Latest Updates- The payment window for the mop-up round has opened on December 11, 2020, and will close on December 14, 2020. The seat allotment results for the final round will be published on December 17, 2020. Candidates are required to report for physical verification and further admission process at the institute between December 18, 2020 and December 26, 2020. The round 1 and round 2 counselling for seat allotment ended on November 16, 2020 and December 8, 2020 respectively.
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences was established in August 1985 by K.L.E society. It is the first and only dental college amongst the nine healthcare educational institutions set up by the K.L.E society.
The institute offers four dental science courses that include undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses. Admissions are provided on the basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance test (NEET) scores. Last year in 2019, the cut-off of NEET UG for BDS opened at rank 87115 and closed at a rank of 660037 for general category students.
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1985|Private|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India; Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.|
|Set by||Karnataka Lingayat Education (KLE) society|
|Entrance Exam||NEET-UG/ PG- NEET|
|Courses Offered||BDS, MDS, Diploma|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostels, Computer centre, Sports facilities, Cafeteria|
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences Courses offered
The institute offers four courses which includes an undergraduate, a postgraduate and two diploma courses. Details for the same are given below: -
|BDS- Bachelor of Dental Surgery||General|
- 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised board with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and passing marks in the English language in the qualifying examination.
- Students from reserved categories are given a 10% relaxation in the aggregate marks.
- Candidates should at least 17 years at the time of admission or will complete this age on 31st December in the year of the admission.
|MDS- Master of Dental Surgery||Prosthodontics & Crown Bridge||BDS Degree from a College/ University Equivalent Qualification Recognized by the Dental Council of India||3 years||40|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology & Oral Microbiology|
|Public Health Dentistry|
|Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology|
- 10+2 from a recognized board/ university with Biology, Chemistry and Physics as compulsory subjects
- Class 10 or equivalent from a recognised board.
|2 years/ 3 years||10|
Read more: KLE VK Institute of Dental sciences, Belgaum Courses & Fees
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences Admissions
Admissions to KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences, Belgaum is based on a merit list prepared on the basis of National Entrance cum Eligibility test (NEET). Admissions for Diploma courses are conducted through a merit list drafted on the basis of qualifying examination aggregates.
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences Admission Procedure
Students who wish to apply to KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences may follow the steps given below for the admission process-
Candidates applying through NEET
- The application form is available online on the KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences Online admission portal.
- Candidates are required to register themselves with a valid phone number and email-ID.
- Candidates need to have a valid identity proof, educational mark sheets, entrance examination details, domicile and caste certificates (if any), work experience details, extracurricular/sports details while filling the application form.
- The Application will be considered submitted after the submission of the application fee through net banking/UPI/online payment. Incomplete applications or the applicants who are not fulfilling the eligibility criteria will not be considered.
- Retain the payment receipt and temporary university seat number.
- Provide the documents required during the physical admission process at the institute.
Candidates applying through MCC
- Candidates opting for allotment through the Medical Counselling committee (MCC) or KEA, following the NEET examination also need to fill up the application form on the KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences online portal to be eligible.
- Candidates can then register themselves in the Medical Counselling committee (MCC) official website for seat allotment.
- Candidates need to provide the required details such as educational and personal information on the MCC portal.
- Candidates can then fill the available choices and pay the fees after choice-filling.
- Once allotted a seat at their preferable institute choice, candidates need to report for physical verification and further admission process.
- MCC/ DGHS Confirmation Letter / Provisional Allotment Letter.
- Acknowledgement form with the university seat number.
- NEET Admit Card issued by NTA-2020
- Score Card / Rank Letter issued by CBSE (NTA-2020)
- 10th / SSLC Standard marks Card for proof of Date of Birth
- Marks Card of 10+2 (12th)
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving / Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Two recent passport-sizes colored photographs
- Fee remittance copy/ acknowledgement / Demand Drafts (of Nationalized / Scheduled Bank) for fees
- Photo Copy of PAN CARD (Candidate & Parent) for Indian Residents
- Copy of Aadhaar Card Compulsory for Indian Residents
- Caste certificate (in English version)
- Certificate of Domicile
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences Scholarships
The institute doesn’t provide any scholarship to the students. However, students may apply for fee concession based on merit and monetary situation under special circumstances. Students from reserved categories are eligible for state scholarships provided by the Government of Karnataka. The decision for the provision of grants or concession is entirely the decision of the administrative board of the KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences.
Read more: KLE VK Institute of Dental sciences, Belgaum Scholarships
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences Facilities
The Institute’s students are provided with a variety of facilities that caters to the needs of the students and the faculties.
- Hostels- The hostels are equipped with modern facilities, offer recreational space and round the clock security assurance. There are separate hostels for boys and girls.
- Cafeteria-The Institute has a food court and a cafeteria within the campus. The food prepared in the Cafeteria is prepared with utmost hygiene and cleanliness.
- Library- Dr S.G. Desai library has a vast collection of books that comprises volumes of text books, reference books, journals and publications. Additionally, it also provides multimedia facilities that help students to browse through well-known databases and e-journals. The institute has another library in the campus that caters to the students’ needs as well.
- Sports facilities- Sports facilities include swimming pool, tennis court, gymnasium, indoor games stadium and track and field facilities.
- Transport facilities- The institute provides transport facilities for its students residing nearby localities and all over the city.
Read more: KLE VK Institute of Dental sciences, Belgaum Hostel & Fees details
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences Faculties
The institute has ten departments and more than 50 faculties comprising readers, professors and lecturers. All the faculties are BDS and MDS degree holders. Faculties of KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences have published more than 70 papers till date. The departments have singularly partnered with distinguished dental colleges across the country such as PMN Dental College, The Karnataka Cancer Therapy and Research institute, ICMR National Institute of Traditional Medicine and several others. Researchers and faculties from the institute have also obtained distinct 15 patents for their work.
Read more: KLE VK Institute of Dental sciences, Belgaum Faculty
KLE VK Institute of Dental Sciences FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure at KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences for the UG Courses?
Ans. The annual course fee structure at the KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences for UG students is as follows-
|Year I||INR 4,47,350|
|Year II||INR 4,42,750|
|Year III||INR 4,42,750|
|Year IV||INR 4,42,750|
The hostel fees and other necessary categories are calculated separately.
Ques. What is the annual intake for the course for BDS in KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences?
Ans. The maximum allowed intake for the BDS course is 100. The selection is based on merit and candidates are selected according to the reservation policy for educational institutions and NEET scores for consequent steps.
Ques. How to apply for counselling through KEA for BDS in KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences?
Ans. Candidates can visit the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) to apply for NEET Karnataka State counselling. Candidates need to register themselves and follow the same procedure of choice filling.
Ques. How to get in touch with the admissions office?
Ans. Students can get in touch with the admissions office through telephone or email. Students can also use the ‘Contact Us’ option on the official website of KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences for further queries.
Telephone- 0831247036/ +918312444444
Ques. When is the admission notification for BDS from KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences released?
Ans. The admission notification for KLE V.K. Institute of Dental Sciences is released after the publication of NEET results. The application form and notice is available on the official website.