Government Commerce College Gandhinagar was established in 1983. The college offers B.Com with Advance Accountancy and Auditing Specialization and M.com with costing Specialization. The admission is based on merit and the application mode is offline. LIC of India, Tech Mahindra, IDFC Bank, and many more are some of the top recruiters of the college.
Government Commerce College Gandhinagar Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||1970 | Government|
|Affiliated by||Gujarat University|
|Courses Offered||B.com and M.com|
|Support services and Facilities Available||Library, Laboratory facilities, Teaching Faculty|
|Phone no/ Alternate Phone no.||09724813122 Mobile no. 9427026981|
Government Commerce College Gandhinagar Courses
So let’s discuss the Courses offered by the Government Commerce College, the duration and eligibility to get admission to a prestigious institute is discussed in the tabular section below.
|B.Com||Specialization: Advanced Accountancy and Auditing
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 from a recognized institution.
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Must have passed B.Com, BBA (any stream), and BA Economics from a recognized university.
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Read More: Government Commerce College Gandhinagar Fees
Government Commerce College Gandhinagar Admission
Admission to the college is based on merit.
How to Apply?
- Go to the official Website and fill the form.
- Fill in all the details and attach the relevant document.
- Submit the duly filled form as asked.
- Pay the fee online and save the form for future reference.
- Eligibility criteria for courses are merit bases.
- Cut-offs for each course are described in the courses offered section.
Government Commerce College Gandhinagar Facilities
Government commerce college Gandhinagar, Apart from imparting quality education it also focuses on sports, culture, and having a special cell named UDISHA for the holistic growth of a student.
- Sports: Sports and Gymnasium facilities are also there for students
- IT Equipment: Computers are provided to academic and non-academic staff. Dell Laboratory consists of 24 computers with antivirus protection and proper maintenance of computers and peripherals is done every year.
- Central Library: Every year specially designed books of all the subjects as per the syllabus of Gujarat University by various publications and reference books are purchased as per the norms. Students have access to the internet and computer facility in the library. Issue-return policy for staff and students is implemented on a prompt basis.
- Campus Cleanliness: To ensure that the campus remains clean, agencies approved by the government of Gujarat have given the contract to ensure the campus remains clean.
- Resources for NSS: Gardening tools and other items necessary for NSS activities are available here.
- Placement Centre: Placement and career counseling centres are available to guide the students to grab all opportunities and have a bright future.
- Resources for Cultural Activities: For different cultural activities, various musical instruments and other items necessary are also present in the college.
- Common Room: Comfortable seating arrangement, indoor activities, and basic amenities are also available in the Girl’s common room.
- AC Seminar Hall: With 200 seating capacity and a fully AC auditorium, equipped with a stage, LCD projector, and Wi-Fi facilities, the public address system is also there in the college premises.
- Security: Agencies approved by the government of Gujarat, the Security contract is given to these agencies. The security persons keep a close observe on college 24*7. The parking system is maintained by them and also keep an eye on campus so that the anti-ragging system is followed
Government Commerce College Gandhinagar FAQs
Ques. How is the faculty of Government Commerce College Gandhinagar?
Ans. Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) appoints permanent faculties and the central recruitment committee of the higher education department appoints contractual faculties. 7 faculties are Ph. D., a total of 4 faculties are M. Phil., Five faculties have passed NET, 5 faculties have passed GSLET, PTI is M. Phil., GSLET and librarian have also passed NET. In the academic area, overall performance and contribution is excellent and helps the students to score well.
Ques. How can we reach Government Commerce College, Gandhinagar?
Ans. From Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation it is located approx 2.7 km away and can reach between 10 to 30 min. depending upon how much traffic there is. From Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel International airport, Government Commerce College, Gandhinagar is situated 22 km away and takes 30 min approx
Ques. Who controls admission in PG level at Government Commerce College Gandhinagar?
Ans. Gujarat University controls PG level admission and is done Online on a merit basis
Ques. How does Government Commerce College Gandhinagar decide which student can get UG level admissions?
Ans. The College has formed an admission community for UG level admission. College provides equal opportunities to deserving and those who meet the eligibility criterion, and give admission on a first come first basis irrespective of caste, creed, and number of attempts and merit at the HSC level.
Ques. What all documents are required for admission at Government Commerce College Gandhinagar?
Ans. It is advisable to keep a checklist of documents described below ready to make sure you keep 3-4 attested copies of documents described below, ready for your convenience:
- 10th scorecard and passing certificate
- Birth certificate
- 12th scorecard and passing certificate
- B.Com, BBA and BA Economics degree certificate whichever applicable in case of applying for Postgraduate program i.e. M.Com
- Latest passport size photographs (at least 2)
- SC/ ST Certificate if applicable
- Attested Character certificate from the institute last attended
- Transfer certificate
- A Migration certificate is necessary for the student of another state
- Aadhar card
Ques. How are Government Commerce College Gandhinagar Placements?
Ans. Some of the top recruiters like LIC of India, Tech Mahindra, IDFC Bank, and many more companies come here for placements. Students were guided by various experts of different subjects for building up the career of the students through clearing various competitive examinations through Career Counselling Centre.
Ques. Does Government Commerce College Gandhinagar offer a scholarship?
Ans. Samaj Kalyan (SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC Scholarship through State Government) program has benefited many students. As a government college helps many depriving students to raise and have fair opportunities. Scholarships are according to the guidelines stated by the state government and the university and college rules.
Ques. Why Choose Government Commerce College, Gandhinagar?
Ans. A very old government institute approx. 50 years old with so much experience in the commerce field.
- It is having experienced faculty having Ph.D., M.Phil, and NET qualified faculty, under the guidance of which student can academically perform well.
- It also has a UDISHA cell, which organizes various kinds of career guidance by famous and knowledgeable persons.
- It also organizes seminars and workshops
- ODISHA cell organizes industrial visits for students to experience real-life scenarios of the industrial world.
- Finishing school program also introduced by UDISHA cell to develop the overall personality of a student. In this students learn communication skill, life skill, Interview facing, and resume writing, Basic English by highly paid and experienced corporate trainers.
- Being a government institute fees is also less as compared to the private institute.