Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for PH (physically handicapped), Divyangjan is a public, autonomous college that was established in 1976 and set up in New-Delhi, Delhi NCR near Purana Qila. The college offers mainly three courses namely BPO, BPT, and BOT across one stream. Admission is based on the CET entrance exam. The application mode is offline.
Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2002 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Approved by||Delhi University|
|Recognized by||Administrative & Financial Control|
|Courses Offered||BPO, BPT, and BOT|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Address||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for the PH Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. Of India, Vishnu Digamber Marg, New Delhi- 110002|
|Facilities Available||Girls Hostels, Boys Hostels, Library, Mess, Laboratories, Medical facilities|
Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped Courses
|B.P.T (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)||
Duration: 4 years and 6 months
|B.O.T (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy)||Duration: 4 years and 6 months
Eligibility: 10+2 with PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English) with not less than 50 % for UR and 5% relaxation in the score for category students
Admission Criteria: Entrance Based
Intake: 59 seats
|B.P.O (Bachelor of Prosthetics & Robotics)||Duration: 4 years and 6 months
Eligibility: 10+2 with PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English)
Admission Criteria: Entrance Based
Intake: 34 seats
Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped Admission
Admission at this college is done based on marks secure in the qualifying exam. A common entrance exam (CET) is conducted for B.P.O, B.P.T, & B.O.T courses by PDUNIPPD as per instruction by Delhi University.
How to Apply?
- Candidates who are seeking to take admission in various courses in Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute must have to qualify in the entrance exam conducted by DU with good marks.
- Before applying for their intended courses, candidates must check the prospectus available on the official portal of the college.
- It is advised to check the filled details in the application very carefully before proceeding next.
- Students can only apply online for various courses.
- After filling in the document & personal details, students now have to upload a scanned self-attested photograph and signature. Before uploading, always check the size range for the photograph & signature as per instruction.
- Payment can be done online either through UPI or Net-banking.
- Students are advised to check the official website regularly for further updates regarding examination notice and admission.
Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped Facilities
- Classrooms: All modern facilities are available in classrooms. Free access to the internet is given to all college students.
- Hostels: Separate boys & girls hostels are available on the college campus. No. of rooms for girls are 42 whereas, for boys, it's only 27. In one room, a maximum of 2 students is permitted to live together.
- Library: The library is fully equipped with books. Students can also get access to E-granthalaya software in which around 500 books of the latest edition are available.
Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped FAQs
Ques. How is Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped Faculty?
Ans. Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped faculties are very helpful and always ready to clear your doubts even after classes.
Ques. What is the entrance-exam pattern of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped?
Ans. A common entrance exam is conducted for all three courses offered by this college. In the examination, Multiple choice questions based on the 10+2 syllabus are asked. The paper consists of 200 questions such as Physics-50, Chemistry-50, Biology/Mathematics-50, and G.K & English-50.
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria and age limit for admission at Pt Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped?
Ans. 5% relaxation is given to OBC/SC/ST/PH or other category students. The minimum age required is 17 as of 28 December 2020 & the maximum age limit is 23 for UR students. While an additional 5 years relaxation is given to all category students.
Ques. What is the fee structure of different courses offered by Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped?
Ans. The fees structure for all three courses namely- B.P.O, B.P.T & B.O.T offered by this college is the same that is- INR 42,100 (for the first year)
Ques. What is the nearest landmark to reach the Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped?
Ans. You can easily reach the college with the help of the famous landmark that is Purana Qila.
Ques. Does Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped provide internships or scholarships to the students?
Ans. Yes, the college provides internships for last year’s students at various hospitals of Delhi and also offers a stipend of INR 4000 to all students. Scholarships are also given to students.
Ques. How are the placements at Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped?
Ans. The placement wing of the college is good as students are allowed to work with the top hospitals of New-Delhi.