Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore is a Private College which was established in the year 1996 by the Ujwal Trust with the objective of providing art and design education in an environment of creativity to maximize the individual’s potential. The college is fully affiliated to Bengaluru Central University. The school promotes interdisciplinary platforms as a mode of inquiry and creative action. This applies not only to the disciplines of art and design but also to the social and natural sciences - pure and applied, cultural and contextual diversity, community and commerce, traditional and avant-garde.
- The vision of the school is “Education is beyond instruction and skill; that knowledge is inherently integrated and complex and, hence, learning must be embedded in real-world problems and situations”
- The mission of the school is “Facilitated by its organizational structure – a “community of learners” comprising industry-experienced faculty and energetic students who continually explore and experiment with art and design pedagogies, aesthetics, values and innovative practices”
- School offers undergraduate, postgraduate as well as Ph.D. programs. It offers design education in Film, Visual Communication & Strategic Branding, Experimental Media Arts, Design in Education, Animation, and Visual Effects, Interaction Design, Product and Interface Design, Furniture and Spatial Design, and many more.
To know more, click Shrishti School of Design Admission Process
Srishti School of Design Highlights:
Bengaluru Central University
CA Site No. 16, Behind NIPCCD Building, Off Doddaballapur Road), Yelahanka New Town
Bangalore - 560106, Karnataka, India
Srishti School of Design Courses & Admission 2019:
Under Shrishti Admission 2019, the college offers various professional and technical programs in varied durations at UG, PG, PGD, and Research levels. At UG level, there are many B.Voc (3 Years), B.Des and B.F.A. (4 Years) courses in numerous specializations whereas at PG level, M.Des, M.F.A., M.Plan, and M.A. courses are offered by the college with a duration of 2 years or 4 semesters. Apart from that, a Postgraduate diploma carrying 1 year of duration is provided by the college.
Ph.D. programs in Art and Design are offered by the college worth affiliated by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (Manipal University) with a duration of three to five years.
Check: Shrishti College Bangalore Fee Structure
Srishti Institute of Art, Design & Technology Schools:
There are following schools under which the programs are offered by the college so far:
- School of Media, Arts, and Sciences (SMAS)
- School of Design, Business, and Technology (SDBT)
- School of New Humanities and Design (SNHD)
- School of Law, Environment and Planning (SLEP)
- School of Advanced Studies and Research (SASR)
- School of Continuing, Open and Professional Education (SCOPE)
- School of Foundation & Preparatory Studies (SFPS)
Srishti School of Design Research:
- Center for Education, Research, Training, and Development (CERTAD)
- Center for Experimental Media Arts
- Center for Public History (CPH)
- Center for Process Oriented Psychology (CPOP)
Srishti School of Design Festivals:
- A Festival of Kabir- The festival provided an opportunity for audiences to experience the joy of Kabir in song, while engaging with the radically transformative power of his poetry, creating moments of reflection on ideas of cultural identity and social divisions, death and impermanence, oral traditions and the nature of knowledge.
- Mediating modernity in the 21st century- This festival was hosted by Srishti School of Art, Design, and Technology, Bangalore & school of arts and communication, University of Malmo, Sweden. This festival brings together artists, academics, activists, and practitioners to consider how modernity is mediated in the 21st century via a trans-disciplinary framework.