Globsyn Business School (GBS) is recognized as India’s First Corporate B-School located in Kolkata. Globsyn Business School (GBS) boasts 100% placements since its inception. With over 360+ corporate relations, in the last academic year, over 80 national and international corporations like Amazon, Nestle India, PwC, Parle, TCS, ITC Ltd., etc. More than 300 recruiters regularly visit the institute for campus recruitment. GBS Kolkata offers courses at the post-graduate level. Admission to these courses is done on the basis of management entrance tests on the basis of the cut off criteria of the institute.
Admission to Globsyn Business School is going on. Apply Now
Globsyn Business School Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2002 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ JEMAT
|Type of Programs||PG|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based + Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Nestle India, PwC, Parle, TCS, ITC Ltd., Asian Paints, OYO|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
Globsyn Business School Awards
- Globsyn Business School has been ranked among the top 60 Business School in India (amongst 3000 registered B-Schools) and Top 6 in the East by MBA Universe Ranking 2020, along with IIM Calcutta, XLRI Jamshedpur, IIM Sambalpur, KIIT Bhubaneshwar, and IMI Bhubaneshwar.
- Globsyn Business School has been featured as ‘College of the Year, 2019’ for PGDM (Marketing) by Siliconindia magazine.
- Globsyn Business School has been ranked among the Top 5 B-Schools in Eastern India as per Business India’s Best B-Schools Survey 2019 with IIM Calcutta, XLRI Jamshedpur, Vinod Gupta School of Management IIT Kharagpur and XIM Bhubaneshwar.
- Globsyn Business School has been recognized as the ‘Academic Partner of the Year, 2019’, by a University endorsed by the Government of Malaysia, amongst other partners from Vietnam, Sri Lanka, China, Nigeria and Ghana at Kuala Lampur, Malaysia.
- Globsyn Business School has been conferred with the title of ‘Most Preferred B-School of the Year – East’ at the esteemed 12th EduShine Excellence Awards 2019, organized by the Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
- Globsyn has been conferred with the West Bengal Best Employer Brand Awards 2018, organized by Employer Branding Institute and World HRD Congress.
- Globsyn Business School is conferred with the esteemed Education Excellence Awards 2018, organized by the ASSOCHAM, for being the ‘Best B-School in Placements’ for 2018.
- Globsyn Business School won at the National Innovation Award organized by Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industries of India (ASSOCHAM) for the Outstanding Institution adopting ‘Innovation in Pedagogy 2018’.
- Globsyn Business School was awarded as Best Business School of the Year (East) at the 8th Indian Education Awards 2018 organized by Franchise India.
- Globsyn Business School is ranked among the Top 5 B-Schools in Eastern India as per Business India’s Best B-Schools Survey 2017.
- Globsyn Business School has been conferred with the prestigious Gurukul Award for being the Best MBA College (Non-IIM) during 2015-16.
- Globsyn Business School has been recognized as the Best B-school providing Human Resources (HR) specialization at the Human Resource Excellence Award organized by The Times of India and Genius Consultants Ltd.
- Globsyn Business School wins ‘Best B-School using Technology in Training/Education’ award for two successive years.
- Globsyn Business School wins Dainik Bhaskar B-School Leadership Award.
Globsyn Business School Courses
Tabulated below are the courses offered by the B-School:
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)||Graduation from recognized Institute/ University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate|
|Valid score in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ ATMA|
|PGPM-IB + MBA||Graduate in any discipline|
A valid CAT/MAT/XAT/JEMAT scorecard
Know more: Globsyn Business School Courses & Fees
Globsyn Business School Admissions
The school offers both online and offline mode of application to the candidates. One can either apply online or can also download the form from the official website. Following are criteria for the selection process (weightage for different criteria are specified):
|Score in CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA||35|
|Past Academic Performance (X, XII, UG, PG, etc.)||10|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview||45|
|Extra-Curricular, Academic Diversity, Gender Diversity||10|
Note: The Management Entrance Test score doesn’t play a significant role in the admission process. The selection of the candidate is done on the basis of his performance in all of the above-mentioned criteria.
Click here: Globsyn Business School Admissions
Globsyn Business School Scholarship
Globsyn Business School has announced scholarship of worth around INR 50 lacs for students of its post-graduate management programs as a part of National Scholarship Program in multiple categories. Globsyn Business School offers the following scholarships to meritorious and deserving students:
- Merit Scholarship
- Sports Scholarship
- Arts Scholarship
- Economic Scholarship
Read more: Globsyn Business School Scholarship
Globsyn Business School Placements
The hard work and efforts of the GBS Placement team has lead more than 450 organizations from various industry verticals like Automobiles, Advertising, Banking, Consultancy, Chemical & Paints, Consumer Durables, NBFCs, FMCG, Insurance, Hardware, Media and Retail to absorb the students of GBS, both during the final placements and the summer internship. Few of the domestic brands & large MNC visiting the campus for their recruitment drives are Citi Bank, Amazon, TOI Group, Loreal, Pepsico, Nielsen, and E&Y.
In the recent placement drive for 2020, GBS boasted of a 100% success rate in its Campus Recruitment Programme and Summer Internship Programme. Following are the highlights of the placement drive:
- Highest Package: INR 16.70 LPA
- Top 10 Average Package: INR 9.60 LPA
- Top 25 Average Package: INR 7.44 LPA
- Top 100 Average Package: INR 5.02 LPA
- Job Opportunities: 912
- Top Recruiters: ITC Limited, Benetton India, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, Reckitt
Benckiser, CavinKare, Bennett Coleman & Company Ltd. (Times Group), Yes Bank, Dabur India, ICICI Bank, Bandhan Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Airtel, OYO, BYJU’s, Jaro TopScholars, Lido, RS Software and Step2Strategy
Read more: Globsyn Business School Placements
Globsyn Business School Faculty
GBS Kolkata has well qualified and experienced faculty members. The institute has 7 Ph.D degree holders and 9 MBA degree holders. Many faculty members have graduated from abroad schools like Cranfield Business School, UK, Wharton Business School, US, and North Staffordshire, UK. All the faculty members have more than 8 years of experience in their fields. The institute has 4 PGDM degree holders.
Click here: GBS Faculty