National Institute of Design (NID) Bengaluru was established in March 2006. NID was declared as the ‘Institute of National Importance’ in 2014 by the National Institute Design Act 2014 by the Parliament. The main domains which are taught here are Bachelor of Design (B.Des), Master of Design (M.Des), and Doctor of Philosophy in Design. The institute has a dedicated placement cell for the placement process in the campus and the activities which are required for its development.
To get admission in the National Institute of Design, a candidate has to clear a Design Aptitude Test done with two levels: Mains and Prelims. The students have to clear the minimum eligibility criteria to be able to get admission in the institute. Courses are well structured with a lot of emphasis given on practical skills along with theoretical knowledge.
NID Bangalore Important Dates
|NID DAT 2021 Registration Dates||09 Jan - 17 Feb, 2021|
|Last date to fill NIT DAT 2021 Application with late fees||17 Feb - 22 Feb, 2021|
|NIT DAT 2021 Exam Date||14 Mar, 2021|
NID Bangalore Highlights
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
|Popular Courses||B.Des and M.Des|
NID Bangalore Courses
The Institute provides its students with all the required skills which are required by any designer. It also provides opportunities with the right mentorship. Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses are provided to students with some of the most promising faculties in the area. Courses provided to students are listed below :
Course: Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Specializations: Ceramic & Glass Design, Furniture & Interior Design, Product Design, Animation Film, Exhibition Design, Film & Video Communication, Graphic Design
- Duration: 4 Years
- Fees: INR 1.51 Lakhs for First Sem
- Eligibility: 10+2
Course: Masters of Design (M.Des)
- Specializations: Design for Retail Experience, Digital Game Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Universal Design
- Duration: 2.5 Years
- Fees: INR 1.76
- Eligibility: Graduation
Course: Doctor of Philosophy in Design
- Specializations: Doctoral Design Courses
- Duration: 2.5 Years
- Fees: INR 36,400 for first semester
- Eligibility: Post Graduation
Read More NID Bangalore Courses and Fees
NID Bangalore Admission
Students seeking admission in the institute have to appear for the Design Aptitude test conducted all over the country. Admission is made according to the cutoffs and marks obtained in the exam. Applying for the exam is an online process. Students from different backgrounds can take admission to any course which is provided to students if they clear the minimum eligibility criteria set by the college.
- Visit the official website to register and apply for M.Des. offered by the Institute.
- Provide a valid email and phone number for future reference.
- Log in to the account and duly fill in the necessary details and click on save tab.
- In the next step, proceed to upload the documents, photograph, and signature.
- All the documents need to be in .jpeg or .jpg format.
- After uploading all the documents, click on save and proceed to pay the application fee.
- The application fee is INR 2000 for one discipline and INR 4000 for two disciplines. (INR 1000 for one and INR 2000 for two disciplines for SC/ST candidates).
- Payment can be done either online or offline through the demand draft.
- Take the print out of the application form for future reference.
Merit list of shortlisted candidates will be prepared based on the qualifying exam as well as performance in the entrance exam and interviews which will be uploaded on the official website. Selected candidates will have to appear in the Institute on a given date to confirm the seat.
Read More NID Bengaluru Admissions
NID Bengaluru Facilities
The Following facilities are provided by the Institute:
- Lecture Halls: Institute is well versed with proper lecture halls with all necessary requirements needed for design teaching.
- Design Room: Proper spaces are provided to students with proper centers for design and innovation purposes.
- Design Equipment is also provided to students in a proper manner with special care taken to produce the overall development of the students.
NID Bengaluru FAQs
Ques How are the faculties in NID Bengaluru?
Ans. Faculties of the college are well versed with all the skills which are required for the course development. Faculties also interact with the students in a positive environment.
Ques Is there any dedicated placement cell at NID Bengaluru ?
Ans. Yes, the institute has a well-versed placement committee with dedicated members and mentors.
Ques How is the course structure in NID Bengaluru?
Ans. Courses are well designed in order to bring overall development to the students. A combination of subjects is given to students who are in accordance with the skill requirement along with some mandatory courses.
Ques. Is there any Hostel Facility in NID Bengaluru?
Ans. No Institute currently has no hostel facility.