines and its specializations such as B.Tech Course in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Communications Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering with an annual intake of 60 individuals to each specialization under many academic departments such as follows:
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Applied Science Engineering
There is Lateral Entry also available to the degree courses direct to the 2nd year of B.Tech in all specializations provided by the college so far through Panjab University Lateral Engineering Entrance Test (PULEET).
The eligibility criteria for the B.Tech Program are such as:
- 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- A valid qualifying score in JEE (MAIN).
CCET is approved research center of Panjab University, Chandigarh for PhD programs in the following specializations:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Check: CCET Fee Structures
Placement at CCET are organized and conducted by the Training and Placement Cell with the assistance of students and faculty. Arrangements for pre-placement talks and interactive sessions are made upon request. Some of the prime recruiter of the college which frequently visit the college placement sessions are such as Infosys, IFB, uTrade, Quark, Talwar & Talwar Consultants, SML Isuzu, Myntra, Clicklabs, Punj Lyod, Finxera, Sufi, L&T InfoTech, Dakin, Birla Soft, HCL, Godrej and many more like them. Click CCET Placements to know more in this genre.
- Library: Institute Library has a well-stocked Library with a collection of approximately 12079 books. Library is using software “ALICE FOR WINDOW.” Library has subscription of 13 newspapers in English, Hindi and Punjabi languages also library subscribed 18 magazines to keep the students and staff updated.
- Computer Facilities: The College has a consortium of well-equipped computational Labs, Computer Centre & six laboratories having more than 400 Pentium based computers. High-Speed Internet connection of 2 Mbps (1:1) via a leased line is
- Hostels: CCET campus provides hostels for both boys and girls with all home facilities along with table tennis room and badminton courts.
- Auditorium: CCET’s Auditorium forms an integral part of the college building. It is air-conditioned.
CCET provides many form of scholarship programs under various criteria to the students in the matter of providing a financial aid to the worthy and needy students. Some of the scholarships conditions provided by the college are such as follows:
- Merit Scholarships
- Government Necessitous Scholarships
- Chandigarh Union Territory Merit-cum-Means Scholarships
- Free Education for Meritorius Scheduled Castes and other Backward Classes students
- Merit-cum means based scholarship to minority Communities
CCET Technical Clubs:
- IT Club: The IT club is related to everything which is concerning Information and Technology.
- Compulect Club: The club is for CSE and EECE streams. Activities like Puzzle-O-mania and Scavengers Hunt.
- IETE (Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers): It is a student chapter which is actively participating by organizing various programs include Technical Paper Presentation, Declamation, Project Presentation etc.
- ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education): It is also a student chapter. The society is providing a sound background to all the students of college in both fields (Technical & Cultural).
Apratim – Techno Cultural Fest
It is the National Level Annual Techno-cultural fest. The fest includes literary, technical as well as cultural events.
CCET Students Clubs:
- Speaker’s Club
- Dance and Dramatics Club
- Fine Arts Club
- Music Club
- Editorial Club
- SAE Club