Bokaro Steel City College, Bokaro, Jharkhand is a general degree college which is one of the premier educational institutions in the state of Jharkhand. It is a government college established in 1970. It was made into a constituent college of Ranchi University in 1978. It is currently a prestigious constituent college in Binod Bihari Mahato Koylanchal University, Dhanbad.;
The college offers various courses in the domain of Arts, Science and Commerce. These include under-graduate courses, post-graduate courses, and B.Ed programs.;
Admissions to all these courses is based on the merit obtained by students in qualifying exams. Application forms can be filled through online or offline mode.;
The college is registered under 2(f) and 12(b) of the UGC act 1956 and also recognized by NCTE. The top recruiters of the institute are Wipro, Infosys, ICICI Prudential, Zenpac, BPO Convergence Pvt. Lmt, Bajaj Capital, Kochar InfoTech, and Tech Mahindra.;
Bokaro Steel City College, Bokaro Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1970 | Public|
|Affiliated to||Binod Bihari Mahato Koylanchal University, Dhanbad. (UG Level) Nalanda Open University, Patna (PG Level)|
|Recognised by||National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)|
|Accredited to||NAAC B|
|Courses Offered||B.Com, B.A.,B.A. (Hons), B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons), BBA, BCA, B.Ed., MCA, M.A., M.Com, M.Sc., PhD Programme, Post Graduate Diploma|
|Campus Area||20 Acres|
|Facilities||Library, Computer Center, Science Lab, Canteen|
BSCC Bokaro Courses
As UG programs, it offers BA, B.Sc, B.Com., BBA, BCA, and B.Ed programs. As for PG courses, it offers MA, M.Sc, MCA programs. It also offers Ph.d. and Diploma courses.;
|B.A.||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 with Science/Arts/Commerce
Subject Offered: History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, Psychology, Philosophy, English, Hindi, Urdu, Tourism, Home Science, Social Work
|B.Sc.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with Science
Subject Offered: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Zoology, Botany, Environmental Science, Biotech
|B.Ed.||Duration: 3 Year
Eligibility: Science, Commerce and Arts Graduates and Postgraduates.
|MCA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation in relevant field
|M.A.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation in relevant field
Subject Offered: History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, Psychology, Philosophy, English, Hindi, Urdu, Bhojpuri, Magahi, Public Administration, Rural Development, Journalism & Mass Communication
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation in relevant field Subject Offered: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Zoology, Botany
|Ph.D.;||Duration: Depends on Thesis Submission
Eligibility: Postgraduate degree in relevant field
Subject Offered: History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, English, Hindi, Urdu, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Zoology, Botany, Commerce
Read More: BSCC Bokaro Courses & Fee
BSCC Bokaro Admission
Admission is strictly based on merit.
Admission for UG courses starts after +2 Result is officially released.
Admission for PG Courses starts after receiving theirs Under Graduate Results.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply for the courses online or by downloading the form from the website.
- They are required to Fill out the form and submit the same along with the application fee.
- Candidates must apply before the said deadline.
Read More: BSCC Bokaro Latest Updates
BSCC Bokaro Placement
The institute BSCC Bokaro has a placement cell to prepare students for their job roles.
Students have been placed in companies like Wipro, Infosys, ICICI Prudential, Zenpac, BPO Convergence Pvt. Lmt, Bajaj Capital, Kochar InfoTech, and Tech Mahindra.
Read More: BSCC Bokaro Placement
BSCC Bokaro Facilities
- Library: The college library is an important hub of campus life. Here, you can check out books, conduct your research, find a quiet place to study, and maybe even flip through a magazine.
- Computer Center: The computer centre at Bokaro Steel City College, Bokaro is a state-of-art facility, with the Wi-Fi and campus wide LAN features. We use the advanced computer systems with high end configuration, and the latest software versions.
- Science Labs: The college has the following labs:
- Physics Laboratory: The physics laboratory in the college is a spacious one and we are having good quality apparatus for all the experiments which are prescribed as per the university rule.
- Chemistry Laboratory: The chemistry lab in the college is a spacious, well ventilated with white walls well equipped with all the modern tools required for chemistry experiments. It is a delight to work and carry out experiments in the lab.
- Biology Laboratory: In the biology lab, the students study detailed structures, morphological, histological and physiological aspects of plants and animals. Study of slides under the microscopes or studying the museum specimens kindles a natural curiosity towards Nature and instills a joy of learning the flora & fauna around us. All the equipment and specimens that we have in the lab are open for the College students to be used under careful supervision.
- Campus Wifi: The campus is supported by round the clock Wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi) of 20 Mbps and has a strong backbone of 5 access point links throughout the campus. With this students, staff and visitors can access online information without any hassle of wires and plug-ins.
- Canteen: The objective of the Canteen and meal service is to protect by reducing the risk of food borne illness, with proper sanitary conditions and preventing adulterated food. From the very beginning of the College, the College Canteen has been functioning efficiently. The canteen is located inside the College. The hostellers and day scholars are provided meals by assuring food safety and quality.
- Medical Facility: The College has a well-equipped medical room with 2 beds. First aid facilities, a wheel chair and a blood pressure machine are available in this medical room and there is a nurse on campus to cater to students who report minor health related issues. In case of any emergency, the student is either rushed to a nearby hospital/medical center or a doctor is called immediately.
Read More: BSCC Bokaro Reviews
BSCC Bokaro Faculty
The institute has a huge number of Doctorate faculties. Over 80% of faculty are Ph.D. degree holders. And others are postgraduate.
The department-wise no. of faculties is:;
- Arts: 19;
- Commerce: 3
- Science: 14
Read More: BSCC Bokaro Faculty
BSCC Bokaro FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission?
- School Leaving Certificate/College Leaving Certificate (Original)
- Board/University Mark sheet (Photocopy)
- Admit Card (Photocopy)
- Caste Certificate from ST/SC/BC I/ BC II (Original) (If Applicable)
- Income Certificate BC I (Original) (If Applicable)
- Passport size Photo 3 copies
- Migration Certificate Original other than Jharkhand Board Council/University
Ques. What is the fee structure of the college?
Ques. What are the minimum marks to get admission and the relaxation provided for SC/ST?
Ques. How can I apply for admission in BSCC Bokaro?
Ques. Does the college have a reservation quota during admission?