The Sinhgad College of Architecture (SCOA) was established in 2000 and got approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). During the span of 19-20 years, the institute has cultivated various creative talents and skills with the guidance of most experienced faculty and teaching staff. The Sinhgad College of Architecture is recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and is affiliated to the Savitribai Phule Pune University. The college offers courses like B.Arch, M.Arch, and Ph.D. in Architecture. The application and admission process is carried out on the guidelines of SCETC, Maharashtra.
Sinhgad College of Architecture Pune Highlights
|Affiliated to||Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU)|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Courses||B.Arch, M.Arch, and Ph.D.|
|Scholarships available||Yes, for SC/ST/OBC category students|
|Exams||NATA, MAH M.Arch CET, SPPU ET, GATE|
|Campus size||5 acres|
Sinhgad College of Architecture Pune Courses
The institute offers B.Arch, M.Arch, and Ph.D. courses. The further course details are tabulated below:
|B.Arch||Architecture||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate and NATA merit rank
Duration: 5 years
|M.Arch||Architectural Conservation||Eligibility: B. Arch. and MAH M Arch CET merit rank
Duration: 2 years
|Ph.D.||Architecture||Eligibility: M. Arch. and GATE merit rank
Duration: 2 years
Sinhgad College of Architecture Pune Admission
The admissions for the courses are streamlined via Entrance examinations. The college uses NATA, Mah M.Arch CET, and GATE as the conduits for admissions. Applications are invited online within the announced time span. The applications are scrutinized according to the guidelines and counseling rounds.
How to Apply?
- Appear for entrance examination as per the desired course. Receive merit rank for the exam.
- Fill application form on the college website. Register, with a unique email id.
- Fill all the necessary details, personal information, marks in 10+2, marks in the entrance, and photographs.
- Pay registration fees.
Sinhgad College of Architecture Pune Placement
Following is the bar graph of outgoing students who got placed year wise during the last 5 years:
The college carries out annual placement through the placement committee. Various companies like Property Pistol, ICICI bank, Vinayak Diamond tools, and FinDestination took part in campus interviews.
|Academic year||Students placed||Average salary|
Sinhgad College of Architecture Pune Scholarship
Scholarships are available for the students of reserved categories such as OBC, ST, SC. Also, the families who have a low annual income can also apply for the loan. Although the scholarships are provided based on the University of Pune Guidelines. Following are the scholarships and freeships provided by the government during the last five years:
- Rajashri Shahu Maharaj Scholarship: Eligible students get a 50% scholarship on tuition fees and 50% on exam fees.
- State-Central government minority scholarship: INR 5000 provided for students having family income less than INR 6,00,000 per year.
Sinhgad College of Architecture Pune Facilities
The college has various facilities created for the students to excel in their skills for Architecture. These facilities help the students to fine-tune the skills that will help them in their career:
- Availability of studios: There are twenty exclusive studios for B.Arch. course and four studios for M.Arch. Courses, with proper lighting and ventilation, storage and drafting facilities, multiple electric points for students’ laptop computers and LCD projectors.
- Availability of Audio-Visual and Assembly Hall: Audio-Visual rooms and lecture halls are well-equipped with audiovisual equipment, LCD projector, screen, computer, and glass board each. They have a capacity to accommodate 60 students each.
- Material Museum: An incredible collection of the latest equipment used in construction is provided for the students to be used in their curriculum, site visits, and study tours.
- Library: SCOA has a central library & Departmental library as well. SCOA library is situated on the 2nd Floor of the central library which accommodates over 3000 users at a time.
- Computer labs: To keep the students updated with the latest technology, an advanced computer center has been set up. There are two computer labs.
Click here Sinhgad College of Architecture Pune Hostel
Sinhgad College of Architecture Pune Faculty
The institute as well qualified and knowledgeable faculty staff. There are 49 staff members in B.Arch. course, 7 faculty members in M.Arch. course and 19 non-teaching staff.
Sinhgad College of Architecture Pune FAQs
Ques. Whether hostel accommodation & other amenities are available?
Ans. Separate hostels are provided for both girls and boys with all modern amenities provided like canteens, mess, laundry, dispensary, banks, ATM centers, etc.
Ques. What is the intake capacity of our college?
Ans. 160 seats are filled up every year in the First year of B.Arch. course.
Ques. Are there different fee structures for Indian and international students?
Ans. The rules are as drafted by the Directorate of Technical Education of Maharashtra.
Ques. What are the placement opportunities?
Ans. The institute is working towards placement opportunities via alumni groups. Students with exceptional skills can also be picked by the visiting renowned architects for job opportunities.
Ques. What are the other facilities that the Sinhgad Architecture of Pune provides?
Ans. Sinhgad College of Architecture has a mesmerizing landscape. Students have complete access to 20 exclusive studios for B.Arch, and 4 studios for M.Arch courses.