Rajalakshmi Engineering College [REC], Chennai accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC is an academic Engineering college. Having secured 8th Rank by Anna University, the college has signed over 15 MOU’s with various international universities for academic development. It is ranked 106th by NIRF among all engineering colleges in India. The institute is listed among the Top 5 Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Rajalakshmi Engineering College Highlights
|Affiliated to||Anna University|
|Courses||12 UG, 9 PG and 9 Research courses|
|Entrance Exams||JEE Mains, GATE, CAT, CET|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Rajalakshmi Engineering College Rankings
- Ranked 15th in the Data Quest Survey for Top 100 Technical Institutions in the country.
- Ranked 20th in the ‘Top 100 Engineering Colleges of India’ survey conducted by Higher Education Review Magazine.
- Ranked 6th amongst Engineering Colleges with Excellent Industry Exposure by Higher Education Review Magazine.
- Ranked in the Top 15% among all technical institutions in the NIRF released by MHRD, Government of India.
Rajalakshmi Engineering College Courses
REC offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering and management. The following table mentions the courses along with their eligibility and specialization.
|B.E./B.Tech.||Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Bio-Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science and Business Systems, Food Technology, Information Technology||50% - Gen, Passing- SC/ST in 10+2 (HSC). Along with TNEA Counselling.|
|B.Arch||Architecture||50% - Gen, Passing- SC/ST in 10+2 (HSC). Along with NATA|
|M.E./M.Tech.||Avionics, Computer Science & Engineering, Communication Systems, Embedded Systems, Engineering Design, Medical Electronics, Bio-Technology, Data Science||Applicant must have passed a degree course from Anna University/ Recognized by Anna University|
|MBA||-||Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution. Must also appear for TANCET Entrance Exam.|
|Ph.D.||Bio-Medical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bio-Technology, Information Technology, Chemistry, Mathematics||Master’s degree from a recognized university|
Rajalakshmi Engineering College Admissions
Following is the qualified exams mentioned in tabular form:
|Course||Exam Qualified||Click Here|
|B. Tech||CET by Tamil Nadu Government||Read More|
|B. Arch||NATA||Read More|
|M. Tech||GATE||Read More|
Rajalakshmi Engineering College contains a different application form for Indian and NRI (Foreign Resident).
- For Indian candidates: Indian candidates can apply online through the official website of Rajalakshmi Engineering College
- For NRI (Foreign Resident): Candidates belonging to Foreign country or not a resident in India are advised to apply by visiting the official website
- Candidates need to read and fill the form with common details along with passport details.
- The online application/examination fee is payable through Debit/Credit card/Net Banking and is non-refundable as well no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The candidate should fill in the online application form as per the detailed instructions given in the Prospectus. To download prospectus candidates can check the official website
- The candidate is required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements regarding filling the application form.
- The incomplete application form will be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained by the Institute in this regard.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct address, mobile number and Email ID is filled in the Application Form with other details.
- Candidate must not obtain or give or attempt to obtain or give irregular assistance of any kind during the examination; this will entail expulsion and cancellation of candidature for the examination
Rajalakshmi Engineering College Placement
REC Placement Cell partners with Wipro, Capgemini, TCS, Tech Mahindra, etc. Companies like Accenture, Airtel, Ashok Leyland, Ericsson, Ford, HCL and many others have recruited students. Some of the placement highlights of REC Chennai are as follows:
- Record of more than 90% placement
- Highest CTC of INR 9.5 LPA
- 12-25% of Students received double and triple offers from major recruiters like TCS, Amazon, Ashok Leyland, Rane and many more through the campus recruitment process.
Following graph shows a 3-year comparison of the number of students who got placed and the number of companies that visited the campus for recruitment:
Rajalakshmi Engineering College Facilities
REC provides all the facilities for the overall development of the students.
- Library: The College library is located in a spacious new building of 9000 Sq. ft. The library is open to students and staff members from 7.30 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. on all working days. The library has a rich collection of around 52,600 volumes of textbooks, reference books, national and international journals in all branches of Engineering, Science, Technology, Management and General Studies, and the collection is ever increasing. The books are classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. The open-access system is followed in the library.
- Canteen: The college is equipped with a fully functional vegetarian canteen to serve hygienically prepared food to the staff and students. A subsidized mess is also operative in the campus. A separate mess for boys has been provided.
- Transport: A full-fledged Transport department functions in the college with buses to provide transport facilities to students and staff from various places. This service is offered to ensure hassle-free and safe transportation.
- The College runs 85 buses for providing transport facilities to students from various places in the city. The number of buses will be increased corresponding to the increase in the intake of students.
- Health Centre: The Health Centre here at Rajalakshmi Engineering College is well equipped. It has a separate inpatient facility for male and female students. The health centre provides quality health care in a comfortable and confidential environment. The centre has 6 beds and adequately supplied a medicine cabinet.
Rajalakshmi Engineering College FAQs
Ques. Does REC Chennai offer B.E in Robotics & Automation?
Ans. Yes, Rajalaxmi Engineering College has introduced the following two Engineering Courses for 2020-21 sessions:
- B.E in Robotics & Automation
- B.Tech in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Ques. How are the faculty of REC Chennai?
Ans. Highlights of REC Faculty is as follows:
- Student ratio is 1:13
- Delivers Sound Knowledge
- Appreciable no. of PhD holders among faculty
- Helps students to take part in research projects
Read More REC Faculty
Ques. Does the institute offer hostel accommodation?
Ans. Yes, REC Chennai provides a separate hostel for boys and girls. The hostel can accommodate 500 boys and 200 girls. Single room accommodation is given to the final year and PG students. They are also permitted to use their own computers in their own rooms. The mess is spacious with a dining hall and kitchen. Separate seating arrangements are made for both boys and girls.
Read More REC Hostel Fees
Ques. How can International Students apply for admission in REC Chennai?
Ans. Follow the steps listed below to take admission in Rajalaxmi Engineering College:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the institute.
Step 2: Go to the ‘Admission’ tab.
Step 3: Click on ‘Application Forms’.
Step 4: Click near “NRI (Foreign Resident) Application for B.E./ B.Tech/ M.E./ M.Tech. / M.B.A. Programmes”.
Step 5: Fill the application form with all the required details.
Step 6: Click on ‘Submit’.
Ques. What is the total fees of B.E Lateral Entry?
Ans. The total fees of B.E Lateral Entry is INR 1,50,000.
Ques. What is the minimum pass percentage requirement for B.E/ B.Tech Program?
Ans. The requirement for admission to B.E/ B.Tech Programs are as follows:
B.E. / B.Tech Programs: HSC (Academic & Vocational) Candidates
|Category||Minimum Pass Percentage|
|Most Backward||40 %|
|SC / ST||Just pass in the examination|
Lateral Entry Candidates
Diploma Holders (various branches) are also eligible to II year of the four years B.E./ B.Tech Degree courses:
|Category||Minimum pass percentage in all semesters|
|Most Backward||40 %|
|SC / ST||Just pass in the examination|
Ques. What documents are required at the time of admission in REC Chennai?
Ans. The following is the list of Original Certificates along with two sets of attested copies to be produced at the time of admission for UG and PG courses:
- SSLC Certificate with marks (for evidence of Date of Birth)
- Higher Secondary Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last studied
- Original Community Certificate
- Sports Certificates of achievement, if allotted under Sports Quota
- Extra-Curricular Certificates, if any.
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- CET - Entrance Examination Mark Sheet and Hall Ticket
- Eligibility Certificate (other State Candidates only)
- Three Passport size photos