Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (VIMSAR) is a medical college, established in the year 1959. The institute is one of the oldest institute imparting higher education in medical science. VIMSAR is located in Burla. VIMSAR is a Government run college. It is regulated and monitored by the Medical Council of India. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate programme in medical sciences. VIMSAR is committed to producing accredited graduates who are innovative, analytical, contributing to the health, educational, cultural, economic and natural environment of the society we serve.
Type of University
Medical Council of India
Laboratories, Hostels, Library, Gymnasium, Banks, Hall of Learning
Departments at VIMSAR
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of F.M.T
- Department of Pathology
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of E.N.T., etc
VIMSAR Courses and Eligibility Criteria
VIMSAR Undergraduate programme
- VISAR offers 5-years, full-time MBBS programme.
- Students who have passed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 55% are eligible for the programme.
VIMSAR Post-graduate programme
- VIMSAR offers MD and MS programme in various fields.
- The students who have completed their undergraduate from a recognized university are eligible for the postgraduate programme.
VIMSAR Paramedical programme
VIMSAR also offers paramedical courses like:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
- Diploma in Medical Radiology Technology (MRT)
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)
Know more about VIMSAR courses and fees
- Admissions at VIMSAR is completely competitive.
- Admissions are done through an entrance exam.
- The basic admission criteria are based on the merit list based on NEET-UG and NEET-PG for the undergraduate and postgraduate exam.
- For MBBS programme, students are also selected as per AIPMT ranking.
- MD/MS students are also selected from as per their ranking in AIPGEE.
- Students can apply online for the above-mentioned courses.
Know more about VIMSAR admissions
- VIMSAR is one of the oldest medical colleges.
- It provides the best faculties who offers higher medical practices.
- College is equipped with all the necessities needed for medical studies.
- College provides all the extra facilities and safety needed by the students.