Institute of Management Studies, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (IMS DAVV) is a premier institute of Business Management under the aegis of the University of Indore as the Management education wing of the university. IMS DAVV offers a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) to students with 6 specializations.
IMS DAVV Highlights
Here are some small details about IMS DAVV:
|Full form||Institute of Management Studies Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya|
|Specializations||Finance, Disaster management, HR, Hospital Administration, Marketing, E-Commerce|
|Selection criteria||Entrance based|
|Contact||0731 247 8800|
IMS DAVV Courses & Fees
Institute of Management Studies Devi Ahilya Vishwavidylaya (IMS DAVV) offers Postgraduate and Doctoral programs to students. A brief about all programs is given below:
|MBA (Full Time)||Graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates)||On the basis of merits in the entrance test conducted by the CMAT- A.I.C.T.E, NEW DELHI, and D.T.E, BHOPAL, M.P.||120||Boys: 33,411 Girls: 30,111|
|MBA (Financial Administration)||University entrance test||120||Boys: 31,800 Girls: 31,611|
|MBA (Disaster Management)||60|
|MBA (Human Resource)||120|
|MBA (Marketing Management)|
|MBA (Hospital Administration)||50% in Graduation with MBBS, BDS, BSc.(Nursing)(45% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) , B.Pharm BBA(HA) + one-year internship||60|
|MBA (Hospital Administration) (5 years)||50% marks in 12th standard with Biology as a compulsory subject A relaxation of 5% in the eligibility criteria shall be admissible to the bonafide SC/ST applicants of Madhya Pradesh only||60||Odd Semester: Boys- 29,800 Girls- 29,611 Even Semester: Boys- 29,411 Girls- 29,222|
|MBA (E-Commerce)||Graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates)||60||Boys: 31,800 Girls: 31,611|
|MBA (E-Commerce) 5 years||60||Odd Semester: Boys- 29,800 Girls- 29,611 Even Semester: Boys- 29,411 Girls- 29,222|
|MBA (Executive)||45% aggregate marks in Graduation + 2 years Executive/Managerial experience||Admissions are on a first-come, first-serve basis but if no. of applications are more than 120, the university will conduct an admission test for selection of students||120||30,000 for both boys and girls|
All the specializations of MBA are of 2 years except (Hospital Administration) and MBA (E-Commerce) which is of 5 years as well as 2 years.
Read More: IMS DAVV Courses and Fee
IMS DAVV Admissions
Admission to MBA is given through MPMJET (Madhya Pradesh Management Joint Entrance Test)/ ATMA/CET. For MBA Executive, admission is done on the basis of advertisement given by DAVV.
Applicants shall apply for the Common Entrance Test conducted by DAVV online. Steps involved in the process are:
Visit the official website of DAVV to fill the application form.
- Select the group according to your eligibility.
- Fill in the details correctly.
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee INR 1500 + INR 50 (online transaction charge) through MP Online authorized by KIOSK in MP or Credit/ Debit/ Net Banking.
- Submit the application form on or before the stipulated date.
Read More: IMS DAVV Admissions
IMS DAVV Faculty
The core faculty members of Institue of Management Studies Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya are:
- Dr.(Mrs) Sangeeta Jain
- Qualification: Ph.D.(Management), M.A.(Psychology), M.B.A.
- Designation: Director & professor
- Dr. P.N Mishra
- Qualification: D.Phil., LL.B. (Hons.), M.B.A.(Human Relation), M.B.A.(Marketing Research), M.Sc.(Mathematics)
- Designation: Professor & Head of School of Economics
- Dr. Rajiv Gupta
- Qualification: Ph.D.(Management), F.D.P.(IIM-A), M.B.A.
- Designation: Professor, Director, Directorate of Distance Education
- Dr. J. Sonwalkar
- Qualification: Ph.D.(Management), M.B.A., M.A.( Social Work), MA (History)
- Designation: Professor, On Deputation Vice-Chancellor, M.P. Bhoj University, Bhopal
- Dr. Rajnish Jain
- Qualification: Ph.D.(Management) , M.B.A
- Designation: Professor, On Deputation Secretary U.G.C., New Delhi
- Dr. Deepak Shrivastava
- Qualification: Ph.D.(Management), M.Tech, M.B.A, M.Sc.(Physics)
- Designation: Professor & Nodal Officer, Model Career Centre, DAVV
- Dr. Rajendra Singh
- Qualification: Ph.D.(Management), M.B.A., M.E.
- Designation: Professor & Incharge Valuation Centre, DAVV
- Dr. Kapil Sharma
- Qualification: P.hD.(Management), MMS(5 Years), LLB
- Designation: Reader
- Dr. Ajai Kumar Jain
- Qualification: Ph.D.(Management), M.B.A.(HA), M.B.B.S.
- Designation: Sr. Lecturer
IMS DAVV Placements
A placement committee handles IMS DAVV's placement cell which is made up of students selected after rigorous eligibility tests like Academic Performance, Group Discussions, and Personal Interview. The committee assists students in providing a platform to interact with the industry and help them in shaping their destiny.
Highlights of IMS DAVV Placements cell activities:
Constant touch with the corporate job market.
- Publication of regular placement bulletins
- Summer Placement and Training on a regular basis
- On the job training for full-time students
- Regular visits of noted industrialists and businessmen for interaction with students.
Top recuiters: Nestle, Aditya Birla Group, Deloitte, Dainik Bhaskar, ACC, Mahindra, Reliance Mobile, ICICI, ITC, etc.
IMS DAVV FAQs
Ques. How is IMS DAVV?
Ans. The Institute of Management Studies, Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya is a well-known Business school in Central India. It is an autonomous body and teaching department of DAVV.
The institute is good in terms of placements and academics with lesser and affordable fees amount. It falls under the Tier III B-School categories in some companies like ICICI and Falls as Tier II category B-School in some companies like Bajaj Finserv.
IMS DAVV is one of the best MBA Institutes in Madhya Pradesh as it provides MBA in various streams like Finance Administration, Marketing Management, Human Resource, e-commerce, Hospital Administration and Disaster Management.
Ques. Which course gives the best placement?
Ans. At IMS DAVV, 75% of students each year get placed through the closed campus recruitment process in IMS. Students complete their studies within the 1.20 LPA range and get placements in the range of 4–4.5 LPA (average). This makes the institute best in terms of Return on Investment (ROI).
Till date, the highest package offered to an IMS studnets is 7.3 LPA in Finance and Marketing. The second best course for placements is HR. Students are offered 5.76 LPA in this field.
Ques. What is the entrance test that University conducts for admission?
Ans. The university offers several UG and PG courses for which admission is done on the basis of Computer Based Test (CBT) known as DAVV CET. For admission to UG courses, a candidate must pass in 10+2 examination in relevant stream and subject from recognized board. Minimum eligibility for PG courses is the candidate must pass in relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.