Rajas Dental College and Hospital is a private medical college located in Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu. It was established in 1987 and is recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI). It is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University. Rajas Dental College and Hospital offers a UG program in BDS and a PG program in MDS. Additionally, it also offers a Research level program in M.Phil across several specializations. Admission is on the basis of an entrance examination.
Rajas Dental College and Hospital, Tirunelveli Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1987 | Private|
|Recognised by||Dental Council of India (DCI)|
|Affiliated to||The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University|
|Courses Offered||BDS, MDS & Ph.D|
|Admission Criteria||Merit or Entrance-based|
|Entrance Exam||NEET-UG/ NEET-MDS|
|Facilities Available||Clinic, Operation Theatre, Laboratories, Library, Museum, Hostel, Transport, Auditorium, Cafeteria, Gym|
Rajas Dental College and Hospital, Tirunelveli Courses
Rajas Dental College & Hospital offers the following courses at the UG, PG and Research level:
|B.D.S.||Dental Surgery||Duration: 5 Years
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 with 50% aggregate marks in PCB
Admission Criteria: NEET
|M.D.S.||Prosthodontics||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility Criteria: BDS Degree from a recognized university
Admission Criteria: NEET MDS
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|Ph.D.||Prosthodontics||Duration: 3 - 4 Years
Eligibility Criteria: MDS with 50% marks
Admission Criteria: Entrance exam & Interview
|Conservative and Endodontics|
Rajas Dental College and Hospital, Tirunelveli Admissions
Admissions to the college are on the basis of an entrance examination.
How to apply?
Candidates need to apply for the entrance exam of the desired course in which they want to take admission. There is no application form of the college.
The steps to apply are mentioned below:
- Candidates seeking admission must register for NEET or NEET MDS on the official website
- Fill the form with relevant details
- Candidates must select their preferred college and course from the available list of colleges and courses
- Next, lock the choices
- Submit the form and download it for future reference
- Once the candidate is allotted a seat, they must visit the allotted college to complete the admission process
Rajas Dental College and Hospital, Tirunelveli Facilities
- Smart Class Rooms: The air-conditioned lecture rooms are equipped with ICT facilities such as computers with internet, LCD projector, and audio aids. The computers in the classrooms have IntelliSpace software installed in them and smart boards are mounted for advanced teaching and learning purposes. IntelliSpace software is designed as new-age software, in which superior user experience is a key necessity.
- Satellite and Mobile Clinics: Other than the practical laboratory facilities for the students, the college has 2 satellite clinics equipped with 4 dental chairs to cater to the needs of the nearby rural population and to improve accessibility to dental healthcare.
- Operation Theatre and Medical Wards: The college has a medical ward with 25 beds to cater to the needs of inpatients.The emergency ward has experienced doctors, a counsellor and a clinical psychologist. It also has a state of the art operation theatre to perform advanced surgeries, treatment of RTA, lesions.
- Libraries: The College has a well-equipped library with several books and journals related to dentistry. The college also gives students access to an e-library.
- Museum: The college has several museums in the department of Anatomy, Oral Pathology, and Public Health Dentistry to give students a better understanding of subjects and precaution procedures.
- Sports and Fitness: The College emphasizes on the physical activities of the students and hence provides facilities for fitness, sports and mental relaxation activities. The college has a cricket, basketball and volleyball ground. It also has an indoor stadium where students can play badminton and table tennis. Additionally, it also has a gym with fitness equipment.
- Hostel: The college provides well-constructed hostel facilities for both girls and boys and has adequate capacity for lodging the students. The hostel has in-house security and mess facilities.
Rajas Dental College and Hospital, Tirunelveli Faculties
The Institute has a faculty that has comprehensive knowledge in the dental field with years of experience. The college has 9 HODs and the faculty members are in the following positions:
- Lecturers: 29
- Professors: 10
Ques. What is the MDS intake at Rajas Dental College and Hospital?
Ans. The intake for the MDS course is as follows:
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||3|
Ques. Does Rajas Dental College and Hospital provide NEET coaching?
Ques. Does Rajas Dental College and Hospital provide any scholarships?
Ques. What is the NEET-UG 2020 cut off percentile?
Ans. The cut-off is given below:
|Category||NEET Cut off percentile||NEET 2020 cutoff scores|
Ques. Does Rajas Dental College and Hospital offer clinical facilities?
Ques. What are the documents required for the Ph.D. admission application at Rajas Dental College and Hospital ?
Ans. The candidate shall submit the following documents along with an application form for the Rajas Dental College Ph.D. program:
- Attested Xerox copy of the Postgraduate Educational qualification Certificate.
- Original ‘Ethical Committee Clearance certificate’ for Human / Animal studies from the Institution in which the candidate intends to do their Research Programme.
- Original ‘No objection certificate’ from the Head of the Institution if working in the affiliated institution.
- Original ‘Permission letter’ from the Head of the Institution & Department to utilize the Department for Research purpose.