The Institute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition, Shimla with its old-world air, quaint charm and a striking view of the Himalayan Range is the perfect ambience for an eager learner. The institute offers a variety of courses like B.SC, Diploma and different Training programs for persons with disability. It also took up a “Hunar se Rojgar tak” project which provides various free courses under the CBSP scheme sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and a few short-term courses as well.
With a well-equipped training and placement cell that helps students with on campus training programs and various other activities to groom them in a professional environment, the students have excelled in getting placed at many well-known chains of hotels like Marriott, Taj Hotels, Radisson, The Oberoi and many more. They have also been placed in various other companies like Air India, Jet Airways and Kingfisher.
Click here IHM Shimla Cut off
IHM Shimla Highlights
|Established | Type||1984 | Central|
|Courses||UG and Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and entrance based|
|Name of Entrance||NCHMCT JEE|
IHM Shimla Courses
Institute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition Shimla offers a number of courses in the field of hospitality. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.Sc||Hospitality and Hotel Administration||Intermediate graduate with English as one of the compulsory subjects|
|Diploma||Food Production||Intermediate graduate with English as one of the compulsory subjects|
|Food and Beverage Service|
|CBSP||Food production||Pass in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination|
|Food and Beverage Service|
|Bakery and Patisserie|
Know more IHM Shimla Courses & Fees
IHM Shimla Admission
The admissions for the respective courses are done through online mode. One can download the application form by clicking on the admission link on the official website. Students must qualify in the 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with English as a compulsory subject.
- For B.Sc course students must qualify the JEE exam conducted by NCHMCT JEE. The age limit is 17-22 for general category students and extendable to 25 years for SC/ST as of July 01 of that year.
- For Diploma courses, the admission is done on the basis of marks obtained in the previous qualifying examination. It will be followed by a personal interview.
Tabulated below are the number of seats reserved for various categories at Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition Shimla:
|Categories||% of seats|
There are many government aided scholarships available and the one stop for answers to all information and queries is National Scholarships Portal.
Read more IHM Shimla Admission
IHM Shimla Placement
The training and Placement cell has done a great job in helping students grow into a professional environment and equip them with skills that give them an edge over their competition. They have also assisted students by arranging placements in leading hotels and allied service sectors by organizing on campus interviews. Prestigious companies visit the institute and hand pick the students. Our top recruiters include Hyatt, IRCTC, ITC Welcomgroup, Radisson Hotels. Mcdonald’s India Ltd, JW Marriott, The Ambassador, Indigo Airlines, Jet Airways & SpiceJet, Domino’s, Taj Palace and many more.
Check IHM Shimla Placement
IHM Shimla Facilities
The institute offers a number of facilities to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members. Following is a brief about the same:
- Hostel: The students are offered with well-equipped facilities like bed, mattress, chair, cupboard, table. They can submit an online application during 1st semester for their preference. Students will be allotted by NCHMCT on the basis of their All India Rank.
- Computer Room: To meet the requirement of computer professionals, the institute has a well equipped computer laboratory. Students are imparted with training to make them aware of the updated technology.
- Library: The institute has a well-stocked library containing over 5000 books, reference books, periodicals, magazines. Both students as well as faculty members can access the resources easily.
Know more IHM Shimla Hostel
IHM Shimla FAQs
Ques. When do I apply for the courses?
Ans. You can apply for the courses after the results of your 10 + 2 or equivalent exam and NCHMCT exam are announced. The dates and schedule for the same will be posted on the official website.
Ques. How do I apply?
Ans. You can apply to the course you want by downloading the application form from the link on the official website.
Ques. How are the hostel facilities at the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition Shimla?
Ans. The institute has a hostel for both boys and girls separately with a capacity of 130 for boys and 68 for girls on a sharing basis, that is, 2-3 students per room. Both hostels have a common lounge area, a cafeteria, Auditorium, Sports and Entertainment facilities and a guest room block.
Ques. What are the documents required for application?
Ans. The documents required are:
- Original and photocopy of 10 + 2 or equivalent examination marksheet
- Original and photocopy Character Certificate
- Original and photocopy Migration Certificate
- Copy of Bank Passbook of Student- for Bank Account Details
- Original and photocopy SC/ST/OBC/EWS Certificates
- Original and photocopy NCHMCT JEE Marksheet
- Institute allotment letter
- 4 latest colour passport size photographs
- Affidavits are required on Rupees 10/- Stamp Paper i.e. Anti-ragging, Attendance and in case of Hostel allotment, affidavit for the Hostel.