Government Doon Medical College Dehradun is affiliated with the H. N. B. Uttarakhand Medical Education University and recognized by the Medical Council of India. Government Doon Medical College, Dehradun was started to serve students with the best ayurvedic care. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs (MBBS). Admission to the course is done on the basis of NEET-UG. Admission to which is merit-based. Applicants may apply online for the admission process.
Read More: Government Doon Medical College Cut off
Government Doon Medical College Highlight
|Established | Type||2016 | Government|
|Affiliated by||H. N. B. Uttarakhand Medical Education University, Dehradun (HNBGU)|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI).|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
|Name of the Entrance||NEET UG|
Government Doon Medical College Courses
The College offers quality medical programs under the supervision of highly qualified faculty and state of the art infrastructure. The College is famous for its undergraduate medical programs:
Duration: 5 and a half years.
Eligibility: 10+2 exam by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any equivalent exam conducted by any State Board or Equivalent.
Selection Criteria: Merit-based on performance in the NEET-UG examination.
Read More: GDMC Fees Structure
Government Doon Medical College Admission
The college invites applications for the MBBS program in offline mode. The students are selected on the basis of NEET UG score. The minimum eligibility for MBBS is 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English from a Central/State Government recognized board
Candidates must pass 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks (for the unreserved category), 45% (for Physically Handicapped (PH), unreserved), and 40% (for reserved category).
Read More: Government Doon Medical College Admission
Government Doon Medical College Placement
The university provides good placements and internship offers to students. Government Doon Medical College places students in well-reputed companies with a good salary package. It also adds internship and training programs which include Group Discussions, Communication Skills Workshop, Mock Interviews, etc.
Government Doon Medical College Scholarship
The scholarships acknowledge the merit and talent of students. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the start of the academic year. College may award a scholarship to a worthy candidate under the following categories.
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students going to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to worthy pupils.
- Merit & National Scholarships for intelligent students under Central & State Govt.
Government Doon Medical College offers skills and knowledge-based courses. The comprehensive study material for each course and fixed scheme of examination and prompt declaration of result is totally a plus point. It offers placement in reputed companies with good salary packages. Courses on personality development are also available.
Government Doon Medical College FAQs
Ques. What are the freeze, float, and withdrawal options in the NEET 2020 counseling form?
Ans. If the candidate is satisfied with the allotted college in the form and does not want to be considered for any more rounds of the counseling can use the Freeze option. This is also known as the Lock option. On the other hand, if the candidate is satisfied but also wants to be considered for other colleges and rounds, he can use the Float option. Lastly, if the student is not satisfied with allotted college, and does not want to appear for the subsequent rounds, he can use the withdraw option.
Ques. What are the general details of the NEET exam?
Ans. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) exam is an offline test multiple choice question paper that lasts 3 hours. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It has 3 sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotech. For every correct answer, 4 marks are given and for every wrong, 1 mark is cut.
Ques. Can I apply to this college without the NEET exam?
Ans. No, as for the MBBS course, the NEET examination is necessary as per the guidelines of the Medical College of India.
Ques. What are the documents required while applying for admission?
Ans. Documents Required required during admission are:
- NEET (UG)/ NEET PG admit card & rank letter
- SSLC or 10th Standard / equivalent marks card
- Class XII mark sheet & passing certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Caste/ Community certificate, as applicable
- Migration Certificate, as applicable
- Aadhaar card copy
- Any other document deemed necessary
Ques. Is there some kind of relaxation for students belonging to the SC/ ST category?
Ans. Applicants who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are expected to get marks comparable to at least 40thpercentile to be counted for AIQ and state counseling process.
Ques. What are the facilities available for students?
Ans. The facilities available for the students at Government Doon Medical College are:
- Boys Hostel: The College has a boy’s hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
- Laboratories: The College has a departmental based laboratory facility for the students.
- Girls Hostel: The College has a girl's hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
- Medical/Hospital: The College has a health center with a first aid facility for the students.
- Library: The College has a library facility for all students.
- Sports: The College has sports facilities for all students.
- I.T Infrastructure: The College has an excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students.
- Cafeteria: The College has a canteen facility for staff and students.
- Gym: The College has a Gym facility for the students.