Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Silvassa is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India established in the year 2010. It offers a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) degree in hotel and hospitality administration. The program is jointly offered by IGNOU and National Council for Hotel Management. About 80% of students get placed in hospitality and other service sectors through off-campus & on-campus recruitment processes. The institute is spread over an area of 8 acres with excellent infrastructural facilities
IHM Silvassa Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||2010 | Government|
|Affiliation||National Council For Hotel Management|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||NCHMCT-JEE|
|Campus area||8 acres|
IHM Silvassa Courses
The institute offers a bachelor's degree in 3 years' duration in hospitality and hotel management. This course can be taken by anybody who has completed their 10+2 or equivalent program. Here are the details of the course in brief:
|B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration||
Read more: IHM Silvassa Courses and Fees
IHM Silvassa Admission
Admissions to the course are granted on the basis of scores obtained by the students on NCHM JEE. Candidates can apply online for this entrance exam
How to apply?
- Visit the website nchm.nta.nic.in.
- Click on register for NCHM JEE.
- Fill in all the necessary details and documents.
- Pay the fee through any of the available online modes.
- Select the city for giving the examination.
- Once you fill the application form, wait for the admit card released by the website.
IHM Silvassa Placements
The placement cell of this institute is working at its best to place their students in the best companies related to hospitality and hotel management. Up to 80% of students get the benefit of placement in this institute. Most of the students get placed in four and five-star hotels and management institutes.
Some of the companies that participate in on-campus selection include
- Deltin datan
- Oberoi group
- The Taj group
- ITC Grand Maratha
- Four Pints Sheraton etc.
Read more: IHM Silvassa Placement
IHM Silvassa Facilities
- Theory classrooms: All the theory classrooms are smart and are air-conditioned. The students are encouraged to learn by adopting the latest technology in the classrooms.
- Hostel: Separate hostels for boys and girls are available. The hostels are well furnished, maintained, and two people are allowed in each room. It also has a mess facility and recreation facilities in the hostel.
- Library: The library is stacked with books for the students and is fully air-conditioned which provides a peaceful reading environment to the students.
- Training Kitchens: The institute has equipped kitchens managed by experienced faculties to allow students to apply their knowledge in practical sessions. There are 5 types of kitchens which are Basic training kitchen, quantity training kitchen, advance training kitchen, craft kitchen, Bakery, and patisserie.
- Training Restaurant and Bar: This facility enables students to learn the basic techniques and etiquettes required in bars and restaurants. The trainees learn about handling a complaint in restaurants and exchange their knowledge with juniors. In training bars, they can learn about handling procedures of bar and preparation of various mocktails and cocktails.
- Front office lab: This lab is a replica of the lobby of hotels where students are trained in front office skills and software through role-plays, case studies, and hands-on practice respectively.
- Housekeeping lab and laundry: This lab is equipped with essential equipment to teach trainees regarding cleaning procedures in practical sessions. The students are also trained about handling and cleaning procedure of heavy laundry equipment.
- Training Guest room: This is where the students are taught about bed making procedure and cleaning procedures.
- Computer lab: The computer lab helps the students in teaching about front office PMS software and gain hands-on practice on the latest software.
Read more: IHM Silvassa Hostel
IHM Silvassa FAQs
Ques. How are the accommodation facilities at IHM Silvassa?
Ques. How are the faculties of IHM Silvassa?
Ques. How can I contact the administration of IHM Silvassa?
Ques. Which is the entrance exam test pattern for admission at IHM Silvassa?
Ans. NCHM JEE is the exam that has to be written to get admission to this college. The cut-off of the examination varies which can be checked on NTA's website to check your eligibility.
|Subject||Number of questions||Duration|
|English language||60||3 hours|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical aptitude||30|
|Reasoning and logical deduction||30|
|General knowledge and current affairs||30|
|Aptitude for the service sector||50|
All the questions in the examination are of MCQ type and the marking scheme for the same is +4 marks for a correct answer, -1 for an incorrect answer, and 0 marks for unanswered questions.
The results of this exam will be announced on the NTA's website. The cut-offs for the selection in 2020 were 14612th rank at the end of the second round for this institute.
Ques. What are the companies that participate in the on-campus placement drive at IHM Silvassa?