Ramaiah Institute of Technology (RIT) formerly known as M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT) is an Autonomous Private Engineering Institute located in Bangalore, Karnataka. The Institute that is part of the Gokula Education Foundation (GEF) was established in the year 1962. RIT offers various specializations in streams like Engineering, Architecture, Biotechnology, Management, Computer Science and Technology at UG, PG and PhD level.
Know more about RIT Application Process
Check RIT Cutoff
Type of Institute
NAAC-A and NBA
Visvesvaraya Technological University
53 National printed magazines
How to Reach
8.5 Km from Bangalore City Railway Station
31 Km from Kempegowda International Airport
RIT Courses and Admission
The college offers B.E. / B.Arch. programs at the Undergraduate level and M.Tech / M.Arch. / MCA / MBA / M.Sc. programs at the Postgraduate level. Additionally, the Institute also offers Research program in several specializations at the Doctorate level.
RIT Undergraduate Admission
Admission to B.Arch. courses will on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in 10+2 with Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
- Minimum marks required to apply for B.Arch. course is 50% (10+2).
- Candidates applying for B.E. course must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Electronics as optional subjects.
- To apply for B.E program a candidate must score minimum 45% marks in HSC.
Candidates will be selected on the basis marks scored in 10+2 and KEA / COMEDK exam.
RIT Postgraduate Admission
Applying candidate must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University / Institute.
- Candidate seeking admission to M.Sc. program must hold a four-year bachelor degree in any relevant discipline.
- Minimum marks required to apply for PG courses is 50% (Bachelor’s).
- Selection will be made on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in PGCET (Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) conducted by the Govt. of Karnataka.
RIT PHD Admission
Candidates should have obtained a Master’s degree in the relevant subject to apply for PhD course.
- To apply for Research programs a candidate must score minimum 55% marks in Postgraduation.
Check RIT Courses and Fees Structure
Highest Package Offered
Average Package Offered
Body / Magazine
Deserving students can avail several scholarships awarded by the Government of Karnataka.
Scholarships Offered –
- Post Metric Scholarship to SC/STs
- Fee-reimbursements to SC/STs
- Fee- concession
- Defense Scholarship
- MSRIT Alumni Scholarship
Hostel : There are separate hostels for girls and boys with 2 seater and 3 seater rooms. Additionally, some other facilities are also available for the students viz. Mess, canteen, Common room, Music room and Wi-Fi.
Library : The library comprises of 1,27,554 books, 53 National and International printed journals, 8640 E-Journals, 37,512 Titles, 3500 Compact Discs (CD’s), 24,000 databases, 75 Video Cassettes and 1421 IS Standards.
Internet Center : The data center is air-conditioned with adequate power backup. The institute has an Internet connection of 100Mbps which is controlled and regulated by using a UTM device that contains an antivirus and antispam database. Some of the important servers in NIC are Web Server, Student Information System, Biometric Attendance System, DHCP Server, DNS Server, BBWT AMS, LDAP Server and Moodle/e-learning server.
Gym : The gym is well equipped with a multi-gym, a range of free weights and aerobic equipment. The gym is great for building strength, burning fat, improving general fitness, or for specific sports conditioning. The gym is open to all members of RIT. The college gym is maintained by the Department of Sports