North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Science (NEIGRIHMS), located in Shillong, Meghalaya is a medical institute established by Govt. of India in the year 1987. NEIGRIMS is an Autonomous Institute affiliated to the Northern Eastern Hill University, Shillong. At UG level, the institute offers MBBS and B.Sc. (Nursing) courses and at PG level, they offer MD/MS and M.Sc. (Nursing) courses.
- The last date for submission of the application form for admission to MBBS against all 18 NE Category seats in NEIGRIHMS has been postponed to November 12, 2020, which earlier was November 20, 2020.
- The Merit List for M.Sc. Nursing Admissions 2020 has been released for candidates working in and passed out from NEIGRIHMS, and for the open category as well.
- On November 20, 2020, NEIGRIHMS released an Allotment Letter regarding Provisional Allotment of 18 MBBS seats under NE Open Category based on Merit in NEET-UG 2020. Candidates need to make a payment of INR 6,020 via account transfer towards the Admission Fee on or before November 25, 2020. The Counselling session will start on December 15, 2020.
- North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong released the application form for North East Open Category seats for admission to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Program for the academic session 2020-21. Apply Now The last date to submit the application forms for NEIGRIHMS Shillong MBBS is November 20, 2020, and the admission processing fee is INR 500.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, NEIGRIHMS canceled the entrance exam for B.Sc and M.Sc (Nursing) which were earlier scheduled for September 12 & 13, 2020. The institute announced on September 7, 2020, that the admissions for 2020 will be held on the basis of merits obtained by the candidates in the qualifying examination. The last date for the document submission was September 21, 2020.
- NEIGRIHMS Shillong MD and MS admission 2020 were based on NEET PG 2020 exam scores which were held on January 5, 2020. The first e-counseling for the program was held from May 12-16, 2020.
NEIGRIHMS Shillong Admission 2020
|Application forms available on the official website||October 22, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Application forms||November 20, 2020|
|List of candidates to be Published||December 10, 2020|
|First Counseling and admission||To be announced|
|B.Sc & M.Sc (Nursing) entrance exam 2020||Canceled|
|NEET PG entrance exam 2020||January 5, 2020|
|MD/ MS 1st e-counseling 2020 registration||May 12-16, 2020|
|Declaration of selected students from the 1st list||May 21, 2020|
Admission to courses at the institute is based on entrance exams such as NEET-UG/ NEET-PG/ NEET SS. NEET UG has been postponed to 11th Sept, 2020 recently due to Covid-19 pandemic.
Read More: NEIGRIHMS Reviews
NEIGRIHMS Shillong Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1987 | Government|
|Affiliation||North Eastern Hill University|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
NEIGRIHMS Shillong Courses
The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Science offers B.Sc. in Nursing, MBBS, MS/MD, M.Ch., DM courses in various streams.
Read More NEIGRIHMS Shillong Courses and Fees
NEIGRIHMS Shillong Admission
Entrance is the prerequisite for admission into various courses offered by the Institution. The application process for applying at the institute is online.
- Students can visit the official website of the college at http://neigrihms.gov.in/.
- Register to apply for the preferred course.
- Fill the online form available on the website of the institute and make the payment for the form.
- Register for the NEET UG examination or any other based on the courses opted and download the admit card when available.
- Appear for the exam.
- Wait for the cut-off for the academic year to get release.
- Once the cut-offs are declared, eligible candidates will be called for counselling.
- Submit the documents for verification and get admitted post completion of it.
Read More NEIGRIHMS Shillong Admission
NEIGRIHMS Shillong Facilities
- Library- The Central Library at the institute has a collection of 25565 (Twenty-five thousand five hundred and sixty-five) books arranged department wise. It also has a good collection of Non-Book materials like CD-ROMs and Slides, etc.
- Hostel- The institute has a hostel facility for its students with reasonable hostel fees and other facilities like clean rooms, 24/7 electricity, mess food, etc.
- Medical aid and Blood Bank- The institute has a blood bank and 24/7 operated medical facilities for its students inside the campus.
Read More NEIGRIHMS Shillong Hostel
NEIGRIHMS Shillong FAQs
Ques. Is the institute private?
Ques. What are the courses offered at the institute?
Ques. What are the entrance exams required for admission to the college?
Ques. Does the college have a hostel facility?
Ques. Does the institute provide scholarships?