Government Medical College (GMC), Haldwani is a prestigious medical college established in the year 1997. It has been approved by MCI and is affiliated to the Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University. The college offers MBBS with an intake capacity of 100 and MD, MS across various specializations. The campus spreading over an area of 90 acres has all necessary facilities for a great learning atmosphere and a comfortable living of students.
Check GMC Haldwani Reviews
GMC Haldwani Highlights
|Affiliated with||Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University|
|Courses offered||UG, PG|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||NEET-UG, NEET-PG|
|Campus Area||90 Acres|
GMC Haldwani Courses
Government Medical College, Haldwani offers UG and PG courses in the medical field. Following are the details about the same.
Read more: GMC Haldwani Courses and Fees
GMC Haldwani Admission
Admission to MBBS course is done on the basis of rank obtained in NEET-UG followed by state quota or centralized counselling.
For MD/MS admission, candidates need to qualify NEET-PG conducted by NBE. Selected students need to appear for counselling
- Visit the official website of NEET-UG/ NEET-PG
- Click on apply.
- Register yourself with your basic details.
- Proceed to fill the application form.
- Verify your mobile and email address.
- Pay the prescribed fees.
- Appear and qualify NEET-UG/ NEET-PG successfully.
Check GMC Haldwani Cut off
GMC Haldwani Placement
MBBS as a course requires a year of internship as a part of the course. The students can do this internship in the hospitals on the campus or outside. At this institution, students have to sign a bond which mandates them to work in the state of Uttarakhand for 3 years after the full course is over.
Some have a bond of 5 years as well. This is because of the shortage of doctors as compared to the population overall and, especially in the hilly regions. All students end up getting placed at some government hospital in a district of their choice. The salaries offered are as follows:
- Highest salary – 80,000/- per month
- Average salary – 50,000/- per month
- Lowest salary – 40,000/- per month
Read more: GMC Haldwani Placements
GMC Haldwani Facilities
MBBS is a hectic course that requires a lot of hard work and determination. Students are required to be strong-minded to complete this course with good merit without completely being cut off from the world. Hence, the institute provides the students with top-notch, modern facilities to enhance the overall development of the students. Following are some of the facilities provided by the institution:
- Hostel – The students are required to stay on campus and there are facilities for the same. Different hostels for girls and boys are available. The hostel fees are kept relatively affordable to make sure that the students get their rest. The hostel rooms are well ventilated and cleaned regularly.
- Laboratories – Each department has a different lab depending on the needs of the curriculum. These labs are air-conditioned and equipped with modern technology. The students are taught to think outside of the box and ask questions that encourage the interest in research from the beginning.
- Library – There is a central, air-conditioned, library for the teachers and the students of the college. This library includes a huge variety of medical-related and non-medical books. It also has a study area where students can come in and do their work.
- Canteen – The college campus consists of the well-hygienic canteen with an adequate sitting arrangement which serves good quality and delicious food at a reasonable price
Read more: GMC Haldwani Hostel
GMC Haldwani FAQs
Ques. How are the faculties of GMC Haldwani?
Ans. Govt. Medical College, Haldwani is run under the leadership of the principal, Mrs Lalita Bhist. All the teaching faculty in the college are doctors who are experts in their field. They are very well-trained and up to date with the new advancements in the field. They are highly skilled and know the practical applications of their subject in the medical industry. The students remember them as friendly and hardworking. A lot of the faculty are involved in research as well.
Ques. What is the NEET Cut-off for MBBS admission at GMC Haldwani?
Ans. As per the 2019 NEET cut-off (round 1) is 4257-6701 for General candidates
Ques. Does GMC Haldwani encourage any extracurricular activities?
Ans. Each year, a cultural fest, Crescendo, is organised by the students to break their monotonous routine and get to know and interact with other students. This fest includes various sports activities, literary events. Various workshops are organised during the fest as well.
Ques. How are the accommodation facilities of the GMC Haldwani?
Ans. Year-wise separate hostels are available inside the campus. The hostels are provided with all necessary amenities like water, electricity, cleaned bathrooms. Toilets, spacious rooms & many more
Ques. What kind of committees does GMC Haldwani have?
Ans. The College has an Anti-Ragging Committee and a Women Protection Cell Committee. These are put in place by the college to have a safe and secure environment for the students.