School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada, was first established on the 7th of July 2008, and ten years later, it shifted its activities to a permanent campus. Also known as SPAV, it obtained the 9th position among the top architectural colleges in India by NIRF and India Today respectively.
Sprawled across an area of 9.66 acres, the institution offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate programs in Architecture and Planning. The admission procedure is based on merit in the previous qualifying examinations and entrance tests. In addition, written tests, viva voce, as well as personal interviews are also conducted. The application forms are available to print on the official website. Once filled in, it needs to be delivered to the college authorities via post or courier.
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||2008 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Established by||MHRD, Government of India|
|Courses Offered||B Arch, B Plan, M Arch, M Plan, MBEM, Ph.D.|
|Admission Procedure||Merit in previous qualifying examinations, entrance tests|
|Entrance Tests||JEE Main, CCMT GATE, UGC NET, CSIR NET, ICMR, JRF|
|Application Mode||Online (to be submitted via post)|
|Facilities||Library, Hostel, Computer Lab, Computer Centre, Healthcare Centre, Sports and Recreation, Guest House|
|Campus Area||9.66 acres|
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada Courses
SPAV offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate courses in Architecture and Planning. Tabulated below are the details of each.
|B.Arch.||Architecture||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with at least 75%
Selection Criteria: CSAB, JoSAA
Duration: 5 years
|B.Plan.||Planning||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with at least 75%
Selection Criteria: CSAB, JoSAA
Duration: 4 years
|M.Arch.||Sustainable Architecture||Eligibility: B.Arch. with a CGPA of at least 6.5 or 60% in aggregate
Selection Criteria: CCMT, written test, interview
Duration: 2 years
|MBEM||Building Engineering and Management|
|M Plan||Environmental Planning and Management|
|Urban and Regional Planning|
|Ph.D.||Architecture||Eligibility: M Arch/M.Tech CGPA of 6.5 or 60%
Selection Criteria: GATE/CSIR NET/UGC NET/ICMR
Duration: 3 years
Click here SPA Vijayawada Courses and Fees
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada Admission
The admission procedure in SPAV is based on entrance examinations followed by counseling and in some cases, personal interviews and viva voce.
How to Apply?
Listed below are the steps that the aspirant should follow for applying to SPAV:
- Apply to a maximum of three courses in the same application form
- Download the application form from the official website and fill in the relevant details as accurately as possible.
- Attach required documents and attest them accordingly
- Pay the specified fee and get a printout of the online fee receipt
- Send the application form, documents, and the fee receipt via post or courier to the School
Check SPA Vijayawada Admission
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada Placement
SPAV provides its students with ample recruitment training which includes research collaborations, field visits, exposure programs, study tours, workshops, as well as in-house seminars. A few of the notable companies that have bagged eligible candidates from this institution are Deloitte, Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority, IBI Group, Cushman and Wakefield, World Resources Institution, National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, City and Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra, Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Limited, and Space Matrix.
Know more SPA Vijayawada Placement
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada Scholarship
SPAV announces various scholarships from time to time. For 2020 the Japanese MEXT scholarship was announced for Research students. Apart from overseas scholarships, government scholarships are available for the students to take benefit of. The government announces merit-based scholarships for top-ranking students. There are scholarships for reservation category students as well. Students scoring well in the GATE entrance exam can also apply for GATE Scholarship.
Know more SPA Vijayawada Scholarship
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada Facilities
SPAV provides the following facilities to provide the students with a convenient campus life:
- Central Library: SPAV has a library that comprises over 6000 books, eBooks, and journals, and more than 4000 online resources.
- Computer Centre: SPAV’s computer center has a stable LAN connection that caters to over 900 users at a time.
- Computer Lab: With over 60 high-end workstations, the computer lab at SPAV houses the latest software.
- Healthcare Center: It provides emergency first-aid to students and staff members
- Guest House: SPAV provides a guest house for its alumni, parents, or guardians of the students, and industry experts.
- Hostel: SPAV provides separate hostels for boys and girls. While the capacity of the former is about 400, the latter can accommodate about 200 students.
- Sports and Recreation: SPAV has provisions for various games like badminton, basketball, football, kabaddi, as well as races.
Click here SPA Vijayawada Hostel
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada Faculty
SPAV has a faculty team of over 39 members. The team is composed of a Director, 4 professors, 7 associate professors, 27 assistant professors, and 2 heads of the respective departments. 14 members have acquired Ph.D. degrees in relevant disciplines. The team guides the students and strives to lead them to a bright future.
Check SPA Vijayawada Faculty
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada FAQs
Ques. What are the specializations provided under the postgraduate degree?
Ques. Are there hostel facilities in the institution?
Ques. What is the duration of the undergraduate programs?
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion for the Ph.D. programs?
Ques. Are there any scholarship facilities?