North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) is located in Shillong and set up in 1987, under the Ministry Of Health And Family Welfare. The institute is the third institute for postgraduate medical sciences in the country. In 2000, the institute was declared an “Institute of National Importance'' by former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This institute provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine.
- The last date for submission of the application form for admission to MBBS against all 18 NE Category seats in NEIGRIHMS has been postponed to November 12, 2020, which earlier was November 20, 2020.
- The Merit List for M.Sc. Nursing Admissions 2020 has been released for candidates working in and passed out from NEIGRIHMS, and for the open category as well.
- On November 20, 2020, NEIGRIHMS released an Allotment Letter regarding Provisional Allotment of 18 MBBS seats under NE Open Category based on Merit in NEET-UG 2020. Candidates need to make a payment of INR 6,020 via account transfer towards the Admission Fee on or before November 25, 2020. The Counselling session will start on December 15, 2020.
- North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong released the application form for North East Open Category seats for admission to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Program for the academic session 2020-21. Apply Now The last date to submit the application forms for NEIGRIHMS Shillong MBBS is November 20, 2020, and the admission processing fee is INR 500.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, NEIGRIHMS canceled the entrance exam for B.Sc and M.Sc (Nursing) which were earlier scheduled for September 12 & 13, 2020. The institute announced on September 7, 2020, that the admissions for 2020 will be held on the basis of merits obtained by the candidates in the qualifying examination. The last date for the document submission was September 21, 2020.
- NEIGRIHMS Shillong MD and MS admission 2020 were based on NEET PG 2020 exam scores which were held on January 5, 2020. The first e-counseling for the program was held from May 12-16, 2020.
NEIGRIHMS Shillong Admission 2021
|Application forms available on the official website||October 22, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Application forms||November 20, 2020|
|List of candidates to be Published||December 10, 2020|
|First Counseling and admission||To be announced|
|B.Sc & M.Sc (Nursing) entrance exam 2020||Canceled|
At the UG level, the institute offers MBBS degrees and a B.Sc. nursing course. Both of these UG programs are 4 years and 6 months long. Candidates who have passed higher secondary education with relevant subjects are eligible to apply for UG programs.
For postgraduate education, the institute offers MD/MS programs. Apart from these courses, the institute NEIGRIHMS Shillong also offers Super Speciality courses.
The admission to NEIGRIHMS is strictly entrance-based. All the selections will be based on the marks obtained by the students in NEET 2020. For UG, PG, and Super Speciality, the entrance examinations are NEET-UG, NEET-PG, and NEET-SS respectively. Candidates can apply online for NEET 2020.
NEIGRIHMS Shillong Admission Highlight 2021
|Name of Institute||North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong|
|Popular Name||NEIGRIHMS Shillong|
|Institute Type||Government institute|
|Affiliations||North Eastern Hill University|
|Recognized by||Medical Council of India|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-Based|