Gandhi Medical College is a leading medical college in Bhopal established in 1955. The college offers M.B.B.S, M.Ch in Paediatric Surgery, M.Ch in Plastic Surgery, M.Sc. in Medical Biochemistry, MS, MD, Diploma in various courses, and paramedical courses in almost 10 departments. To be eligible for Admission at Gandhi Medical College, one must have a cut-off score in NEET (for MBBS). Students can apply online as well as offline mode.
Read More: Gandhi Medical College cut off rank
Gandhi Medical College Highlights
|Established |Institute Type||1955 | Government|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
|Set By||Government of India|
|Courses offered||MBBS, MS/MD, Diploma, Paramedical|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance and Merit-based|
|Popular Courses||MBBS, MS/ MD|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Entrance Exam||NEET-UG, NEET-PG|
Gandhi Medical College Courses
Duration: 4.5 years + 1-year internship
Eligibility: Qualifying NEET UG Entrance exam
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Qualifying NEET PG entrance exam
Specializations: Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Obst & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Radio-Diagnosis, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, General Medicine, General Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology, Radiotherapy, Microbiology, Respiratory Medicine
Duration: 2 Years
Specializations: Gynecology Obstetrics, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Radiodiagnosis, Ophthalmology, Perfusionist
Eligibility: B.Sc in a relevant medical science discipline with 45% marks
Paramedical Certificate course
Duration: 1 Year
Eligibility: 10+2 (PCB Science Stream)
Specializations: OT Technician, X-ray Radiographer, Health Inspector.
Paramedical Diploma course
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 10+2 (PCB Science stream)
Specializations: Cath Lab Technician, Medical Lab Technician, Para Ophthalmic Assistant, X-ray Radiographer, Dialysis Technician.
Read More: Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal Fees
Gandhi Medical College Admissions
The admission to the MBBS program at the college is through NEET-UG.
- All the Candidates should be registered at the official portal of the Department of Medical Education Madhya Pradesh to be considered for NEET Counselling at college.
- The applicant of the college must have secured 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/BioTech (PCB) combined in their 10+2 or Higher secondary certificate examination by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or the equivalent exam conducted by State Board.
For admission in MD/ MS, the candidate must have completed their MBBS from a university recognized by the Medical Council of India along with the internship of a period of one year.
- The candidate can apply based on their NEET-PG scorecard and fulfill the criteria of Merit in their NEET-PG examination.
- The application process is mainly through online mode for MBBS/ MD/ MS courses.
Candidates applying for admission to Paramedical PG Diploma, Diploma, and Certificate course should apply offline. The steps for offline application is as given below:
- Download the application form from the college website
- Fill in the details
- Attach the mandatory documents (mentioned below)
- Pay the application fee of INR 200 through Demand Draft favoring “C.E.O., Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal” payable to Dean, GMC Bhopal.
- Submit the application form via post or in person.
- The information regarding admission for PG Diploma and Paramedical courses will be updated on the college website which includes the issuance of admission form and its submission followed by the publication of merit list and admission.
- The admission to the college for these courses is on a merit basis.
Read More: Gandhi Medical College Admission
Gandhi Medical College Facilities
Gandhi Medical College boasts of a good modern infrastructure for its students and faculty. Here are some of the highlights:
- Hostel: There are a total of 8 hostels (3 for girls and 5 for boys). The total number of rooms in two girls’ hostels is 176 which can accommodate 252 girls. Similarly, the number of rooms in four boys’ hostels is 275 with an admitting capacity of 450 boys.
- Lecture Theatres: A total of 4 lecture theatres each with a capacity of 180 students and is equipped with modern teaching equipment and technology
- Examination Hall: Three examination hall having a capacity of 250 seats.
- Common Rooms: Common rooms for both boys and girls with a capacity of 50 people each.
- Library: The library is within the college building and has all the latest editions of books and journals for both UG and PG students. The facility of E-learning is also available
- Auditorium: The auditorium has a capacity of 900 students and is equipped with audio and visual facilities.
Gandhi Medical College FAQs
Ques. Does Gandhi Medical College provide internships for MBBS students?
Ans. Yes, the college provides students with an internship in its Hospital and gives a stipend of INR 10,000.
Ques. Are there any scholarships available?
Ans. Scholarships are available for candidates of reserved category as per the norms of Medical Council of India.
Ques. Does the college have extra-curricular activities?
Ans. The college has cultural and literary societies and also hosts an annual fest called Reviver.
Ques. What are the documents required during the time of admission?
Ans. The documents required during the time of admissions are:
- Marks sheet of class 12th
- B.Sc. mark list (for PG Diploma Perfusionist course)
- School Leaving Certificate
- Migration or Transfer Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Caste Certificate (For SC/ST/OBC candidates)
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Two sets of attested photocopies of each above-mentioned certificate
Ques. What are the facilities provided to students in the hostel?
Ans. Hostels are provided with a mess, water coolers, Purifiers, recreation rooms, gymnasium, and other facilities. Additional accommodation for working women is also available in two separate hostels one 100 bedded and another 200 bedded.