Tezpur Medical College and Hospital is a government institute located in Bihaguri, Tezpur, Assam. It offers a number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses under 22 departments including Physiology, Microbiology, Pathology, Anatomy, Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics, Radiology, Medicine, Psychiatry and more. The college provides quality education and excellent facilities to its students. Admission to this college is based on merit and entrance test.
Tezpur Medical College & Hospital Highlights
|Established | Type||2013 | Public|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
|Set up||Government of Assam|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Campus Area||15,950 sq.mt|
Tezpur Medical College & Hospital Courses
Tezpur Medical College & Hospital offers undergraduate, postgraduate programs to students. A brief about major programs are tabulated below:
|MBBS||Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery||Candidates must have done 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English as compulsory subjects + NEET valid score|
Candidates must have completed M.B.B.S from a recognized institute + NEET valid score
|Obstetrics & Gynecology|
Tezpur Medical College & Hospital Admission
For admission in this institute, the students have to register themselves for the required entrance exam as per the course. The admission process for each course is mentioned below:
- Admission for the MBBS program is based on the merit scored in NEET. The candidates must have a score of an aggregate of 50% minimum in the entrance exam (40% in case of ST/SC/OBC). Candidates can apply for this exam online on the CBSE website by filling the application form and pay the application fees. The Indian candidates should have an Aadhar card and for the Overseas Citizens/Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian origin, passport number is required in the application form of NEET.
- For admission in MD & MS courses, candidates must have the NEET qualifying score. After the declaration of results of the entrance exam, the selected students will be called for counseling.
Following are the step-wise application procedure for admission in Tezpur Medical College:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the National Testing Agency once the notice regarding the availability of NEET forms is issued
Step 2: Fill out the details carefully in the application form, upload the required scanned documents and photo
Step 3: Pay the application fee by using Net-banking/UPI, credit cards, debit cards
Step 4: A confirmation page will appear indicating the successful form submission and the payment is done.
Step 5: Download and print the application form as proof.
- The reservation policy according to the guidelines, issued by Govt. is followed by this college
- For getting admission in a reserved seat, the candidate should provide all the necessary documents as proof of their eligibility for the procedure
- 50% of the total seats of the institute are filled by the management quota
- The admission of the management quota is based on merit scored in the previous qualifying examination.
Know more Tezpur Medical College Admission
Tezpur Medical College Facilities
- Lecture halls: The college consists of modern lecture halls which are air-conditioned and digitalized
- Library: The students are provided the computerized library with a reference section, excellent internet facilities, journal section
- Hostel: The College has well-furnished hostels for UG and PG courses. Both single and double rooms are available. The hostels have all the facilities for the comfort of students. Mess, sports room, common room are also provided within the hostel.
- Cafeteria: The college has cafeteria within the campus which provide good quality food
- Gymnasium: The gym has all the necessary and modern equipment so that the students can stay fit and active. The students can enjoy the indoor games here
Know more Tezpur Medical College Hostel
Tezpur Medical College & Hospital FAQs
Ques: Does Tezpur Medical College provide accommodation?
Ans: Yes, this college has a well-furnished hostel for both UG and PG students. The hostels have all facilities like a sports room, common room, mess, etc. The monthly fees are INR 22000-25000 approximately
Ques: What are the total fees of M.B.B.S at Tezpur Medical College?
Ans: INR 1,35,375 approximately
Ques: Does Tezpur Medical College offer B.Pharma Course?
Ans: No, this college does not provide the B.Pharma course.
Ques: Does Tezpur Medical College offer G.N.M course?
Ans: No, G.N.M course is not available in TMC