Sir J. J. College of Architecture is an architecture college situated in Mumbai city in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is one of the most famous and heritage colleges in India as its history can be traced back up to 1857. The college campus is rented to the Maharashtra Government as per the deeds of Sir Jamsetjee Jejeebhoy (Sir J. J.). The college comprises two buildings where the departments are placed and also consist of a small building which consists of the workshop. The college was reorganized and established in the year of 1913 to make it suitable for Architectural training. Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. Sir JJ College of Architecture has bagged 4th rank according to India Today for Fine Arts.
Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1913 | Government|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Entrance Exam||NATA/JEE main and MAH - M. Arch - CET|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Campus Area||21 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Claude Batley Gallery, Seminar Hall, Lecture Halls, Workshop, Canteen|
Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai Courses
Sir JJ College of Architecture offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in architecture. The eligibility criteria and duration of both the courses are mentioned in the following table.
|B. Arch||5 years||Intermediate graduate from a recognized board and a valid score in NATA or JEE Main|
|M. Arch||2 years||Graduation degree in under graduation or B. Arch and a valid score in MAH - M. Arch - CET|
Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai Admission
Admissions to the Sir JJ College of Architecture are made both online as well as offline. Applicants can either fill the application form online by providing the scanned copy of the required documents or else they can either apply offline by directly visiting the college and are asked to bring the required documents along with them. Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the college.
Candidates who wish to apply for the B. Arch course must score a valid score in the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) examination or in JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination). Similarly, the candidates who wish to apply for the M. Arch course must score a valid score in the MAH - M. Arch – CET examination (i.e.) the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Maharashtra government especially for the M. Arch course.
The details of entrance exams for the courses are mentioned in the following table:
|Course Name||Entrance Exam||For more details|
|B. Arch||NATA||Click Here|
|JEE Main||Click Here|
|M. Arch||MAH M. Arch CET||Click Here|
Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai Placement
Sir JJ College of Architecture has connections with many good firms across the country as it is one of the top architecture colleges in India. Almost 80% of the students are placed in the campus interview itself. Students are placed in both public as well as private sectors. Internships are also provided in the college and a stipend up to Rs. 20000 are given during the duration of the internship.
Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai Scholarships
Sir JJ College of Architecture has low fees and thus there may not be a need for scholarships. But the final year would require abroad travel. Thus scholarship may be applied for the last year.
- The college facilitates in getting government-sponsored scholarships for the needy.
- There is also Kohler's award given to meritorious students. The Kohler's award can be up to INR 80,000.
- Students who get admissions on the basis of GATE, get a stipend of INR 12,400 per month.
- Freeships are available for students for whose family annual income is less than INR 1 lakh.
Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the college to cater to the needs of students as well as faculty members:
- Library: Various collections of books are present in the library. The students can improve their study by referring to the textbooks of different authors and they can also improve general knowledge by reading newspapers and magazines in the library.
- Claude Batley Gallery: A gallery exhibiting the works of famous architect Claude Batley is present within the college campus. The gallery is named after his name and is helpful for students.
- Seminar Hall: A large seminar hall is present in the college and is capable of seating numerous students. It is useful for conducting various events like seminars, workshops, etc.
- Hostel: Hostel is present within the college campus itself and the fees of the hostel are also very less and are affordable to all students.
Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai Faculty
Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai has very experienced faculty members and most of them have completed their PhD in architecture and remaining members also possess a masters degree in architecture - M.Arch degree.
Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai FAQs
Ques. What is the address of the Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai?
Ques. Whether the hostel facility is provided separately for both boys and girls?
Ques. Do scholarships are provided to the students of Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai?
Ques. Does the alumni association exist in Sir JJ College of Architecture Mumbai?