Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology (NIET), located in Nalgonda district of Telangana was established in 2001. The college offers 10 courses across 2 streams – Engineering and Management. The degrees offered are B.Tech, M.Tech, and M.B.A. Admission for UG students is done through certain eligibility criteria along with an admission test - TS-EAMCET and JEE Main. PG students do not require admission tests but certain eligibility criteria have to be followed, along with a relevant Bachelor's degree in the respective field. The applications are available online.
Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Establishment Date | Institute Type||1997 | Private|
|Affiliation||Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University|
|Courses offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, and MBA|
|Entrance exam||TS-EAMCET and JEE Main|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance and Merit-Based|
|Additional Facilities and Infrastructure||Canteen, Laboratories, Medical Facilities, Placement, Sports, Gym facilities, etc.|
|Official Email IDemail@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Office Phone No.||040-68888222, 040-23393062|
Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Courses
NIET offers three degrees – B.Tech in UG level, and M.Tech, MBA at PG level.
|B.Tech||Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science And Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 in science stream
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (TS EAMCET)
Intake: 60 seats
|M.Tech||Specializations: Computer-Aided Design, Computer Science And Engineering, Software Engineering, Structural Engineering, Vlsi Design
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduate in B.E./ B.Tech equivalent degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks.
Selection Criteria: Merit Based Intake: 18 seats
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Intake: 60 seats
Read More: NIET Fee Structure
Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Admission
The admission to the courses is both merit and entrance based.
How to Apply?
- Collect the application form from the college by paying the required fee.
- Fill the form with relevant details and attach the documents as asked.
- Submit the duly filled application form to the college.
Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Placements
The college offers a variety of placement opportunities to the students. The numbers have been less but in recent years, after the accreditation at the National level, many international students have started studying and placement opportunities have improved. A placement cell provides training and grooming to students. In-campus and off-campus interviews and internships are regularly held to train the students for future jobs. The highest package offered is approx. INR 4.5 LPA. The average salary includes packages of INR 1.8 to INR 2 LPA.
Frequently visited companies who invest in the students of the college are as follows-
- Mahindra Satyam
- Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL)
- Tech Mahindra
- APP LABS (CSC)
Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Facilities
The college provides several facilities for the maximum help of the students. Some of these facilities include the following.
- Library: The library has 21 workstations and a good collection of books and study materials. Students are also provided with free internet facilities from the library.
- Cafeteria: Food is available at affordable prices. The cafeteria is open for fixed hours every day.
- Exclusive Waiting Halls: Students can get refreshed or take a break in these halls. They are separately available for girls and boys.
- Seminar Halls: These are specially constructed for having lectures by visiting faculty members of expertise and for conducting various programs.
- Hostel: The hostel facilities have improved in recent years because of the expansion of rooms and beds. Accommodation facilities are good and available at affordable rates. Free internet is provided, along with other necessary supplies like electricity, water, T.V., etc. The NGI Boys Hostel is located nearby and provides a second home for the students of NIET. Many outside students live here from states like Gujarat, Assam, Delhi, Manipur, etc.
- Sports Complex: There is a vast playground for cricket, volleyball, football, and other games. A game room is available that is enjoyed playing various indoor games like chess, tennis, etc. Students are encouraged to take part in sports and games.
- Shuttle Service: Students have the privilege to use college transport to travel to any corner of the twin cities. The college provides 18 buses that are available daily from various points of the campus. The transport is very well maintained by the administration cell and helps with transportation facilities for students, staff, and faculty members of the college.
Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology Faculty
The faculty is known to be very friendly by most students. The college houses some of the best professors who are highly trained in their departments. The faculty includes around 5 Ph.D. members and around 139 non-Ph.D members. The principal is Dr. Mohammed Sanaullah Qaseem, with an academic experience of 9 years, and a degree in M. Tech and Ph.D. The principal has a track record in placements and handles the institution very well. The infrastructure provided by the college is also excellent. Classrooms are upgraded modern technologies for better understanding and practical oriented education for the students. Laboratories have excellent features and lab assistants are very helpful towards students.
Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques. What are the total fees for a B.Tech degree at Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. The total fees for pursuing a B.Tech degree from NIET are INR 156,000 for 4 years.
Ques. What exam pattern does the Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology follow?
Ans. Every NIET examination for semesters and entrance are carried out under the rules set out by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University. The college follows the guidelines and patterns instructed by the JNTU. The syllabus for entrance examinations is available on the Internet.
Ques. I want to sit for the entrance exam for B.Tech at Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology. Where do I get the application form?
Ans. The application form for the B.Tech entrance exam will be available online on the official website of TS EAMCET tentatively from the last week of February 2021.
Ques. Is there ragging and harassment on the premises of Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. Ragging and harassment are strictly prohibited. Anybody found to do so is met with circumstances. The college has been taking stricter actions in recent years because of several ragging cases that have occurred within the campus.
Ques. Are there any concessions available for fees and marks at Nizam Institute of Engineering and Technology?
Ans. Concessions for fees are available for students who have economic backwardness. Relaxation in marks is applicable for the economically backward, reserved category, and physically disabled students. However, special requests have to be made for any extra concession for legitimate reasons. The college may accept requests if administration guidelines allow.