Holy Crescent College of Architecture, Kochi established in the year 2011 in the state of Kerala. It is affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi (MG) University, Kottayam, and approved by the Council of Architecture (CoA), Delhi. It is the first architecture college of Kochi to be approved by CoA, which also is affiliated with the Indian Institute of Architects and an institutional member of the Indian Green building council.
The means of application is both online and offline and the admission to the Institute is also both entrance and merit based. Students are selected based on their performance in the NATA entrance test.
The College offers Bachelor of Architecture for a duration of 5 Years. The college offers internships to students in the fourth year as part of the curriculum to different firms, through which you can secure a pre-placement depending upon your academic marks and performance in the company. Students also get to work on various projects and activities during the duration of the program.
HCCA provides scholarships and fees reduction to financially backward students and to students who show spectacular academic performances. Some of the scholarships are also given to students who have a good academic background in their higher secondary education along with a good entrance score.
Holy Crescent College of Architecture, Kochi: Highlights
|Established |Institute type||2011 | Private|
|Accredited to||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Affiliated to||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Courses offered||Bachelor of Architecture (B. ARCH)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance and merit Based|
|Course Duration||5 years|
Holy Crescent College of Architecture, Kochi: Courses Offered
|B. Arch||Eligibility- Passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics on an aggregate + NATA Score
Duration- 5 Years S
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based/ NATA
Holy Crescent College of Architecture, Kochi: Admission
Selection criteria for HCCA:
- The candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
- The candidate shall have passed his higher secondary (10+2) with a 50% mark as well as a 50% mark in Physics, chemistry, mathematics as subjects on an aggregate.
- The candidate must have a valid NATA score. The candidate must have a minimum of 35% ie (70 out of 200) in NATA.
- The candidate fulfilling all the above criteria can fill the application form available on the website.
How to apply?
- Candidates must go to the official website of HCCA.
- Then click on the admission link.
- Click on the ‘apply for B. Arch now’ link and an application form will appear on screen.
- Fill in the required information for the admission along with 10+2 score and NATA score, and next click on the submit option.
- Selected students will be contacted by the college if they are eligible and would be invited for admission counseling.
Holy Crescent College of Architecture, Kochi: Facilities
The college has a good mix of modern infrastructure and facilities along with a rich green eco-friendly campus available for students such as:
- Studios- There are 4 studios available which are designed and furnished for architecture with modern infrastructure for the academic purpose of students. The studios are specifically designed for students to get the best experience in learning the designs and methodologies of architecture.
- Computer centers: Hi-tech computer labs available with projectors loaded with the latest design software like an auto cad and Revit photoshop. Laboratories and workshops are also available for carpentry, climatology, survey, and materials for students to gain not only academic knowledge but also practical knowledge. Well designed and spacious conference halls are available on the campus where students are given various workshops, special guest talks, and other cultural and academic events.
- Full Wi-Fi campus: Well and truly connected with the outer world through fast and 24*7 Wi-Fi connections to make students avail of all the necessary academic contents. Good, spacious, and fully digitized library, containing a decent number of books for academic purposes for students with good seating space.
- Hostels- The college also has hostels for both boys and girls with greatly advanced infrastructure containing spacious rooms along with clean and fully functional toilets and bathrooms. It also has its own cafeteria/ canteen which is very spacious and well-capacitated for students, which provides delightful food and minimal price.
- Transportations: Well-connected and convenient transport facilities for students living nearby at a very affordable price. The bus routes planned by the college cover almost all parts of Ernakulam city, hence the students living far from the campus can avail of the facility.
Holy Crescent College of Architecture, Kochi: Faculty
The college has a good bunch of teachers and academic experts who are great at the process of knowledge sharing and personality development of the students. The faculty is considered to have good teaching experience, approachable and the quality of education is up the mark. They have a good course curriculum design that doesn’t put too much pressure on students. They have a good senior-junior faculty member ratio and hence along with the process of pedagogy.
Ques. Does Holy Crescent College of Architecture provides hostel facilities?
Ans. Yes, the college does provide hostel facilities for both boys and girls. The hostel rooms are very spacious and comfortable enough to share with 2/3 people. The bathrooms and toilets are very well maintained and hygienic.
Ques. What are the fees for the BArch course at Holy Crescent College of Architecture?
Ans. The first-year fees is Rs.80,000. For better clarity kindly visit the website or contact them directly.
Ques. Does Holy Crescent College of Architecture offer placements?
Ans. The college offers internship programs to the students to various firms, if you perform well enough and have a good academic score, you might get a job through pre-placement. Students usually get good pre-placement offers, but the majority of the students find a job after completing the course.
Ques.Does Holy Crescent College of Architecture provide scholarships?
Ans. The college will provide some basic scholarships to students who have good academic scores in their 10+2 if they are graduate students, and graduate scores if they are postgraduate students. Students who belong to the backward category also receive special concessions in their fees.
Ques. What should be the minimum qualification required for courses at Holy Crescent College of Architecture?
Ans. Minimum qualification for the Under-graduation course in this field is 10+2 with 50% marks in PCM. The college also prefers the NATA score, which you must have a score at least 35% or above.