Burdwan Medical College (BMC), West Bengal was established in the year 1969. The college is recognized by MCI and is affiliated to the West Bengal University of Health Science. The aim of this college is to produce excellent doctors by imparting knowledge and skills in the field of medical science. Presently, the college offers the MBBS program at UG level and MD, MS program at PG level.
BMC Burdwan Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1969 | Public|
|Courses offered||UG & PG|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
BMC Burdwan Courses
The College offers undergraduate & post-graduate programs in the field of medical sciences. The courses with details are mentioned below:
|MBBS||-||10+2 in PCB with 50% in aggregate|
|MD||General Medicine, Paediatrics, Anaesthesiology, Pathology, Community Medicine, Physiology, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Psychiatric Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Venereology and Leprosy, O & G||MBBS|
|MS||General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, ENT||MBBS|
BMC Burdwan Admission
The admission to Burdwan Medical College is based on the performance of candidates on Entrance Tests. Candidates need to apply for admission as per the guidelines of the West Bengal University of Health Science. The admission procedure is different for each course. The selection criteria for the courses are mentioned below:
- MBBS selection is done on the basis of scores obtained in NEET-UG conducted by NTE.
- For PG courses candidates need to qualify NEET-PG conducted by NBE. The higher the scores, the higher will be their position in the merit list.
- NEET UG qualified candidates are allowed to receive the form
- Make the payment of application fee through challan
- Collect the form in person from the university
- Fill out all the required details in the form correctly
- Attach the medical fitness certificate and another document
- Submit the form at the university
- Candidates have to visit the website of the university
- Fill in the application form
- Upload the required documents
- Pay the application fee through credit card, debit card or banking
- Submit the application form
Read more: Burdwan Medical College Admission
BMC Burdwan Facilities
The college has excellent infrastructure and all the necessary amenities. Some of the facilities are listed below:
- AC Classrooms: All the classrooms are fully air-conditioned providing a comfortable learning environment to the students
- Library: The College has a fully-equipped library with a wide variety of books for everyone to read.
- Hostel: There are separate well-furnished hostels for boys and girls. The hostels have all the facilities for the comfort of students
- Cafeteria: A cafeteria is present on campus for the students to hang out. It provides good quality hygienic food at a reasonable price
- Auditorium: The College has an auditorium where the students can enjoy all exciting events organized by the college
- Computer Lab: Fully-equipped with Wi-Fi facilities, there’s a lab where the students can explore their likings over the web.
Read more Burdwan Medical College Hostel
BMC Burdwan FAQs
Ques: Is Burdwan Medical College good?
Ans: Yes, the college is a leading medical institute. It has a very good infrastructure.
Ques: Are the marks range 440-445 safe to get BMC in NEET 2019?
Ans: No. To get BMC in NEET 2019, expected marks should be 515-520.
Ques: What are the safe marks of the NEET 2019 in the West Bengal state to achieve any other government medical college for an MBBS?
Ans: As per the trend and the toughness of the 2019 question paper, any score north of 510 is a good score.